Posted 23 October 2020

Is buying from amazon Germany cheaper?

I have started to see a lot of deals from amazon Germany with items in euro. I have a 0% foreign fee card so does this make it cheaper to buy stuff on Amazon Germany? Does Uk Prime account and address for on amazon Germany?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Priceonline.eu checks prices across Amazon's sites in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK. (It also checks prices in the USA, but there you may need to pay customs as already mentioned by eslick, plus consumer rights vary.)

The best deals tend to be on high-end electricals. Prices also jump up and down, so always double-check. And you may also need to pay VAT and customs after we leave the EU. (edited)
    Just sign into their site with your UK ID. It shows postage fee before confirming the order. Don’t bother with their Prime trial as they still charge postage to UK, or they did for me.
    Well it varies item to item

Edit; but yes when item can be found cheapest on there a fee free card would be a good thing to have lying around (edited)
    A UK Prime membership only gives you the benefits for the Amazon UK site, it doesn't have anything to do with the various international Amazon sites in terms of affecting the prices. You can use a UK account to log on and buy things from the France, Italy, and Germany sites for example but you don't get any of the Prime benefits. (edited)
    Haircut_10023/10/2020 17:37

A UK Prime membership is only valid for the Amazon UK site, it doesn't …A UK Prime membership is only valid for the Amazon UK site, it doesn't have anything to do with the various international Amazon sites. You can use a UK account to log on and buy things from the France, Italy, and Germany sites for example but you don't get any of the Prime benefits.

You can sign up to prime in other countries even with a UK address. You can then get free delivery to the UK as well.

Op you can even buy from the US site though delivery isn’t free and you will get custom fees if you go over the limit. Currently EU site doesn’t get frees. (edited)
's avatar