Is anyone here knowledgeable about electric security gates/remotes?

Hi all.

We have a security gate to enter our small estate - you need to input a PIN code and the gates will open.
Its very dark at night time though and ocassionally people hang around, so I enquired about purchasing a remote for it so that I wouldn't have to get out of my car to open the gate.
Unfortunately, though the company did used to sell the remotes for £40, they have now ceased trading.
The gates and motors are all labelled with that company's branding so I am stuck unless I can perhaps buy a universal remote (if there's such a thing) and program it?
I guess they operate at a certain frequency or something I haven't clue, can anyone advise please? I would really appreciate it
I had a look and the only one I could really find is one that 'copies' your original remote, which is obviously no good in this case

7 Comments

Do you know if one of your neighbours has a remote?

If so, you could ask them if they would mind you cloning it.

Banned

You'll need to find out who made the control box/electronics, Its unlikely the firm that fitted them did but if they did your stuck

Original Poster

cannyscot

Do you know if one of your neighbours has a remote?If so, you could ask … Do you know if one of your neighbours has a remote?If so, you could ask them if they would mind you cloning it.

No, none of us do unfortunately
We were intending to group together to order in bulk but didn't get round to it till now that its getting dark early and that

I will ask OH if he can open up the panel or something to see if there is a manufacturer listed inside.
Just found on Google also there there may be a 'learn' button you can press under the panel so that you can add a remote

Banned

do a google search on images for "sercurity gate keypad control box" you might get lucky and see yours and who makes it

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

do a google search on images for "sercurity gate keypad control box" you … do a google search on images for "sercurity gate keypad control box" you might get lucky and see yours and who makes it

Thanks OH opened up the box because I hadno luck on Google - we have tracked down the company and have all the info we need to order the remotes

Thanks everyone who replied x

Banned

why not get security lighting on the gates

Banned

and one of those annoying wasp type things that keeps kids away lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763950
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    3. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    4. GOT Leaks again416

See more discussions