is ebay now full of scum bags?????

this is the 3rd item in about 2 months i have not recieved and the seller has done a runner!!!!

ok so the last 2 items where like fiver each.
b4 that it was xbox 360 game at £17
so not biggie's but what is the site turning into!!!
plus when you report them to paypal they do nothing besides ban em!

they should be allowed to take the funds out of there bank account!!!!

what are your thoughts!!!

70 Comments

ANDYWOODY01

this is the 3rd item in about 2 months i have not recieved and the seller … this is the 3rd item in about 2 months i have not recieved and the seller has done a runner!!!!ok so the last 2 items where like fiver each.b4 that it was xbox 360 game at £17so not biggie's but what is the site turning into!!!plus when you report them to paypal they do nothing besides ban em!they should be allowed to take the funds out of there bank account!!!!what are your thoughts!!!

Paypal & eBay now have £150 protection for all purchases, and i'm a powerseller and haven't ripped anyone off to date so we're not all bad. :thumbsup:

Banned

:x sorry to hear , but fleebay aint what it used to be and too many scammers now :x

Original Poster

but the protection is only over something like £15

and paypal can only get it back if the seller has the funds in there paypal account

Used to love eBay but it is full of fake shite now!

On the plus point, I have been shown the light by HUKD and found much better deals!

I agree, ebay ain't what it used to be but if you ONLY buy from sellers with this logo:- http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/paypal/logo_paypalPPBuyerProtection_28x16.gif you will either receive the item, or ALL of your money back.
Have a look at this sticky:-
]http//ww…323

We used to use ebay, but it got too risky so we stopped.

when buying from these people do you check that they have good feedback, and also have a look at what their feedback is for, some scammers sell over 200 ebooks for 1p each getting their rating above 200 and then scam a high priced item and leg it with your money.

Does anybody else get the occassional email, which looks identical to an ebay question but with a pic here or there missing... and what they do is something along the lines of I'm realy interested in the product you are selling please get back to me as soon as possible

quite clever scamming but obviously people that are phishing (i right click the sign in button copy shortcut n paste in my address bar, to find out if its authentic)

The main scumbags are ebay themselfs imo.

TheDoc

The main scumbags are ebay themselfs imo.

Why?

dinosteveus

Why?

Because they don't do anything much to clamp down on scams, You've said yourself its down to members to report a dodgy listing!

I've had major problems with them, and paypal, as have lots of people...

Suspending account's for no reason, lack of seller and buyer protection, I could go on all day

Iom-RF

Because they don't do anything much to clamp down on scams, You've said … Because they don't do anything much to clamp down on scams, You've said yourself its down to members to report a dodgy listing!

Ebay could be 'sorted' if everybody that uses it, reported all the scams they see to ebay. A lot of people I know take the attitude of 'it's not my problem, why should I report it?' I report at least 10 scammers a day, every day depending on how busy I am.
I do think ebay should do more, but then the buyers can look out for themselves better.

dinosteveus

Ebay could be 'sorted' if everybody that uses it, reported all the scams … Ebay could be 'sorted' if everybody that uses it, reported all the scams they see to ebay. A lot of people I know take the attitude of 'it's not my problem, why should I report it?' I report at least 10 scammers a day, every day depending on how busy I am.I do think ebay should do more, but then the buyers can look out for themselves better.

Agree with you there. :thumbsup:

I think a lot of the problems people have with eBay are due to people using dodgy links or not paying close enough attention to their rules.

dinosteveus

Ebay could be 'sorted' if everybody that uses it, reported all the scams … Ebay could be 'sorted' if everybody that uses it, reported all the scams they see to ebay. A lot of people I know take the attitude of 'it's not my problem, why should I report it?' I report at least 10 scammers a day, every day depending on how busy I am.I do think ebay should do more, but then the buyers can look out for themselves better.

I think a lot of people are put off reporting due to seeing it as pointless as the same 'sellers'/'traders' seem to re-open with new ID's 5 minutes later.
While these characters are paying listings & FVF's Ebay don't appear to give a toss.

As with any transaction, online or otherwise you're right that the majority of people that get turned over saw something that was too good to be true & didn't research the seller properly.

There are still some good deals & traders to be found if you just do your homework.

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO

I think a lot of people are put off reporting due to seeing it as … I think a lot of people are put off reporting due to seeing it as pointless as the same 'sellers'/'traders' seem to re-open with new ID's 5 minutes later.While these characters are paying listings & FVF's Ebay don't appear to give a toss.As with any transaction, online or otherwise you're right that the majority of people that get turned over saw something that was too good to be true & didn't research the seller properly.There are still some good deals & traders to be found if you just do your homework.

You are right on all counts.:-(

Banned

I have had only one small problem that was sorted out quickly (and was due to a kid selling on his mums account). Other than that, as long as you check feedback well and have an ounce of sense, you shouldn't have a problem.

Reading descriptions well also helps.

I agree with Charlie. If it's seems to good to be true, then it nearly always is.

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO

I think a lot of people are put off reporting due to seeing it as … I think a lot of people are put off reporting due to seeing it as pointless as the same 'sellers'/'traders' seem to re-open with new ID's 5 minutes later..[/U]

yes it is very easy to open a account with ebay. i tryed to find out how fast someone can make a account and i managed to make one in 5 mins. the process is so easy.

i dont go on ebay that much either now, i found the seller fees were getting ridiculous just for adding like BOLD etc

you get charged for advertising your item and getting things shoved at you for advertising it better....
then they have the cheak to charge you just because you sold your item, even if you dont sell your item you still have to pay fees..

its blooming out of order Ebay, no one should use them

Ebay is crap and so is paypal ....... they sould close it down and paypal full of scammrer's . ebay makes a killin out of you guy that use it .

pavilion

Ebay is crap and so is paypal ....... they sould close it down and paypal … Ebay is crap and so is paypal ....... they sould close it down and paypal full of scammrer's . ebay makes a killin out of you guy that use it .

Dont we know it!

ALICOM007

yes it is very easy to open a account with ebay. i tryed to find out how … yes it is very easy to open a account with ebay. i tryed to find out how fast someone can make a account and i managed to make one in 5 mins. the process is so easy.

So now we know it was you I was talking about...BUSTED!!!

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO

So now we know it was you I was talking about...BUSTED!!!

You really must waste a lot of ink typing like that all the time :-D

stora

it's the BANDWIDTH that worries admin.....a 1000 C32s and the site would grind to a halt....but wouldn't it be hilarious when it was up and running....BOLD it all you like ....makes more bloody sense!!

I love ebay, i only buy from people with a lot of good feedback but ive bought loads of things, ive only bought 2 dodgy items 2 fake disney dvds both of which i reported to ebay and F.A.C.T. and they were taken off. I bought a dell laptop yesterday for half the dell price and it arrived today and its wonderful. I dont have much luck selling things though, i put loads on last week and sold about half all for the minimum price id put, so i'll be lucky to make even with all the fees and paypals fees as well, but at least the stuffs out the way. Ive got a lot of bargains off ebid as well, mainly books for 99p, but they work out cheaper than amazon as they combine postage.

stora

:giggle: :giggle: That has to be THE statement of the year, :giggle: :giggle: reminds me of a useless boss we had years ago and we had just got the internet into all the branch offices and had to go to HO for instructions on how to use it. The chairman asked us send all our American emails after 2pm as the line rate to the States was cheaper then, he had no idea how emails worked, that's why the company went t!ts I guess...

eBay are a joke, no protection as a buyer or seller.
I dont use it anymore!

07sanchez

eBay are a joke, no protection as a buyer or seller.I dont use it anymore!

What are you on about.:? :? :? :? :x

ebay is fine if you read the seller page carefully, check rep etc... Too much work for me most of the time for a quid or two saved but I use it occasionaly.

07sanchez

eBay are a joke, no protection as a buyer or seller.I dont use it anymore!

http://thefamilybiz.org/ezboard/emoticons/bang.gif

Yeah Ebay are bad, my flatmate just spend £35 on an amp and speakers, and £20 postage to find out it cost the seller £6,and a binbag and old box,and couriers even came to his door.

The Amp is broken and seller offers refund minus postage cost PLUS says my flatmate has to send back and pay return postage.

ryouga

Yeah Ebay are bad, my flatmate just spend £35 on an amp and speakers, and … Yeah Ebay are bad, my flatmate just spend £35 on an amp and speakers, and £20 postage to find out it cost the seller £6,and a binbag and old box,and couriers even came to his door.The Amp is broken and seller offers refund minus postage cost PLUS says my flatmate has to send back and pay return postage.

Buyer protection??
If your 'friend' thought the P&P was excessive then he should not have bid on it.
You should ask relevant questions before you are 'committed' to the item.
Flippin eck.:-(

]eBay holiday con woman faces jail

A mother who scammed nearly £42,000 from would-be holidaymakers through the internet auction site eBay has been told she could be sent to jail.

Julie Flood, 45, from Sussex Road, Maidstone, Kent, sold 19 people fake holidays packages, between November 2004 and March 2005, a court heard.

