Groups

Is anyone good on telling the value of oldish books?

I've got a set of C.S.Lewis books that I think are from 1974. I've been told that they're worth a lot of money but I'm not too sure. If anyone is any good at valueing the books then please let me know so I can upload some pics.

Thanks in advance xxx

19 Comments

No I'm not, sorry.

Original Poster

highguyuk;4782531

No I'm not, sorry.

Thanks anyway xx

What edition are they? and any special features?

Sorry, but C. S. Lewis books are not worth a lot of money, unless they are first editions or signed. All his books are readily available and are often seen in charity shops.

Predikuesi;4782611

Sorry, but C. S. Lewis books are not worth a lot of money, unless they … Sorry, but C. S. Lewis books are not worth a lot of money, unless they are first editions or signed. All his books are readily available and are often seen in charity shops.

And for some reason - I can't think why :whistling: - I imagine you like his perspective Pred...

Liddle ol' me;4782628

And for some reason - I can't think why :whistling: - I imagine you like … And for some reason - I can't think why :whistling: - I imagine you like his perspective Pred...

Actually I dislike his theology - I presume you do too

Predikuesi;4782665

Actually I dislike his theology - I presume you do too

I just dislike theology, period. :w00t:

Liddle ol' me;4782687

I just dislike theology, period. :w00t:

That's exactly what I meant:p

Original Poster

Hiya,
    It doesn't have an edition in there, nor the numbers like 1 3 5 7 type thing (is that the edition?!) The books are in a box thingy and are- lion, witch and wardrobe, prince caspian, the voyage of the dawn treader, the silver chair, the horse and his boy, the magician's nephew and the last battle. All with illustrations by Pauline Bayner.

midjet666;4782874

Hiya,It doesn't have an edition in there, nor the numbers like 1 3 5 7 … Hiya,It doesn't have an edition in there, nor the numbers like 1 3 5 7 type thing (is that the edition?!) The books are in a box thingy and are- lion, witch and wardrobe, prince caspian, the voyage of the dawn treader, the silver chair, the horse and his boy, the magician's nephew and the last battle. All with illustrations by Pauline Bayner.

Think you mean Pauline Baynes

midjet666;4782874

Hiya,It doesn't have an edition in there, nor the numbers like 1 3 5 7 … Hiya,It doesn't have an edition in there, nor the numbers like 1 3 5 7 type thing (is that the edition?!) The books are in a box thingy and are- lion, witch and wardrobe, prince caspian, the voyage of the dawn treader, the silver chair, the horse and his boy, the magician's nephew and the last battle. All with illustrations by Pauline Bayner.

Post a pic of the inside page with publication details...

]CLICK HERE

Input the details in here and do a search to see if any rare book sellers have them, this site is quite interesting.

You wanna look up some of the proof copies of Harry Potter... Silly Dollar!

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;4783201

Post a pic of the inside page with publication details...

Just going to upload it now

Original Poster

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8171/p1010006y.th.jpg

Original Poster

midjet666;4783650

Underneath that bit it says something about not selling or lending etc, that old fashioned statement which I haven't seen recently in books. No numbers or anything.

Original Poster

So can anyone tell?Many thanks xxxx

midjet666;4786331

So can anyone tell?Many thanks xxxx

Difficult to say without seeing the covers are they a set? If they are a Set they may be worth something looking at that Abebooks link I posted.

Don't suppose you will ever know unless you take them to a proper BookWorm.

Look for local antique stores and seek their advice, keep an eyeout for Antique Valuation days, there are bound to be some coming up within the Easter Period. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Celticsun;4786914

Difficult to say without seeing the covers are they a set? If they are a … Difficult to say without seeing the covers are they a set? If they are a Set they may be worth something looking at that Abebooks link I posted.Don't suppose you will ever know unless you take them to a proper BookWorm.Look for local antique stores and seek their advice, keep an eyeout for Antique Valuation days, there are bound to be some coming up within the Easter Period. :thumbsup:

Brilliant thank you, I'll post the proper pictures later, (they're on my laptop and I'm on PC atm,can't be bothered to change :thumbsup:) but will look around for local antique shops etc. There was a valuation day a few weeks ago but I missed it and they charged you to valuate it which I thought they did it for free and it was about 20miles from me so probably wouldn't have gone anyway lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG Watch Style worth buying for £75?11
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News77
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764386
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?33197

See more discussions