Is CEX reliable?

Found 21st Dec 2011
Sending FIFA 12 on PS3 to CEX because they offer £24. Are they reliable at giving money? Its brand new and unopened. so I know there's nothing wrong with it.

1. Misc
  2. FIFA
  3. PS3
13 Comments

Should be ok, They will open the cellophane though.

Why not sell here? I'd give that if its unopened with code?

I wouldn't touch cex online with a bargepole personally but others on here have been fine.

cdm22

I wouldn't touch cex online with a bargepole personally but others on … I wouldn't touch cex online with a bargepole personally but others on here have been fine.

+1 - Give me a right mucking around when trying to sell them some computing hardware and software.

In response to your question "Are they reliable at giving money?" the answer is no. Whilst many have no trouble with them, a hell of a lot do so I would not rate their reliability very well at all. Take it into store or get Gamestation to price match them. Then there's no hassle in posting things and you'll get your money right away - rather than 3 or 4 weeks down the line.

A few reviews here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/reviews/uk.webuy.com
and looking at their Facebook page will give you a good idea of how many people they mess around too.
Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 21st Dec 2011

cant you call instore ?

i had no problem trading in a couple games last week

Wouldn't touch them again, had 2/3 very bad experiences!
Edited by: "mrman007" 21st Dec 2011

Havince

cant you call instore ?

My local shop has always 'run out of cash'.

I've had no issues with CEX, other than having to wait about 2 weeks for my cash

Sned recorded to cover yourself, and remember if you choose paypal as payment method you get charged a paypal fee (so choose BT)

Saying that, couldn't you get £25 on here all day long for a sealed copy, instant payment and reliable people (in the main)

I've sold loads to them in large amounts to i've had no issue and always paid promptly. Although i send it via courier and then I log in to view status of it takes usually over a week to get payment via BT.

CEX online was bad for me last year...

go in store its better

Gamestation have offered + £1 more on a price match before.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants