Is Eastenders doing a take on the Marchioness disaster right?

Posted 18th Feb
I have been forced to watch Eastenders this week.
i cannot help but think that in reality it isn't a subject for a soap opera.
There must be so many people out there that have lost family & friends that do not deserve it shown on tv.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments

You do have control of your own eyelids <---- See (no pun intended).
8 Comments
isnt every shock storyline from a soap based on something or other tho? eg emmerdale v lockerbie is worse than this

who is for the chop tho - bex?

You do have control of your own eyelids <---- See (no pun intended).
The Marchioness tragedy happened 30 years ago so a fair bit of time has passed since then, it’s not as if they are doing a storyline based on Greenfell which is still very much a current event. I’d think that people who were personally affected by the Marchioness will decide if it’s perhaps something that they’d rather not watch or read about if they feel it isn’t appropriate or would be distressing.
You said, "There must be so many people out there that have lost family & friends that do not deserve it shown on tv."

Your good intention may have unintended negative consequences,

1. how many people out there that have lost family and friends and, do they not want to see how they died on TV, is it near 100% or near 1%?! If it is nearer to 100%, which I think so, do you see how insensitive your intention is to them?

2. is your moral value, for those who lost family & friends, some causes of death are more deserving on TV than others?
Edited by: "splender" 19th Feb
Its just a soap... and a story line. No different to any other soaps. And Eastenders are celebrating 35 years today!
Haircut_10019/02/2020 07:33

The Marchioness tragedy happened 30 years ago so a fair bit of time has …The Marchioness tragedy happened 30 years ago so a fair bit of time has passed since then, it’s not as if they are doing a storyline based on Greenfell which is still very much a current event. I’d think that people who were personally affected by the Marchioness will decide if it’s perhaps something that they’d rather not watch or read about if they feel it isn’t appropriate or would be distressing.

"Grenfell" inspired drama, already written, screened in 2019 on TV , it was called "The Accident" , a four-part drama stars Sarah Lancashire.
People need to quit getting so triggered.
Phil and Grant coming back tonight. Can't wait
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants