Groups

Is anyone here on BT Infinity?

I usually steer clear of BT but I'm seriously temped to switch to BT Infinity now its available on my exchange.
    Would appreciate any feedback on the service Read some good reviews but also some horror stories about throttling....

6 Comments

We get 40mbs download and 10mbs upload via bt, and never had a problem. Good service imho.

Original Poster

Thx, that's good to hear. Pretty confident we'll get good speeds as I'm only about 50 metres from the cabinet. Just a bit worried about the 300gb cap on the FUP, believe they really throttle your speed if you hit it. Just phoned O2 but they can't tell me my average monthly usage.

longbowassassin

We get 40mbs download and 10mbs upload via bt, and never had a problem. … We get 40mbs download and 10mbs upload via bt, and never had a problem. Good service imho.

We get the same BT infinity is very good,we were with virgin but got fed up with them capping the download speed.

Pity bt can't fix their normal infrastructure with the line rental they receive from the poor mugs that are paying for this upgrade they will never see and who will only ever see fibre optics on a tacky Christmas tree.
    Edited by: "dontasciime" 30th Mar 2011

got it, brilliant.

word of warning, they seriously throttle torrents between 4pm and midnight, like basically stop them altogether

One reason why you keep hearing about how bad bt is, is because so many ppl are on it and so the percentage will always be higher in complaints. Personally never had a problem with them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator24
      2. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…55
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553760
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826345

See more discussions