Groups

Is anyone else looking forward to Trainspotting 2?

Having seen the trailer a couple of times, I can't wait for the long awaited follow up. Having just asked everyone at work, no one has seen or heard of the original!

I loved the original film and the soundtrack I still play on a scrated CD in my car. Born Slippy - Underworld is one of my fave tracks.

I even have a life sized poster somewhere of Renton that says 'Choose Life' on it that I got from HMV when posters were all the rage.

31 Comments

the original was amazing. let's hope the sequel is anywhere near as good.

I really enjoyed the book years ago but can't really remember it now. Loved the first film so definitely one I'm looking forward to.

wow u sound just like me lol I got both cds and I had a big poster of them all from hmv guessing u in yer late 30s can't wait for the new one I don't think it will beat the original but still can't wait

Read the book, watched the film, loved them both. Can't wait to watch the new film.
    I had that poster too, it was a massive one I had on the wall in my university halls of residence, next to my Pulp Fiction one.

Hearing Born Slippy always takes me on a massive nostalgia trip!

I miss the good old days!

dragon76

Read the book, watched the film, loved them both. Can't wait to watch … Read the book, watched the film, loved them both. Can't wait to watch the new film.I had that poster too, it was a massive one I had on the wall in my university halls of residence, next to my Pulp Fiction one. Hearing Born Slippy always takes me on a massive nostalgia trip!I miss the good old days!

​so do I take me back to 1995

http://previvor.diversitydigital.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Choose-Life-Shirt.jpg

It does look like it's going to be a good film.

Original Poster

bracey100

wow u sound just like me lol I got both cds and I had a big poster of … wow u sound just like me lol I got both cds and I had a big poster of them all from hmv guessing u in yer late 30s can't wait for the new one I don't think it will beat the original but still can't wait

35, not quite late 30's yet lol.

Original Poster

dragon76

Read the book, watched the film, loved them both. Can't wait to watch … Read the book, watched the film, loved them both. Can't wait to watch the new film.I had that poster too, it was a massive one I had on the wall in my university halls of residence, next to my Pulp Fiction one. Hearing Born Slippy always takes me on a massive nostalgia trip!I miss the good old days!

I'm going to have to get it out from my loft. I believe if you see the film on the opening weekend you get a free poster, not quite sure what I'll do with it though!

I remember the only place it fitting was the door of my bedroom.

Original Poster

I remember lots of people saying it encouraged drug use and glamorised it, actually from working with drug users for numerous years the feedback I've had was the opposite.

I read the books by Irvine Welsh too - can take some reading if you are not Scottish!

rachelandgromit

I remember lots of people saying it encouraged drug use and glamorised … I remember lots of people saying it encouraged drug use and glamorised it, actually from working with drug users for numerous years the feedback I've had was the opposite.I read the books by Irvine Welsh too - can take some reading if you are not Scottish!

Having worked in the substance misuse service I talked to someone recently who is hoping the new movie is on point. I don't believe the original glamorised it - a few might have thought wouldn't be amazing if... but I think if anyone did try something because of it then any excuse will have been sought; just like video games = violence or football = misogyny - if you are prone to one then you go looking for the excuse.

Mostly I think it highlighted part of society that most saw as "scum". When actually they are people who just happen to susceptible to a substance misuse problem from all backgrounds who haven't been as lucky as most.

Going to see it on the 27th, can't wait. I have a big wooden plaque of all of that "choose life" phrase....sits nicely on my kitchen wall

Banned

that the one in scotland where they get off of there tits?

The original Trainspotting (1996) is on Channel 4 this coming Sunday at 10.05pm.

rachelandgromit

I'm going to have to get it out from my loft. I believe if you see the … I'm going to have to get it out from my loft. I believe if you see the film on the opening weekend you get a free poster, not quite sure what I'll do with it though!I remember the only place it fitting was the door of my bedroom.

My poster was above my bed and I absolutely **** myself (a bit like Spud) one night when it fell off the wall onto me whilst I was sleeping!
    Edited by moderator: "." 17th Jan

rachelandgromit

...the soundtrack I still play on a scrated CD in my car...

Mephedrone?

I can't remember much of the original but am rectifying that tonight as a nearby cinema is showing the first film. Bit of a money grabbing move on their part but hey that's business.
    Edited by: "aileenbo" 17th Jan

Banned

joetootell

that the one in scotland where they get off of there tits?

No it's the Scotland one where they get off of their tits

rachelandgromit

35, not quite late 30's yet lol.

​u still younger than me I'm 37

Banned

Skiinet

No it's the Scotland one where they get off of their tits

Yeh man took some inspiration from that film.

Daddio

That's horrific! IT looks like the re-animated corpse of the dead **** love child of George & Micheal Jackson.

re TS2,one of the few films to live up to the good book it was based on.
    I remember going to see his play, 'you've had your hole' naturally was stoned.

20 odd years ago now,how time flies when you choose life eh...
    Edited by: "syne209" 17th Jan

Sill own the dvd and the book
    trying not to get to excited
    https://media.giphy.com/media/L9l3m9G06J5AY/giphy.gif
    imdb.com/tit…04/
    Edited by: "Wongy110" 17th Jan

Original Poster

thewongwing101

Sill own the dvd and the booktrying not to get to excited … Sill own the dvd and the booktrying not to get to excited http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2763304/

Atomic!

One of my fave Diane quotes....

Diane: Do you find that this approach usually works? Or let me guess, you’ve never tried it before. In fact, you don’t normally approach girls — am I right? The truth is that you’re a quiet sensitive type but, if I’m prepared to take a chance, I might just get to know the inner you. A little bit crazy, a little bit bad. But hey — don’t us girls just love that?
    Renton: Eh?
    Diane:Well, what’s wrong boy — cat got your tongue?
    Edited by: "rachelandgromit" 17th Jan

what a film, a masterpiece..

Robert Carlyle ended up on our screens 24/7 after TS1!

Shallow Grave is also another classic from Danny Boyle, worth a watch.
    Edited by: "dereklogan7" 18th Jan

dereklogan7

Shallow Grave is also another classic from Danny Boyle, worth a watch.

Some really good films Trainspotting and Slumdog Millionaire
    have to be my favourites
    imdb.com/nam…65/

Trainspotting reminds me of my uni days (oh so glorious).... best line ever was 'Spud they're maaa sheeeets'.... before all the shut went everywhere! .. Classic

Being waiting for years for Ewan to get over the snub of missing out on the beac,h and him and danny boyle get back together for T2.

I cannot wait

Original Poster

Trainspotting T2 - Amazing. Ewen Bremner was just brilliant, star of the film IMO.

Some flashbacks to the original film and soundtrack too. It's one I could easily watch again.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet11
      2. Laptop 1060 gtx ?11
      3. Any tips on finding a cheap new kitchen plus bathroom with fitting?11
      4. Gear best shipping?44

See more discussions