Is Amazon Prime worth the price?

Found 10th Jul
Hi

I've had Amazon Price for some years now.I just wondered if it is of any real use.

Pro - Some vague movies and a few TV serials free
Next day delivery on selected (these days very selected) items

Con - Most movies and Tv serials not available.Particularly if you have Netflix
Next day items are fewer and fewer
Prime items are clearly priced higher than regular items on Amazon

So, what am I paying £79 for? Am I missing something?
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
yes prime items are slightly more expensive but you also get the better support from amazon
not sure if I would take your word when it comes to fewer prime eligible items
regarding tv/movies that is all due to licencing and the list constantly changes
sounds like you have already made your mind up
Caroline_199313 m ago

If maybe the conditions are met....

(4) be able to provide proof of enrolment upon request, and (5) have a valid academic e-mail address that contains the domain suffix .ac.uk.
We may accept or refuse membership at our sole discretion. We may ask you to furnish documentation supporting your eligibility.
Worth twice the price of you use TV and delivery plus music ect
steve.t33 m ago

If maybe the conditions are met.... (4) be able to provide proof of …If maybe the conditions are met.... (4) be able to provide proof of enrolment upon request, and (5) have a valid academic e-mail address that contains the domain suffix .ac.uk.We may accept or refuse membership at our sole discretion. We may ask you to furnish documentation supporting your eligibility.

No just either find a free course or a cheap one and sign up for NUS and then send Amazon a copy of your card and 6 months free and 3 years at £39. Unless it’s changed since some one did it last week on here. You don’t even need w course to register some in “scrupulous” people have done it by just adding details.
steve.t1 h, 12 m ago

If maybe the conditions are met.... (4) be able to provide proof of …If maybe the conditions are met.... (4) be able to provide proof of enrolment upon request, and (5) have a valid academic e-mail address that contains the domain suffix .ac.uk.We may accept or refuse membership at our sole discretion. We may ask you to furnish documentation supporting your eligibility.

I found a cheap computer course online through e careers, cost about £1.99.

£14 or there abouts for the nus card to be delivered.

Sent amazon a copy of my nus card. Told them my course is for 5 years.

Saidnit will automatically renew at £39 for the duration on my course.

Im in my 3rd year.
I've had a few one free month prime memberships and have yet to see the point in taking them up on continuing prime after that.
I original took prime for The Grand Tour & more recently AVGN episodes but Next year amazon have bought rights to show some football matches wont interest me, might to some though
I have prime and generally think it’s fantastic. I do most of my shopping on amazon now because of it. If you need something in a hurry that’s not available to buy locally it’s great. It’s cheaper than most shops too.

For me personally it’s a bargain at £80 a year.
Me and my brother went half price for prime. I wouldn't pay full price on it.

Amazon prime delivery, great, no issue. Other than one or two items not being under prime.

Prime video, it's so so, it heavily advertises what you can buy or rent over its own prime list. Also layout is pretty horrible.

Amazon music was terrible compared to Google play and Spotify (unless you pay for premium). Bouncing between Google play 3 months for 99p and Spotify, I don't need prime music.

Amazon now has been bumped from £20 to £40 minimum spend. So it is a feature I do not touch as I buy shopping often in smaller chunks.

At half price it's worth it. Full price, I'd pass.
If you buy lots from amazon it’s worth it. If you don’t then it probably isn’t. I’m a prime subscriber.
I think it's worth it! Unlimited 1 day delivery - if it comes late you get given £5 promo credit/1 month Prime extention.

Prime Video is great - despite what people say, I find the UI pretty easy to navigate and differentiate between Prime and paid videos because Prime ones have a massive 'Prime' banner on it and all site banners say 'Prime Original' or 'Prime Exclusive'. For a price cheaper than Netflix, it has a lot of content including many films and TV shows, plus Premier League football next year.

You also get access to Prime Now, which gives 2 hour delivery for orders over £40. Even if you need a small amount of items, just buy an Amazon Gift Card to make up the minimum spend or pay the £3.99 delivery fee for orders over £15.

Then there is Prime Reading, Prime Photos, and Twitch Prime too. If you want to save money on Prime, either go down the student route or share Prime benefits through Amazon Household with someone else.

Also, it lets you have access to Prime Day on the 16th and a discounted Amazon Music Unlimited price. I agree Amazon Music for Prime members is rubbish, but Music Unlimited is decent enough and cheaper at £7.99 for Prime members (as opposed to £9.99 without).

You will also have access to Amazon Fresh for £3.99 per month with free same-day grocery delivery for orders over £40, plus you get £20 off £60 on your first order in the free trial period (shameless plug) .
Edited by: "jamie015" 10th Jul
Wouldn't be without it, if you use all (or a lot of) the features like I do its well worth it. Just started using prime reading on a kindle, wish I'd bought one years ago. Even if I leave it at home I can pick up where I left off on my phone.
Prime is value for money. And it is not worth it. You have to work it out for yourself to find out which applies to you.
Next day delivery for eligible items, free music streaming, Tv and Films, Unlimited photo cloud storage (might be 1TB), special discount events, early access to deals, Twitch freebies and more.
If that isn’t worth £7 a month to you ditch it.
TV licence is £140 you get to watch live TV.
Netflix starts at about £6-7. You can watch streamed TV.
If Amazon would
Just do an offer for music unlimited I’d be delighted.
Yes but depends if you order often enough to warrant it? I get twitch prime and Amazon video which alone makes it worthwhile
What until black Monday for the special price, the problem is Amazon is getting too big for it's boots, it's not good for the high street - although good for the consumer, the staff get screwed over as well.
It’s one of those things that once you don’t have it you can’t live without
Every time I’ve had prime. I’ve spent significantly more, purely because it’s so convenient.

That’s why I don’t have prime.
Bigfootpete11th Jul

What until black Monday for the special price, the problem is Amazon is …What until black Monday for the special price, the problem is Amazon is getting too big for it's boots, it's not good for the high street - although good for the consumer, the staff get screwed over as well.

The high street was on its way out even before ecommerce took off. The thing that killed the high street was the landlords who started charging way too much in rent so they could fleece the big chains but that killed the indie shops. Then all the big chains have been moving out to their own custom locations or onto big retail parks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants