Groups

Is anyone able to sign into PSN on the PS4 in the UK?

I bought a PS4 for Xmas and haven't since been able to play on it because of the Lizard squad taking PSN down on Xmas day, the official PSN Status says online so Is anyone able to sign into PSN on the PS4 in the UK?

(I live near Birmingham in "Bromsgrove")

23 Comments

Its been down for me since xmas too. I tried THIS little trick some have been suggesting and managed to get online.

Rumour has it that Sony are struggling to get everything back online. Its very sporadic at the moment and may take a few days (knowing Sony, thatll be weeks!)

Works fine for me.

they were hacked, just like xbox live, although xbox seems to be back up and running, sadly the playstation network is not, all you can do is to keep tabs on the service status every few hours in the hope its back up and running.

Original Poster

Hollowpoint

Its been down for me since xmas too. I tried THIS little trick some have … Its been down for me since xmas too. I tried THIS little trick some have been suggesting and managed to get online.

Yeah i heard about that but i just fear that it does something which PS might frown upon...

Back last night for us not been on today

Original Poster

n1ttygr1tty

they were hacked, just like xbox live, although xbox seems to be back up … they were hacked, just like xbox live, although xbox seems to be back up and running, sadly the playstation network is not, all you can do is to keep tabs on the service status every few hours in the hope its back up and running.

The Status is: Online.... Thats why i'm worried that i cant get on.

Hit and miss for me. Normally check if the apps working before I go on.

Claydon94

Yeah i heard about that but i just fear that it does something which PS … Yeah i heard about that but i just fear that it does something which PS might frown upon...

Its a setting they let you change so I cant see how it would matter. Im not worried anyhow. And besides it is there mess.

I got on last night, havent tried today

It wasn't hacked, it was a ddos attack, totally different. Mind you lizard squad still spoiled Xmas for many folks(tw#ts) it's now Sony dragging their heels after the attack. It's hit and miss at moment regarding logging on. I still can't but hey ho, I'll get on with my life meantime.

I signed in but need to verify my email address from an email they said had been sent - anyone else waiting on an email verification link?

I've been signed in constantly since the attack, I'm from halesowen, so I'm guessing location has very little to do what getting online !

It's intermittent.

From Bury, (North Manchester) and I've logged in since boxing day

Comment

Hollowpoint

Its been down for me since xmas too. I tried THIS little trick some have … Its been down for me since xmas too. I tried THIS little trick some have been suggesting and managed to get online.

thanks man! Worked for me

Have a look on twitter :

@LatestAnonNews

If anyone's PSN is still down please report to these sources: @AnonymousUK2015 and @LatestAnonNews. As far as we know, most PSN's are up.

@LatestAnonNews

PSN STATUS: ONLINE. If you're still not on. It's because of high and incoming traffic of people getting on.

http://t.co/NcGSZQNyAh

scooter1888

It wasn't hacked, it was a ddos attack, .

really?
    news.com.au/tec…921

Haven't tried since I left home at noon.. But hopefully will be able to log on when I get home! Fingers crossed!!!

everything seemed fine for me since last night, store, code redemptions and even ea fifa syncing

We managed since yesterday

Hey guys don't panic just change your mtu setting from 1500 to 1473.

To do this go into network settings. Set up a new connection selecting custom keeping everything else as it is apart from the mtu. Should be OK then. In a few days pop it back to 1500
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2469
      2. 5am gym crew20131
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1319
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?33

See more discussions