Groups

Is Asda really the best value supermarket!

Banned
    I have had loads of freebies from Tesco, Morrison's and Sainsbury's.

I believe Asda offered a voucher booklet during the festive period.

A lot of member's said it was not very good.

Therefore overall I don't think Asda offers the best value.

67 Comments

Banned

They're the cheapest...

The voucher was rubbish, but i think Asda is good value overall.

Its the supermarket we use regularly anyway.

Original Poster Banned

Marina

The voucher was rubbish, but i think Asda is good value overall. Its the … The voucher was rubbish, but i think Asda is good value overall. Its the supermarket we use regularly anyway.

I guess if you like it you will stay.

We live very close to Asda but I rarely use it.

When we are out and about we go to the other supermarkets.

Aldi and Lidl are the best value Supermarkets, the big boys are IMO one huge cartel.

Morrison's is best imo

Always shop at Asda went skint, but Tesco's I always hated, have to say quality control is far better and they are more willing to serve the customer.

asda will price match your shopping though.

DLM

I guess if you like it you will stay.We live very close to Asda but I … I guess if you like it you will stay.We live very close to Asda but I rarely use it.When we are out and about we go to the other supermarkets.

Only other option for us is tesco, we do shop there but not regularly. Morrisons and M&S are in town center here, so their opening hours and parking are not ideal and no Sainsburys either.

Banned

Aldi and Lidl don't count for me as I find it's impossible to do a full shop there. I'd have to go to two supermarkets to do a full shop so stick with just the big ones in most cases.

Original Poster Banned

badgerrules

asda will price match your shopping though.

Do you get rewarded for shopping there though.

Last year we received £126.00 from Tesco in vouchers which we have either quadrupled or doubled on rewards.

Also lots of freebies from Sainsbury's using the Nectar card.

We also got £30 vouchers from Morrisons just before christmas.

Banned

DLM

Do you get rewarded for shopping there though.Last year we received … Do you get rewarded for shopping there though.Last year we received £126.00 from Tesco in vouchers which we have either quadrupled or doubled on rewards.Also lots of freebies from Sainsbury's using the Nectar card.We also got £30 vouchers from Morrisons just before christmas.

You do if you're with Utility Warehouse.

DLM

Do you get rewarded for shopping there though.Last year we received … Do you get rewarded for shopping there though.Last year we received £126.00 from Tesco in vouchers which we have either quadrupled or doubled on rewards.Also lots of freebies from Sainsbury's using the Nectar card.We also got £30 vouchers from Morrisons just before christmas.

All of the so called " Freebies " are included in the price that you pay, no supermarket actually gives you anything.

With their price match/refund thingy, I don't see how you can lose tbh.
    hotukdeals.com/mis…121

Original Poster Banned

I like Tesco clothing so I use the double up when it is available.

I got a coat for about £10 in November.

Edited by: "DLM" 6th Jan 2011

Banned

Thank you for this information

I will try and store it to use in the future

I also like Waitrose.

as there are less mentals and/or sad people.

vibeone

Thank you for this informationI will try and store it to use in the … Thank you for this informationI will try and store it to use in the futureI also like Waitrose.as there are less mentals and/or sad people.

Plenty in there last time I looked, they all had money to burn.(_;)

DLM

Some may find it appealing to get 'Rewards', but it still may not be best value overall.

It may be beneficial to people who try to plan and maximise the rewards e.g. Tesco vouchers.

Banned

Inactive

Plenty in there last time I looked, they all had money to burn.(_;)

no they just think they do Imaginary money isn't legal tender

Banned

This thread is DEPRESSING.

Original Poster Banned

Marina

Some may find it appealing to get 'Rewards', but it still may not be best … Some may find it appealing to get 'Rewards', but it still may not be best value overall.It may be beneficial to people who try to plan and maximise the rewards e.g. Tesco vouchers.

I do like Tesco clothing and we have enjoyed a day out for free with Tesco vouchers.
    Edited by: "DLM" 6th Jan 2011

Banned

DLM

I do like Tesco clothing and we have enjoyed a day out for free with … I do like Tesco clothing and we have enjoyed a day out for free with Tesco vouchers.

