Is Apple Care+ really worth it? Gulp

Posted 19th Sep
I'm taking plunge and ordering the apple 11.... Im hoping this one lasts longer then last 2 new iPhones I got as present from hubby on birth of each my kids ( yeah i did that lol) both were stolen in a couple of months. no insurance Cas I was too tired to arrange it.... so kids are big now... I'm hoping I won't be distracted by the *;:#$@ theive's again! ... tho I think I've answered my own question... any good advice please from experience, really welcomed.
Community Updates

Groups

17 Comments
Its works, Apples customer service is second to none, but its just basically insurance for your phone and it is pricey. You will either not need it and curse yourself for wasting your money or you will break/loose your phone or get it stolen again and be glad you had Apple care. Its worth contacting your home insurance and see how much it would be to add cover for your phone on, it will probably be cheaper, and yes they can cover it outside the home. I have my camera equipment, phone and iPad on my home insurance covered anywhere.
Edited by: "Donkii" 19th Sep
I regretted not getting it as I managed to drop my XS Max and the screen is a fortune to replace but thankfully had cover with my bank so paid a excess to them

I’ll defo be looking at adding it on, when I next upgrade for peace of mind
Wow thanks I'll look at home insurance first but Apple Care doesn't cover for loss just accidental damage ....
sohailh198419/09/2019 15:53

I regretted not getting it as I managed to drop my XS Max and the screen …I regretted not getting it as I managed to drop my XS Max and the screen is a fortune to replace but thankfully had cover with my bank so paid a excess to themI’ll defo be looking at adding it on, when I next upgrade for peace of mind

My kids have both dropped or knocked my phone's over the years all have cracked screens... Not sure I'd be able to look at a clear one again
No1Funnymummy19/09/2019 16:03

My kids have both dropped or knocked my phone's over the years all have …My kids have both dropped or knocked my phone's over the years all have cracked screens... Not sure I'd be able to look at a clear one again

Think you should buy "Mous limitless case" on top of any insurance you get.
I would say one of the best cases to protect your Phone. (they also comes with a good screen protector. (**to note i am not sure if the Iphone 11 case comes with one)).
Edited by: "Mackan" 19th Sep
I recommend getting a Nationwide FlexPlus bank account. For £13 a month (less if you factor in the 3% interest on the account) you get a lot for your money. The mobile insurance is worldwide, it covers entire family (same household) and is for lost, stolen, damaged or faulty mobiles all at a reasonable excess. The fee includes other insurance products: travel and breakdown.

Nationwide FlexPlus Account
Edited by: "ChrisKaru" 19th Sep
ChrisKaru19/09/2019 18:21

I recommend getting a Nationwide FlexPlus bank account. For £13 a month …I recommend getting a Nationwide FlexPlus bank account. For £13 a month (less if you factor in the 3% interest on the account) you get a lot for your money. The mobile insurance is worldwide, it covers entire family (same household) and is for lost, stolen, damaged or faulty mobiles all at a reasonable excess. The fee includes other insurance products: travel and breakdown. Nationwide FlexPlus Account

Just had a look at that and the excesses seem very excessive, £125 for an Apple phone
paulj4819/09/2019 20:53

Just had a look at that and the excesses seem very excessive, £125 for an …Just had a look at that and the excesses seem very excessive, £125 for an Apple phone

Not sure where you got £125 from? The excess is £100 for stolen/lost and £50 for damage/breakdown. Excess is halved for non-Apple. Considering most Apple devices are valued in excess of £100 even after several years of depretiation seems pretty good value to me.
ChrisKaru19/09/2019 20:59

Not sure where you got £125 from? The excess is £100 for stolen/lost and £ …Not sure where you got £125 from? The excess is £100 for stolen/lost and £50 for damage/breakdown. Excess is halved for non-Apple. Considering most Apple devices are valued in excess of £100 even after several years of depretiation seems pretty good value to me.

Ahh the plan is changing 1st Nov.
ChrisKaru19/09/2019 18:21

I recommend getting a Nationwide FlexPlus bank account. For £13 a month …I recommend getting a Nationwide FlexPlus bank account. For £13 a month (less if you factor in the 3% interest on the account) you get a lot for your money. The mobile insurance is worldwide, it covers entire family (same household) and is for lost, stolen, damaged or faulty mobiles all at a reasonable excess. The fee includes other insurance products: travel and breakdown. Nationwide FlexPlus Account

Omg that's amazing thank you for sharing! T & C's are good. And I also need a new bank account with decent interest! Bingo!
paulj4819/09/2019 20:53

Just had a look at that and the excesses seem very excessive, £125 for an …Just had a look at that and the excesses seem very excessive, £125 for an Apple phone

Oh, didn't see that...
ChrisKaru19/09/2019 21:00

Ahh the plan is changing 1st Nov.

It's like a different plan now... No 3% interest. That's going. shame.
Yeah different plan. Albeit the claim allowance is going up to cover phones up to £1500.
Forgot to mention the great thing with the Nationwide insurance is that it covers grey/foreign import devices. I always buy my flagship phones from Hong Kong knowing any issues and I'm covered. Thankfully I've never had to claim.
It probably be cheaper if you got insurance with your bank and will cover loss and theft
Mackan19/09/2019 16:20

Think you should buy "Mous limitless case" on top of any insurance you …Think you should buy "Mous limitless case" on top of any insurance you get. I would say one of the best cases to protect your Phone. (they also comes with a good screen protector. (**to note i am not sure if the Iphone 11 case comes with one)).

My Mous limitless fell apart after a year. Opens like a book at the back
Got the iPhone 11 at the airport in the end so got it £30 cheaper. Looked up mous but in the end I went for ulgy but reliable outterbox. And got insurance 7.50 £ per month covers EVERYTHING Thanks for everyones input!
Edited by: "No1Funnymummy" 12th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants