Expired

Is Banggood.com committing identity fraud?

Found 11th Sep 2017Edited by:"dazbot"
I got through to Banggood's Livechat service which is a feat in itself. The customer service agent was 'send you crazy' kinda useless.

Her (??) name was Cloris and I understand using an alias name is not uncommon and many companies Americanise their agents.

However when asking her who was in the picture she said 'I don't know, isn't my picture, just I like so I used it'.

I would be pretty annoyed if someone used my ugly mug as their profile picture.

Anyone else run into this problem or even think it is a problem?
2786801.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Looks like the standard template picture they use for all staff.

Just like to point out you are showing everyone your email address, full name & age by the way.
The same image is used on multiple websites so I would presume it is a stock photo.

Here's a larger image.

31949157-sUOIu.jpg
Edited by: "RossD89" 11th Sep 2017
"I would be pretty annoyed if someone used my ugly mug as their profile picture."

Then don't upload your photo to any social media or image hosting sites, doing so grants them permission to do what they like with your 'ugly mug', they can only use what you put on the internet.
Catfish
RossD896 h, 48 m ago

The same image is used on multiple websites so I would presume it is a …The same image is used on multiple websites so I would presume it is a stock photo.Here's a larger image.[Image]

Yeah found 22,600,000 results with google image search, dare say stock photo.

Google Image Search
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 11th Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants