Expired

Is an individual passport required when travelling with a group passport

9 replies
Found 4th Nov 2009
My daughter is going to Paris on a school trip, the school will be obtaining a group passport, I wondered does anybody know if she will require her individual passport too, only hers has expired and so would need to get her a new one if required. I have tried google but can't find an answer, any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

my daughter went on a school trip to spain about 6yrs ago and she didnt have a passport then

Surely if she's going with a group passport she won't need an individual, otherwise what would the point of a group one be?

Or am i missing something?

ask the school, or passport office for a correct answer

Original Poster

tracey.g;6784642

my daughter went on a school trip to spain about 6yrs ago and she didnt … my daughter went on a school trip to spain about 6yrs ago and she didnt have a passport then

thank you, that eases my mind, could do without the additional expense

sancho1983;6784643

Surely if she's going with a group passport she won't need an individual, … Surely if she's going with a group passport she won't need an individual, otherwise what would the point of a group one be?Or am i missing something?

not missing anything, thats what i'm asking, I don't think she will need one, but don't want to assume and find out last minute that she does.

Original Poster

loupomm;6784695

ask the school, or passport office for a correct answer

have told my daughter to ask at school tomorrow, just thought maybe someone here had a child who has been on a trip with a group passport that could give me an answer, been on passport website but can't find anything.

A collective passport allows groups of under 18s to travel without their own individual passport, provided that they are part of a school or recognised youth group. All students travelling under the collective passport must be British nationals and the group leader must hold a full and valid UK passport. Group leaders can apply for a collective passport from all UK passport agencies and are advised to allow at least six weeks for your application to be processed.

Ther answer is no......group passports are instead of.

Original Poster

niagrab;6784767

A collective passport allows groups of under 18s to travel without their … A collective passport allows groups of under 18s to travel without their own individual passport, provided that they are part of a school or recognised youth group. All students travelling under the collective passport must be British nationals and the group leader must hold a full and valid UK passport. Group leaders can apply for a collective passport from all UK passport agencies and are advised to allow at least six weeks for your application to be processed.

thank you, that is exactly the answer I was hoping for.

your welcome :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65699
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …44
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions