Is Barclays Bank going to provide new Antivirus for free?

Found 7th Feb
Hi guys I have been using Barclays Free Kaspersky Internet security software for years but unfortunately they have stopped it.

Do you guys think bank will provide another free antivirus for free? I can't get any information online
Community Updates
26 Comments
Windows defender is free. Why would you not run Microsoft antivirus on a Microsoft pc
I work in IT and i use sophos at home to monitor all my 4 machines Widows 7, 10, server and mac.

Sophos it also free (at the moment for up to 10 machines) and if you ave multiple machine you can monitor them all from one location,

Sophos can be used on windows, mac and Linux machines
Edited by: "djmackie2000" 7th Feb
Kaspersky is free.
djmackie200042 m ago

I work in IT and i use sophos at home to monitor all my 4 machines Widows …I work in IT and i use sophos at home to monitor all my 4 machines Widows 7, 10, server and mac. Sophos it also free (at the moment for up to 10 machines) and if you ave multiple machine you can monitor them all from one location,Sophos can be used on windows, mac and Linux machines

that sounds like a security risk in itself.
Original Poster
wayners51 m ago

Windows defender is free. Why would you not run Microsoft antivirus on a …Windows defender is free. Why would you not run Microsoft antivirus on a Microsoft pc

yes its free but its not that strong.
Original Poster
djmackie200044 m ago

I work in IT and i use sophos at home to monitor all my 4 machines Widows …I work in IT and i use sophos at home to monitor all my 4 machines Widows 7, 10, server and mac. Sophos it also free (at the moment for up to 10 machines) and if you ave multiple machine you can monitor them all from one location,Sophos can be used on windows, mac and Linux machines

I will have a look on it. Thank you. As my concern the best alternative to kaspersky is bitdefender
adamspencer9512 m ago

that sounds like a security risk in itself.

Guessing you dont know what your are talking about and/or not even looked up sophos.
Kaspersky released a free version of their anti-virus last year which you can download below:

kaspersky.co.uk/fre…rus

You can also pick up cheap licenses for their stuff on ebay which is what I usually do but might switch to the free AV once my license expires
avoid windows defender pos
djmackie200026 m ago

Guessing you dont know what your are talking about and/or not even looked …Guessing you dont know what your are talking about and/or not even looked up sophos.

"..you can monitor them all from one location.."

regardless of the software, that's a potential security risk in itself
Edited by: "adamspencer95" 7th Feb
anuruddha38 m ago

yes its free but its not that strong.

I don't use any antivirus myself and just run the security updates. I'm only following what I hear on tech podcast. I've been hearing for several years not to use kaspersky but only now as it become more public. So much marketing and to big of industry to let it go quietly. Still.. Everyone must make their own mind up and do what they feel is right..
adamspencer9529 m ago

"..you can monitor them all from one location.."regardless of the …"..you can monitor them all from one location.."regardless of the software, that's a potential security risk in itself

Guessing your have not looked it up have you......
you ever wonder how big companies monitor there 100s of machine on a network to see what machine may have issues? or so you think they trust the users to flag up there machine if they have an issue or virus.

OK sophos is not the best anti virus (think Bullguard is one of the top for home users, but costs you) out there but if you want a free one (sophos normal cost you but it is free (been free for home users for around a year that i can recall)) then sophos or AVG is the way 2 go
Edited by: "djmackie2000" 7th Feb
djmackie20002 h, 26 m ago

Guessing your have not looked it up have you...... you ever wonder how big …Guessing your have not looked it up have you...... you ever wonder how big companies monitor there 100s of machine on a network to see what machine may have issues? or so you think they trust the users to flag up there machine if they have an issue or virus.OK sophos is not the best anti virus (think Bullguard is one of the top for home users, but costs you) out there but if you want a free one (sophos normal cost you but it is free (been free for home users for around a year that i can recall)) then sophos or AVG is the way 2 go

i understand the technology.

i am saying any software package (regardless of type) that allows access to a number of networked computers at the same time is a very big potential security risk.

paired with the fact you say its not the best security software available, doesnt fill me with confidence
thenormalone4 h, 45 m ago

Kaspersky released a free version of their anti-virus last year which you …Kaspersky released a free version of their anti-virus last year which you can download below:https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/free-antivirusYou can also pick up cheap licenses for their stuff on ebay which is what I usually do but might switch to the free AV once my license expires

if i was you I would look at the news and then see if you still want to use it, really not worth it and one reason Barclays did the decent thing.

Op try Avira its one of the top AVs and free, been using it for years and its excellent.
djmackie20004 h, 10 m ago

Guessing your have not looked it up have you...... you ever wonder how big …Guessing your have not looked it up have you...... you ever wonder how big companies monitor there 100s of machine on a network to see what machine may have issues? or so you think they trust the users to flag up there machine if they have an issue or virus.OK sophos is not the best anti virus (think Bullguard is one of the top for home users, but costs you) out there but if you want a free one (sophos normal cost you but it is free (been free for home users for around a year that i can recall)) then sophos or AVG is the way 2 go

AVG sells your data, has not been one of the best AVs for a few years because of that.
eslick29 m ago

if i was you I would look at the news and then see if you still want to …if i was you I would look at the news and then see if you still want to use it, really not worth it and one reason Barclays did the decent thing.Op try Avira its one of the top AVs and free, been using it for years and its excellent.

