Is Amazon prime worth it for the TV? Is a Firestick worth it?

Am on the last day of my Amazon Prime trial. Did not there was a great movie choice, a bit disappointing really. The TV was poor. Don't use the music, and the free/next day parcel delivery is no good to me.

Don't know anything about getting a Firestick though. Is it just a one-off fee? Does it give you more content than you get with just Amazon Prime?

Don't think I can justify £85 a year I think it is for Prime. NOW TV represents better value for movies/tv series.

19 Comments

you can make as many amazon accounts as you like and start a new trial. I've got 8. Gmail don't recognise full stops but amazon does. so when you sign up to amazon put random full stop. for example a imagine your email is 12345@gmail.com you can sign up to amazon 1.2345@gmail.com and 12.345@gmail.com ect and all emails will be sent to the same email address because google just see then all as 12345@gmail.com

If you get a Firestick you can add Kodi, seems thats what everybody else does these days.
I'm a Prime member and love the next/same day delivery.
The choice of films on Prime aren't the best but theres always something to watch.
Make sure you get Prime when its on offer £59

Depends how you look at it. Do you stream music, do you want next or same day delivery on items, do you use Kindle, do you want unlimited cloud storage for photos? do you want to watch shows in HDR/4K? if the answer is yes to any of that then it's more than worth it...

The movies and TV shows are fine for me and are and have been getting a lot better over the years. throughout the year I also use now TV and netflix also but only when more than a few Tottenham game are showing that month or when netflix drops a new series of a show I like but it still works out cheaper when you combine all them things. The music app isn't perfect as it only allows a few million songs to stream but they also offer 40 million songs for extra per month.

I tried Prime but found the TV and film side of it not worth it by a long shot. As above, the Firestick runs Kodi really well and should cater for all your viewing needs.

Toon_army

If you get a Firestick you can add Kodi, seems thats what everybody else … If you get a Firestick you can add Kodi, seems thats what everybody else does these days.I'm a Prime member and love the next/same day delivery.The choice of films on Prime aren't the best but theres always something to watch.Make sure you get Prime when its on offer £59

i agree, i think prime for the delivery side of things is well wortth it, and now you have amazon music included its even better.
Dont think much to the Amazon TV, but i have a stick with Kodi so thats all you need

Original Poster

Toon_army

If you get a Firestick you can add Kodi, seems thats what everybody else … If you get a Firestick you can add Kodi, seems thats what everybody else does these days.I'm a Prime member and love the next/same day delivery.The choice of films on Prime aren't the best but theres always something to watch.Make sure you get Prime when its on offer £59

Have heard of Kodi but that's it, a bit clueless. Can someone please summarise what it is, what you get and how much it costs to get up and running and or per month?

you also get a free kindle book each month with prime

If buying prime solely for the tv and movies thete are better options out there, however combined benefits such as next day delivery make ot worthwhile to me.
Edited by: "Lemmin83" 10th Jan

noahsdad

Have heard of Kodi but that's it, a bit clueless. Can someone please … Have heard of Kodi but that's it, a bit clueless. Can someone please summarise what it is, what you get and how much it costs to get up and running and or per month?

Kodi is a free add-on mainly used by people to stream from, shall we say, questionable sources.

I use it occasionally but mainly use my firestick for Netflix. If it wasn't for the next day delivery I wouldn't bother with Prime for TV alone.

srp111

you also get a free kindle book each month with prime

​you also get a free twitch subscribe and gaming skin for a random game each month. if you know someone already on prime you can ask them to share. you can share with 1 other adult.
Edited by: "brendanhickey" 10th Jan

brendanhickey

you can make as many amazon accounts as you like and start a new trial. … you can make as many amazon accounts as you like and start a new trial. I've got 8. Gmail don't recognise full stops but amazon does. so when you sign up to amazon put random full stop. for example a imagine your email is [email protected] you can sign up to amazon [email protected] and [email protected] ect and all emails will be sent to the same email address because google just see then all as [email protected]

Learn something new everyday. Cheers

bigweapon07

Learn something new everyday. Cheers

​glad someone could understand it my typing is horrible.

Toon_army

Make sure you get Prime when its on offer £59

I've never seen that, do they often do it?

noahsdad

Have heard of Kodi but that's it, a bit clueless. Can someone please … Have heard of Kodi but that's it, a bit clueless. Can someone please summarise what it is, what you get and how much it costs to get up and running and or per month?

Kodi is really easy to install and easy to use once you get to grips.
You can use it for films, movies, tv, sports, music... Pretty much anything you like.
Rather than buying a stick from somebody with Kodi on, save yourself some money and head over to YouTube, type in Craigs Channel and watch one of my Kodi videos theres a few. Get stuck I'm always around to help.

Toon_army

Kodi is really easy to install and easy to use once you get to grips.You … Kodi is really easy to install and easy to use once you get to grips.You can use it for films, movies, tv, sports, music... Pretty much anything you like.Rather than buying a stick from somebody with Kodi on, save yourself some money and head over to YouTube, type in Craigs Channel and watch one of my Kodi videos theres a few. Get stuck I'm always around to help.

​nice channel I think I used it to install exodus.

brendanhickey

​nice channel I think I used it to install exodus.

I've got that many videos I can't remember what I've put up. Few people have bumped into me on random sites saying "Ahh I used your video" lol.
If you use a Android box rather than Amazon box/stick Cinebox, MovieHD and Megabox are all great for films/tv. Paragon is a good addon as well been using that a few weeks now

Just go on utube and type how to install kodi on firestick, loads of tutorials you will be able to follow. Best of luck pm me if you need any help

Yenyoc

Kodi is a free add-on mainly used by people to stream from, shall we say, … Kodi is a free add-on mainly used by people to stream from, shall we say, questionable sources.

Hardly. Kodi is a media center frontend used mainly by people with HTPCs to play their video files, control their tuners and so on.

In the last couple of years there have been various dodgy apps written for it by **** who don't want to pay for what they watch, but they're entirely separate and nothing to do with the program itself.

noahsdad

Don't know anything about getting a Firestick though. Is it just a … Don't know anything about getting a Firestick though. Is it just a one-off fee? Does it give you more content than you get with just Amazon Prime

I think it has iPlayer etc. if you don't have them built into your TV or available on another box.

Toon_army

I've got that many videos I can't remember what I've put up. Few people … I've got that many videos I can't remember what I've put up. Few people have bumped into me on random sites saying "Ahh I used your video" lol.If you use a Android box rather than Amazon box/stick Cinebox, MovieHD and Megabox are all great for films/tv. Paragon is a good addon as well been using that a few weeks now

​thanks I'll check them out. I use andoid boxes because I get them free to review off amazon
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2956
    2. Apple watch11
    3. Looking for a phone22
    4. Iphone/ipad external storage33

See more discussions