One man was left more than £9,000 out of pocket through the scam, Maidstone Crown Court was told.

Flood, who admitted 27 counts of theft, will be sentenced on 1 August.

Prosecutor Philip St John-Stevens said: "She was running a site on eBay selling holidays... these holidays were never to materialise."

Judge Philip Statman said: "These offences are extremely serious in my judgment and clearly pass the threshold for imprisonment and you are facing a prison sentence.

"A substantial amount of money was taken."

Flood was warned to make childcare arrangements for her 12-year-old daughter ahead of her sentencing.

stora

]eBay holiday con woman faces jailA mother who scammed nearly £42,000 … ]eBay holiday con woman faces jailA mother who scammed nearly £42,000 from would-be holidaymakers through the internet auction site eBay has been told she could be sent to jail.Julie Flood, 45, from Sussex Road, Maidstone, Kent, sold 19 people fake holidays packages, between November 2004 and March 2005, a court heard.One man was left more than £9,000 out of pocket through the scam, Maidstone Crown Court was told.Flood, who admitted 27 counts of theft, will be sentenced on 1 August.Prosecutor Philip St John-Stevens said: "She was running a site on eBay selling holidays... these holidays were never to materialise."Judge Philip Statman said: "These offences are extremely serious in my judgment and clearly pass the threshold for imprisonment and you are facing a prison sentence."A substantial amount of money was taken."Flood was warned to make childcare arrangements for her 12-year-old daughter ahead of her sentencing.

I bet they let her out in a couple of years because of overcrowding.
I wonder what the Credit Card Companies did about it?

I use Ebay quite a bit, as a buyer I havn't had my fingers burnt yet in the 4 years I have been using it, but as a seller I have had a non paying bidder before which is annoying, I waited till the 90th day and negged him though!

Money Spinning

I use Ebay quite a bit, as a buyer I havn't had my fingers burnt yet in … I use Ebay quite a bit, as a buyer I havn't had my fingers burnt yet in the 4 years I have been using it, but as a seller I have had a non paying bidder before which is annoying, I waited till the 90th day and negged him though!

I neg the NPB straight away as this will stop others being messed about too.

I've never had a retaliation neg and I'm still 100% positive feedback after 6 years on eBay.

A neg from a NPB will be removed by ebay.
*I hope nobody wants the link, it's on my other Computer*

dinosteveus

A neg from a NPB will be removed by ebay.*I hope nobody wants the link, … A neg from a NPB will be removed by ebay.*I hope nobody wants the link, it's on my other Computer*

Don't need it but I know someone who might.

Please PM me the link when your on your other PC.

I knew somebody would ask for it :giggle:

]http//pa…tml

Some Examples
Feedback Abuse
[LIST]
[*]A member includes another member’s name or phone number in a Feedback comment. eBay will remove the Feedback upon request of the seller.
[*]A seller blocks a buyer from bidding on his items using the eBay blocked bidder feature. The buyer creates another User ID to get around the block, wins the item and then leaves negative Feedback. eBay will remove the Feedback upon request of the seller.[/LIST]Rating withdrawal by eBay
[LIST]
[*][COLOR=red]A buyer does not pay for an item. The seller files an Unpaid Item dispute. The buyer never responds to the Unpaid Item process and leaves the seller a negative Feedback. The seller closes the Unpaid Item case, issuing the buyer a strike for non-payment. Because the buyer chose not to participate in the Unpaid Item process, eBay removes the negative rating associated with the Feedback the buyer left the seller[/COLOR]..[/LIST]

I listed a phone last week, trying to take advantage of the 10p listing.

The auction ended yesterday, and to my delight at £80, which was short lived.

I had 3 different bidders on it, one 0 feedback buyer who registered on the day - no doubt just to spoil/bid on my auction and the other another 0 feedback buyer who is also newly registered and had one negative and one positive.

But neither of them won the auction - the winner was somone from USA (my auction was UK only), but it was bidded froma hacked account. After the auction finished ebay removed the listing and sent me their blah blah message.

It is impossible to list an item like a phone - there are so many fake bidders. The only way to list is to have the option to receive immediate payment with buy it now auctions through paypal. And even then you get muppets that will be but dont even have a confirmed address.

I must admit I don't bother selling on Ebay anymore, I find it takes far too much effort for a little return and with the added problems of Non Paying Bidders, I am not a fan of Paypal when it comes to selling either as I believe they can take funds from you without your authorisation if for some reason the person that bought from you claims they didn't receive it and Paypal decide to take their word for it, I don't like leaving things in their control.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523388
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846049
    3. What an absolute disgrace1942
    4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917247

See more discussions