Is anyone else getting items from Play.com in unsatisfactory condition?

14 replies
Found 30th Apr 2009
Play were never great at packaging items but it seems to have got worse recently. I've recieved DVD boxsets in plastic bags, dented steelbooks/tins, ripped sleeves/outer packaging and smashed dvd cases! Has anyone else had similar problems?

1. Misc
  2. Post
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Post
13 Comments

old news I am afraid,been well documented recently

yep...

if i order 1 standard case game/blu ray etc they package it in a really tough cardboard sleeve...
But if i order a tin edition, or box set it comes in a cr*ppy jiffy bag!
makes no sense at all...
must cost them a fortune in refunds/replacements...
have sent my steelbook reservoir dogs blu ray back to get refunded. Looked like the postman had tried to rape it when it arrived

Original Poster

boothy;5084303

old news I am afraid,been well documented recently

Where?

At least you got yours! Mines gone missing and you have to wait 20 days before you lodge a complaint!!!!!!!

crum666;5084375

Where?

bitterwallet has been on bout this for ages

Ive had 100 orders i reckon all fine, no probs.

RuthIess;5084669

Ive had 100 orders i reckon all fine, no probs.

ive prob had nearly 1000+ orders and never had a damaged item more likely to be royal mail ive seen the way they throw thngs around

Banned

i love play.com, the order process is childs play, and no delivery charges, havent had anything dented yettouch wood

supermod

I've had the wrong item sent twice. Not my favourite retailer at the moment.:x Earlier orders were fine, just recently ....

sigma;5085103

I've had the wrong item sent twice. Not my favourite retailer at the … I've had the wrong item sent twice. Not my favourite retailer at the moment.:x Earlier orders were fine, just recently ....

Not bad considering how much they actually sell plus im sure theyd take it back on send you the correct item no drama.

supermod

RuthIess;5085128

Not bad considering how much they actually sell plus im sure theyd take … Not bad considering how much they actually sell plus im sure theyd take it back on send you the correct item no drama.

Still waiting for replacements at the moment, but genuinely hoping that ;-)

I have had quite a few orders from Play over the years and never had any problems. Could be the sorting office/post rounds that your packages are coming through. I'm in the North West of England and no problems here.

Original Poster

I'm sure it is the Royal mail raping half the stuff but Play don't use adequate packaging for a lot of stuff. My brothers Bret Hart book arrived today with a huge gash on the hardback. Now that wasn't Royal Mail.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63659
    2. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    3. win free cash32
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines10

See more discussions