Is an IKEA stuva loft bed suitable for a teen

Found 22nd Jul
getting children to live with me and am wondering if an IKEA stuva loft bed is suitable for a teenager.

any advice welcome.
Community Updates
6 Comments
Says she 8-12 on their website. Also, if you've low ceilings, kid will not have room to sit up in bed.
I have 15ft ceilings so that's not a problem. My concern was the space underneath it really
The head height space underneath looks too low to me, any child over 5’ foot tall would struggle to stand up from the chair without hitting their head unless they remembered to scoot the chair back first.
My two have just turned 15, my son is 5’11 and my daughter 5’7, it would be too small for them
Not very cool for a teenager. Looks a bit babyish.
psychobitchfromhell9 h, 26 m ago

Not very cool for a teenager. Looks a bit babyish.

I thought it looked quite good for a space saving solution, however I showed my son and he said “are you having a laugh?”
Sometimes forget that teenagers are young adults rather than older children and when they’ve got an opinion in their head it gets harder by the minute to ‘manipulate’ them.
Toptrumpet23 m ago

I thought it looked quite good for a space saving solution, however I …I thought it looked quite good for a space saving solution, however I showed my son and he said “are you having a laugh?”Sometimes forget that teenagers are young adults rather than older children and when they’ve got an opinion in their head it gets harder by the minute to ‘manipulate’ them.

Yeah. I could sleep in it if we followed your height guidelines but I'm miles past being a teenager and I certainly wouldn't thank you for one. Get up there with my dodgy ankle? I think not . I can imagine if you presented a teenager with a bed like this, they would roll their eyes like only teenagers can do in that manner that says to you, how can you be so stupid?
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 23rd Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants