Is Dyson refurb good?

Posted 10th Nov
Have a V6 since 4-5 years ago, quite happy with it but recently it has been on and off while using. I’m thinking of replacing it but don’t want to spend 300+. Does anyone has their official refurbished vacuum cleaners? It would be great if you can share some experience here. Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
I've had two refurbs from Dyson Outlet, they were brand new.
I bought a refurbished v8 Animal from their eBay outlet 2 years ago. Have had no issues. Came with 12 months of warranty.
As above, only downside is the 1 year warranty as opposed to 2 years if purchased brand new (ie not from outlet)
Have you tried replacing, not cleaning, the filter?

My Dyson kept on cutting in and out and even when I washed it nothing changed. A replacement filter got the thing working properly again.

38947820-fKutA.jpg
Edited by: "OllieSt" 10th Nov
Had a v6, now have a v8, both refurbs from their ebay store.
arrived new, no problems.
Probs just needs a new battery
Yep... Dyson Ebay outlet seems good. Mine as far as I can tell is perfect / as new, except a scratch on the suction tube.... no big deal..... paid about £80 less than the going rate of the model brand new.
I've said it before if it works ie the motor runs the only things that IMO go wrong are clean or replace filters, replace battery, and give all its orifices a got blast with compressed air.
hubcms10/11/2019 16:12

I've said it before if it works ie the motor runs the only things that IMO …I've said it before if it works ie the motor runs the only things that IMO go wrong are clean or replace filters, replace battery, and give all its orifices a got blast with compressed air.

I remember when my old one set of fire and sent black smoke through the thing and just died. I cleaned it all up and stuck a new £20 motor in that I got on Amazon and it worked better than before. Got another 3 years out of it and it's currently in the loft as a spare. Amazing how little there is to go wrong with them, and they are all fairly simple fixes.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants