Is anybody about to help me with my wireless router problem?

Ok so having had no internet connection for most of the day, I rang VM who determined the problem was with my router (not supplied by them).
I can connect to the internet using the router but only through a wired connection. As soon as I try to go wireless no connection can be found.
I've googled for the manual for my router and from what I can see all of the lights are on as they should be, I've reset & unplugged etc but still nothing.
It's a Belkin G F5D7234-4 v3
Any ideas? Thanks

13 Comments

Banned

I'll pop round and have a fiddle.

Where you ballin?

is your router visible on your pc when searching for networks?

Original Poster

sarbjeet_

is your router visible on your pc when searching for networks?

It comes & goes. When it's there I try to connect and it says unable to connect then disappears again

hi there, you can search online for the number for belkin and they will run you through the process that will sort this out and you will be up and running in 15 mins, hope that helps

louiseb84

It comes & goes. When it's there I try to connect and it says unable to … It comes & goes. When it's there I try to connect and it says unable to connect then disappears again

When it's there does it have any, or much signal?

hi again,actually i have the number for them as ive had this problem myself,happens every several months or so i think, its 01933352000

Original Poster

11simon21

hi there, you can search online for the number for belkin and they will … hi there, you can search online for the number for belkin and they will run you through the process that will sort this out and you will be up and running in 15 mins, hope that helps

Thank you, I'll give that a go tomorrow should I not sort it tonight
PaulNT

When it's there does it have any, or much signal?

It varies. When I reset the router the laptop automatically tries connecting to it & the signal is excellent - then it just stops so I click on connect and then it disappears. Occasionally it will pop back up again with a 'fair' connection

hi there, you can search online for the number for belkin and they will run you through the process that will sort this out and you will be up and running in 15 mins, hope that helps

Can you access the router settings?
Sounds like a channel change might help.

Original Poster

vinnyabdn

Can you access the router settings?Sounds like a channel change might … Can you access the router settings?Sounds like a channel change might help.

No I can't now, I've had to cut out the router completely - it's not bringing it up at all now & can't connect even through a wired connection so I'm connected with enet direct to modem
Am logging of just now but will be back in the morning.
Thank you to all who have posted
Edited by: "louiseb84" 17th Jun 2011

If you need it the manual is here

Original Poster

Thank you, ended up giving them a call and they had to reconfigure the router & it's working now
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Better watch out for these...912
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763956
    3. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1930
    4. GOT Leaks again514

See more discussions