Is anyone elses eBay search not working on the app?

Posted 28th Apr 2022
I keep getting an internal error message and it says restart the app, all day so far.

I have restarted the app, cleared cache, reinstalled the app and I have installed the previous version.

I have asked a friend to check there's in person and it is not having any issues like this at all and they use the same phone and version.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    8Mile28/04/2022 23:30

Phone is fully up to date but I'm almost certain this is their issue and …Phone is fully up to date but I'm almost certain this is their issue and not a phone issue since it appears to be account specific now.The same two phones have been used with two accounts, mine and another.Mine is having this issue, the other is not, infinite searches can be performed on the other whilst mine is having this problem.Unless it is account specific or some accounts are somehow linked to different servers on their end I don't see how the hard reset would help at this stage and will avoid it at all costs with too much data to mess around with adding back once it's wiped.I've found downdetector which has comments at the bottom of the page now showing others with similar problems including not being able to sign in at all.Adding more:They have just added an update in the store version 6.59.0.2

No I meant hard reset as in to force reboot your phone. Nothing will be deleted. Apologies for not being clear. Search up on google how to force reboot along with the name of your device.

But if that doesn’t work might to contact them and simply use eBay on your phones browser for the time being. (edited)
    Update your phone. Or perform a hard reset of your phone.
    8Mile29/04/2022 00:20

Thanks, I tried it and no change.I contacted them this morning when it …Thanks, I tried it and no change.I contacted them this morning when it became apparent there is a problem from nowhere. The standard message was they will forward it to their tech department and let me know.They have never let me know before, ever. So I'm skeptical they will do anything.The browser is nowhere near as smooth as the app (when it works) unfortunately and navigation is a massive inconvenience. I will go back to laptop or desktop if needed but it really shouldn't be needed considering how big their business is.How many rely on the app, use the app. I'm sure others are having the problems too since downdetector shows some comments from today.Something happened over night or this morning, a wrong button pushed, switch flipped, server issue or the likes.Their app updates never really say what has been updated either, no fix mentions, the same message is said on every update.Hopefully they fix it soon, I thought I figured it out with installing the previous version but it didn't so all of that exhausted it has to be from their end.

Not sure what it could be if you had tried everything which you mentioned. Probably from their end as you say. Slim chance maybe you could free some RAM from phone and have no other apps running in the background whilst using the eBay app.

Also you mentioned you cleared Cache, do you mean clearing the Cache of the eBay app or cache the whole phone. If you haven’t cleared system Cache, might want to try that to. I’ll put a link below if you’re on android.

joyofandroid.com/wipe-the-system-cache-partition-android-devices/ (edited)
    had the same problem last night, fine now
    Author
    AJ1028/04/2022 23:26

Update your phone. Or perform a hard reset of your phone.

Phone is fully up to date but I'm almost certain this is their issue and not a phone issue since it appears to be account specific now.

The same two phones have been used with two accounts, mine and another.

Mine is having this issue, the other is not, infinite searches can be performed on the other whilst mine is having this problem.

Unless it is account specific or some accounts are somehow linked to different servers on their end I don't see how the hard reset would help at this stage and will avoid it at all costs with too much data to mess around with adding back once it's wiped.

I've found downdetector which has comments at the bottom of the page now showing others with similar problems including not being able to sign in at all.

Adding more:

They have just added an update in the store version 6.59.0.2 (edited)
    Author
    AJ1028/04/2022 23:36

No I meant hard reset as in to force reboot your phone. Nothing will be …No I meant hard reset as in to force reboot your phone. Nothing will be deleted. Apologies for not being clear. Search up on google how to force reboot along with the name of your device.But if that doesn’t work might to contact them and simply use eBay on your phones browser for the time being.

Thanks, I tried it and no change.

I contacted them this morning when it became apparent there is a problem from nowhere. The standard message was they will forward it to their tech department and let me know.

They have never let me know before, ever. So I'm skeptical they will do anything.

The browser is nowhere near as smooth as the app (when it works) unfortunately and navigation is a massive inconvenience. I will go back to laptop or desktop if needed but it really shouldn't be needed considering how big their business is.

How many rely on the app, use the app. I'm sure others are having the problems too since downdetector shows some comments from today.

Something happened over night or this morning, a wrong button pushed, switch flipped, server issue or the likes.

Their app updates never really say what has been updated either, no fix mentions, the same message is said on every update.

Hopefully they fix it soon, I thought I figured it out with installing the previous version but it didn't so all of that exhausted it has to be from their end.
    Author
    AJ1029/04/2022 00:34

Not sure what it could be if you had tried everything which you mentioned. …Not sure what it could be if you had tried everything which you mentioned. Probably from their end as you say. Slim chance maybe you could free some RAM from phone and have no other apps running in the background whilst using the eBay app. Also you mentioned you cleared Cache, do you mean clearing the Cache of the eBay app or cache the whole phone. If you haven’t cleared system Cache, might want to try that to. I’ll put a link below if you’re on android.joyofandroid.com/wipe-the-system-cache-partition-android-devices/

It appears to be working today so must have been something going on at their end.

I cleared the app cache although this wouldn't do anything in my opinion, sometimes their system just goes haywire for unknown reasons.

12gb ram so should be ok.
    Scammed by ebay on monday with money getting wipes clean out of my bank account ebay not bothered in the slightest never again been a member for more than 10 years put me off ebay completely
's avatar
Top Merchants