Is anywhere doing midnight launch for modern warfare

Posted 23rd Oct
hi dose anyone know of anywhere doing midnight launch for the new modern warfare I have contacted asda who said no
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

27 Comments
Game are usually the ones for midnight launches.
what about download, most let you install before hand... if you get disc you will need to install patch anyway..
There's two large patch files for discs on day 1. Wouldn't recommend you purchase the disc if you wanna play the game right away as the digital version allows you to download the patches before the game releases. Completely up to you, thought i would just give you a heads up!
Asda is always open at midnight to pick the game up from.
KingNav36023/10/2019 20:22

Asda is always open at midnight to pick the game up from.

They said they dont have the staff to put it out
kevnemma23/10/2019 20:22

They said they dont have the staff to put it out

I always speak to customer service, or person around til area and they bring it out from the back, no issues.
veejai23/10/2019 20:12

There's two large patch files for discs on day 1. Wouldn't recommend you …There's two large patch files for discs on day 1. Wouldn't recommend you purchase the disc if you wanna play the game right away as the digital version allows you to download the patches before the game releases. Completely up to you, thought i would just give you a heads up!

I was just going download for me getting in from work think it's more expensive on console
kevnemma23/10/2019 20:24

I was just going download for me getting in from work think it's more …I was just going download for me getting in from work think it's more expensive on console

fair enough kev, i managed to get the game on digital for £50 which is reasonable for digital.
Why bother it’ll be another disappointing game and it won’t make any difference to wait a month or so when it’ll be half price
Honestly I’d recommend digital. You can download early and it’ll start up as soon as the clock strikes midnight on the release day. I get all my psn codes off a website called cdkeys. They sell them quite abit cheaper than usual. For instance a £50psn card costs £42.99 etc. The code gets sent to your email address instantly too. I think xbox codes are discounted too. Not sure though cdkeys.com
help.game.co.uk/hc/…hes

Full list of participating/non-participating Game stores here.
Managed to get this via eBay using code posted here the other day for £38, and arrived today. Multiplayer is locked until 25th which sucks.

38739816-xuNCD.jpg
GalaxyESX23/10/2019 21:12

Managed to get this via eBay using code posted here the other day for £38, …Managed to get this via eBay using code posted here the other day for £38, and arrived today. Multiplayer is locked until 25th which sucks. [Image]

Would be grateful for the link.
Sammy8623/10/2019 21:34

Would be grateful for the link.

hotukdeals.com/dea…887

It's expired now, but worked on a few games. Luckily I managed to snap up death stranding & outer world's for £38 aswel.
I suppose the real question though is this, does anybody actually need a midnight launch for a game? Might as well get a good night's sleep and pick it up from a supermarket the following morning, it's not as if you are going to really miss out on anything by having to wait until the next day to play it.
Haircut_10023/10/2019 23:16

I suppose the real question though is this, does anybody actually need a …I suppose the real question though is this, does anybody actually need a midnight launch for a game? Might as well get a good night's sleep and pick it up from a supermarket the following morning, it's not as if you are going to really miss out on anything by having to wait until the next day to play it.

And there's always a 15-40gb update! So realistically unless you've got super fast broadband you won't be playing until 3-4am
Haircut_10023/10/2019 23:16

I suppose the real question though is this, does anybody actually need a …I suppose the real question though is this, does anybody actually need a midnight launch for a game? Might as well get a good night's sleep and pick it up from a supermarket the following morning, it's not as if you are going to really miss out on anything by having to wait until the next day to play it.

I guess people would buy the game, let it download overnight, then play it when they wake up. Though given the only stores doing this will charge full price, you'd be better off buying digital and preloading the game.
Edited by: "jamie15" 23rd Oct
veejai23/10/2019 20:26

fair enough kev, i managed to get the game on digital for £50 which is …fair enough kev, i managed to get the game on digital for £50 which is reasonable for digital.

How is 50 quid reasonable for a digital game?
bbfb12323/10/2019 23:54

How is 50 quid reasonable for a digital game?

Brudda there’s no where else that sells the digital version for cheaper. It’s £60 on the Psn store and I got it for £50.
veejai23/10/2019 23:57

Brudda there’s no where else that sells the digital version for cheaper. I …Brudda there’s no where else that sells the digital version for cheaper. It’s £60 on the Psn store and I got it for £50.

I'm saying 50 quid is a price for any game. Cod is not worth 50 quid.
bbfb12323/10/2019 23:59

I'm saying 50 quid is a price for any game. Cod is not worth 50 quid.

Ohhh fair enough bro, £50 is a large chunk of money but it is what it is I guess
veejai24/10/2019 00:00

Ohhh fair enough bro, £50 is a large chunk of money but it is what it is I …Ohhh fair enough bro, £50 is a large chunk of money but it is what it is I guess

Especially for a pc game too. Asking 50 quid is taking the piss. Pc games should be 30-35.
@kevnemma did you go to a midnight launch or not?
jamie1524/10/2019 00:52

@kevnemma did you go to a midnight launch or not?

Have to wait until tonight to find out
Tesco Extra (the big 24 hour ones) usually do midnight launches
Bob2460124/10/2019 05:29

Have to wait until tonight to find out

Oh yeah, got my dates confused
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants