Groups

Is eBay's countdown timers working or is it just my machine?

Thanks in advance.

10 Comments

Banned

Fine for me. I have to refresh the page in google chrome if thats what you mean ?

Original Poster

ryman1000;8222436

Fine for me. I have to refresh the page in google chrome if thats what … Fine for me. I have to refresh the page in google chrome if thats what you mean ?

No - on my IE when it gets less than an hour the timer counts down without refreshing, you can see the time ticking down...

Working in Firefox, but not in Safari for me.

Original Poster

Bizzare, some working some not, it was working for me but not anymore..

Original Poster

rose_cat_jr;8222451

Working in Firefox, but not in Safari for me.

Not working in Firefox, Chrome or IE for me anymore.. :x

Original Poster

Hmm, auto countdown is working again..... in all browsers

They work ok for me too - in other people's items for sale. If its my items then the countdown doesn't work for some reason.

I just used eBay and the counter worked perfectly. I won the item as well, woo!

Original Poster

sickly sweet;8224120

I just used eBay and the counter worked perfectly. I won the item as … I just used eBay and the counter worked perfectly. I won the item as well, woo!

Congrats - what was it? Stuffed Antelope?

Well i would love to know why Ebay support DO not see the issues as being an issue of the clock NOT ticking as it sometimes does ...its VERY infrequent a fault .. and the Java site tests and verifies the issues is not the software there to blame ..
    LOOK at this below
    ITS ALL BOLL*CKS

Hello,

Thank you for contacting eBay with regard to clock not working on real time. I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you due to disconnection of chat, it may be due to temporary technical glitch.

I'm sorry to hear that you have problem while bidding for the item. I've checked your account and able to see the item was already ended. I've replicated it for other items and it was working, it seems that there is some issue on your end. I suggest you to clear cache and cookies of your browser and try again and if it doesn't work I'll suggest you to try accessing eBay in another browser.

To clear the cache and cookies of your Google Chrome browser, kindly follow these steps:

1. Open a new browser window then, select the tools menu. (the spanner in the upper-right corner).
    2. Select Clear Browsing data....
    3. Select the Empty the cache checkbox.
    4. If you do not wish to delete cookies, etc., remove checks from them in the list.
    5. Select the period of time for which you wish to delete cached information using the Clear data from this period: dropdown menu. (If in doubt select Everything).
    6. Click the Clear Browsing Data button.
    7. Close the browser and open a new fresh browser.

I hope I've explained everything clearly. If you need any more information please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Harry Lowdon
    eBay Customer Support

SO all of you that notice this issue go see the ebay support and tell them clock not working on real time ...
    comments from other users ..
    Answered
    Options
    in reply to smileychops04
    on ‎11-07-2012 07:40 AM

You aren't trying to watch your own items, are you?
    You have to sign out to do that.

The countdown clock is not one of the best functioning features on eBay, never has been.
    i concur
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      4. love affairs912

See more discussions