Is an iphone 4 much better than an iphone 3gs

To all iphone owners, is the iphone 4 much better than the 3gs ? Need some advice as thinking of getting one and don't know whether it is worth the extra £100 odd ?

16 Comments

nah, 3GS is just as good.

This may help:

3GS vs 4
Edited by: "thehitman" 2nd Dec 2010

£100 extra isn't tooooo bad in the long term. The screen is a massive step up but im happy enough with the 3GS. It's just as capable under the hood. I'd be tempted to sell some stuff on eBay to help find the extra £100.

Original Poster

thanks, similar view I have. Tempted to just get the 3GS but then think I may regret it. Phoned up vodafone and they are offering £59 off at the moment - which is guaranteed cash whereas TopCashBack are offering £110 for an iphone contract so not sure whether to risk the cash back or just take the discount ? Is it worth the risk ?

Yes it is superior battery life ,superior camera ,superior looks, superior screen and on and on and on:)

Supermod

Main differences would be the camera. Front facing, flash and 5mp.

Also, the display is MUCH better.

Supermod

james02

thanks, similar view I have. Tempted to just get the 3GS but then think I … thanks, similar view I have. Tempted to just get the 3GS but then think I may regret it. Phoned up vodafone and they are offering £59 off at the moment - which is guaranteed cash whereas TopCashBack are offering £110 for an iphone contract so not sure whether to risk the cash back or just take the discount ? Is it worth the risk ?

In 7 months time there will probably be a new model so bear that in mind.

Original Poster

magicjay1986

In 7 months time there will probably be a new model so bear that in mind.

Thanks

Original Poster

The way I look at it is if you buy an ipod it will cost upwards of £200 any way so to get this for £100 and then pay £30 a month it doesn't seem to bad (I am spending £10 on a sim only deal anyway so net cost is £20 really). Feedback is all great and much appreciated from everyone

You get MobileMe for free on the iphone 4. So if you lose your phone you can locate it.
It's around £50 a year otherwise.

Original Poster

which is the best HTC phone then to get

Original Poster

are HTC better than Apple ?

james02

are HTC better than Apple ?

It depends what HTC phone you are using.
HTC has loads of phones.

I have the 4, jumped from 2g to 4, can honestly say other than cleaner and asthetics its not much diffrence even from the 2, so as the 3gs has the vidcam id say go with the 3gs

Banned

It has a bigger apple logo, so definately worth paying the extra.

It's not THAT much better, only reason I swapped was because I could sell my 3GS for £350 & buy the new one for £39.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763950
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    3. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    4. GOT Leaks again416

See more discussions