Did that cheer you up?

Original Poster Banned

vibeone

You depress me because I feel sorry for you.

I wish your life was more fulfilling

DLM

I do like Tesco clothing and we have enjoyed a day out for free with … I do like Tesco clothing and we have enjoyed a day out for free with Tesco vouchers.

You don't get owt for nowt.

You will have paid for your " free " day out, it is all included in Tesco pricing structure.

vibeone

Keep out of it then.

Original Poster Banned

vibeone

Did that cheer you up?

It sure did.

Maybe you should try Tesco sometime it might make your life a whole lot better x x

vibeone

Did that cheer you up?

Why can't you leave her alone? It's getting boring now.

Original Poster Banned

Inactive

You don't get owt for nowt. :)You will have paid for your " free " day … You don't get owt for nowt. :)You will have paid for your " free " day out, it is all included in Tesco pricing structure.

When we go to Tesco we buy only what we need and always look for the offers.

I don't see how we have paid extra.

Banned

DLM

You depress me because I feel sorry for you.I wish your life was more … You depress me because I feel sorry for you.I wish your life was more fulfilling

Take more pills then That'll sort it.

deek: never gonna happen. Not unless... well... you know. I'd lol! (srs)

vibeone

Take more pills then That'll sort it.deek: never gonna happen. Not … Take more pills then That'll sort it.deek: never gonna happen. Not unless... well... you know. I'd lol! (srs)

You wouldn't. I know deep down that you're not a bad lad.

DLM

When we go to Tesco we buy only what we need and always look for the … When we go to Tesco we buy only what we need and always look for the offers.I don't see how we have paid extra.

How much profit did Tesco make last year?, they give nothing away.

Trust me, you pay for the so called Freebies.

Banned

http://blogs.kansascity.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/02/02/mentalist.jpg

Banned

deek72

You wouldn't. I know deep down that you're not a bad lad.

You don't know me very well. I'd be dancing in the streets.

BTW, anyone seen Brighthouse lately? Only having DLM to ridicule is getting boring.

Original Poster Banned

vibeone

You don't know me very well. I'd be dancing in the streets.BTW, anyone … You don't know me very well. I'd be dancing in the streets.BTW, anyone seen Brighthouse lately? Only having DLM to ridicule is getting boring.

Maybe it's time you moved on to a male or are you frightened of the repercussions

VB1, choose a guy as your next target, the arguments would be more interesting i think.

A guy following round a female who may already be on antidepressants is not very macho, is it?

Banned

Marina

VB1, choose a guy as your next target, the arguments would be more … VB1, choose a guy as your next target, the arguments would be more interesting i think. :DA guy following round a female who may already be on antidepressants is not very macho, is it?

No its not, but to be fair, I dispute whether its female anyway, and regardless - some of the things she's said in the past (to others) make it fair game anyway.

As for fights... did you miss guv, spritey, WTP, JTT, fanpages and the rest?

I'm not picky....

vibeone

No its not, but to be fair, I dispute whether its female anyway, and … No its not, but to be fair, I dispute whether its female anyway, and regardless - some of the things she's said in the past (to others) make it fair game anyway.As for fights... did you miss guv, spritey, WTP, JTT, fanpages and the rest?I'm not picky....

Can't see you having much success v guv to be honest.

Banned

deek72

Can't see you having much success v guv to be honest.

um... guv gave up and realised I was right. A while ago he hated me, now I can't stop him PM'ing nudes.

vibeone

um... guv gave up and realised I was right. A while ago he hated me, now … um... guv gave up and realised I was right. A while ago he hated me, now I can't stop him PM'ing nudes.

Go on then, let's have a look.....(not the nudes :D, guv giving up)

vibeone

No its not, but to be fair, I dispute whether its female anyway, and … No its not, but to be fair, I dispute whether its female anyway, and regardless - some of the things she's said in the past (to others) make it fair game anyway.As for fights... did you miss guv, spritey, WTP, JTT, fanpages and the rest?I'm not picky....

I've only seen you "fighting" with fanpages and another guy (username starting with w), have missed the rest. You do have a list there! X)

Try some new ones then (if you have to)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      2. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423414457

See more discussions