I've read the scaremongering and if I were you, I would be more concerned about US spy agencies collab'ing with Microsoft and their backdoors in Windows more than Kaspersky
thenormalone23 m ago

I've read the scaremongering and if I were you, I would be more concerned …I've read the scaremongering and if I were you, I would be more concerned about US spy agencies collab'ing with Microsoft and their backdoors in Windows more than Kaspersky

Yep and that’s something that if it concerns you then it’s the same as Kaspersky but from my side we have a choice which AV to use many don’t have a choice between windows and yes there are other options out there but most wont use them. But if I had a choice which I do, I would prefer Russian hackers whether it’s true or not not to have access when there are plenty of alternatives.
eslick1 h, 4 m ago

Yep and that’s something that if it concerns you then it’s the same as Kas …Yep and that’s something that if it concerns you then it’s the same as Kaspersky but from my side we have a choice which AV to use many don’t have a choice between windows and yes there are other options out there but most wont use them. But if I had a choice which I do, I would prefer Russian hackers whether it’s true or not not to have access when there are plenty of alternatives.

The CIA contractor whose PC had Kaspersky installed on had questionable files which Kaspersky's heuristics picked up on and sent back to Kaspersky for analysis. They did not actively target a specific computer or person, the whole process was automated. Please educate yourself rather than believing all the scaremongering and tripe about Kaspersky in the media
Edited by: "thenormalone" 7th Feb
thenormalone22 m ago

The CIA contractor whose PC had Kaspersky installed on had questionable …The CIA contractor whose PC had Kaspersky installed on had questionable files which Kaspersky's heuristics picked up on and sent back to Kaspersky for analysis. They did not actively target a specific computer or person, the whole process was automated. Please educate yourself rather than believing all the scaremongering and tripe about Kaspersky in the media

Ok I will ignore all other outlet’s and use your opinions from now on. We can all educate ourselves yours is not the only opinion that is valid you know.
eslick28 m ago

Ok I will ignore all other outlet’s and use your opinions from now on. We c …Ok I will ignore all other outlet’s and use your opinions from now on. We can all educate ourselves yours is not the only opinion that is valid you know.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but it takes a high form of intelligence to use it to its full potential
thenormalone18 m ago

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but it takes a high form of intelligence …Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but it takes a high form of intelligence to use it to its full potential

So true but sadly I was not being sarcastic. we can all use the term scaremongering or call for education or try to have a go at someone on a forum where we seat behind a keyboard not knowing what the background of the person is. but we don’t have to force our own views on someone just because we think the person is wrong, we are free to do what we want. We may not agree but don’t bring education or intelligence into it because at the end of the day opinion is free no matter what your educational background may be. Have a good night my friend.
Edited by: "eslick" 7th Feb
Just use Windows Defender applied with some common sense and you won’t have any issues.
adamspencer9515 h, 57 m ago

i understand the technology.i am saying any software package (regardless …i understand the technology.i am saying any software package (regardless of type) that allows access to a number of networked computers at the same time is a very big potential security risk.paired with the fact you say its not the best security software available, doesnt fill me with confidence

One i did not say "not the best security software available" what i said was "OK sophos is not the best anti virus"
yes there is some better anti virus out there but cost you ££ for home users. but the user is asking for Free anti virus.
also sins Sophos was built for Business users and they have now allowed home users for it for free it still beats some of the paid anti virus programs out there.

also if you seen how the console works where u can view all the machine, you will see if they did even get access to this. there is not allot they can do or lean about the machine and no way to open, steel files,

just look at Kaspersky it was one of the top but now sins anyone jumped on it. it ha slipped down the list.
thenormalone12 h, 40 m ago

The CIA contractor whose PC had Kaspersky installed on had questionable …The CIA contractor whose PC had Kaspersky installed on had questionable files which Kaspersky's heuristics picked up on and sent back to Kaspersky for analysis. They did not actively target a specific computer or person, the whole process was automated. Please educate yourself rather than believing all the scaremongering and tripe about Kaspersky in the media

this is true most anti virus software is around 6 months out of date for small viruses. meaning a new virus can take 6 months before before the software can even pick it up.

that cos the company need to check out the virus, see how to remove it. will it affect anything if removed and so on before they can add it to there software.
to fix 99 problem download and install Linux OS or buy a mac very little virus out there for them. (i am not saying they are virus free but dam close to it)

MY macbook is what 5-6 years old not one issue found on it and runs just as fast as it did when new.
My windows laptop(win 7) is 5-6 years old also, it had has virus, pop up and allot of issues, even after a reformat and windows updates. this machine is so slow it cannot stream 4k videos, even updated the HDD to SSD and still cannot do it. (ok the macbook was around £400 more). if i install a Linux on to the windows machine and it works fine.

I should say this was from my GF that used the macbook and windows laptop.

Edit: sorry the macbook was affected by ‘Meltdown' and 'Spectre' (one was patched before it was in he papers and other was a 4 days later) but this affects everything that used microprocessors from Intel, AMD and AMR, so affected everything(phone, TV's, computers and so on) from the last 10 years or so.
Edited by: "djmackie2000" 8th Feb
see this on here. may not be free but for only £4
Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 1PC - 1 Year - 1 Device - Anti virus for £3.99 @ digits.mart eBay
hotukdeals.com/dea…652
Edited by: "djmackie2000" 8th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions