is anybody good with using flash? im having a go but I have questions

5 replies
Found 10th Jan 2010
Im working through classroom in a book for adobe flash cs3 and some things it asks me to do doesnt have an explanation as to why im doing it, i just wodered if anyone mght have some answers so I can understand what im doing and use the things I learn in my own projects.

anyway, first question is
im doing a little animation where i move an aliens arms up and down, to move the let arm at a keyframe it asks me to rotate in the transform panel, but to move the right arm it asks me to select skew and change the horizontal and vertical skew, why not use the same for both, either skew or rotate, it doesnt explain why use one for one arm and one for another

also it confuses me when it asks me to click the instance of something, is there a reason it doesnt just say click the alien rather than click the alien_mc instance

thanku, i may have further questions as I go on, but this is all i have right now

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
5 Comments

Original Poster

nobody use flash here?

tatemze;7494571

nobody use flash here?

probably are, but i doubt many will respond, i can be such a headache, i tried using flash for some time, although i could have put more effort it, i just found it too confusing so i left it. Theres lots of tuturiols online, why not give it a go

Original Poster

punji;7495310

probably are, but i doubt many will respond, i can be such a headache, i … probably are, but i doubt many will respond, i can be such a headache, i tried using flash for some time, although i could have put more effort it, i just found it too confusing so i left it. Theres lots of tuturiols online, why not give it a go

i am doing tutorials, classroom in a book is a book of tutorials, it just doesnt explain why you do some of the things it asks you to do, im trying to find out the reason behind some of the instructions

The reason it asks you to do the arms in different ways is to teach you both ways, then you can make your own choice about which is best for a given situation.

My memory of flash is very vague, but if I recall, the reason it uses the term instance is because you have a "template" for an object, and then multiple instances of that template.

Original Poster

thanku, with the first question i asked because it had no explanation for doing it different, wudhave expected it to say we'll show you both ways of rotating an object or something
flash is hard work
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Parcels2go discount22
    2. Looking for advice on ESP8266 microcontroller project411
    3. Do I need fabric conditioner?1013
    4. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc56

See more discussions