Is ebuyer ex display trustworthy?

Posted 21st Mar 2015
I'm thinking of buying this: ebuyer.com/698…0pk which under £30 is well under the cheapest you can get it new at over £60.

My question is, can I trust it? Do you have experience with ebuyer and their exdisplay section?
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    people who havent had to deal with their CS for a return will say ebuyer are great. People who have had to return anything will normally say the opposite. Any company that seems to set goals for rejecting returns would be best avoided imho

ebuyer xmas photo oO

24689061-HkwZo

How can the sell as ex-display, they have no shops to display in...
    I had an Xmas present that arrived cracked/broken (not easily spotted until you look closely at it), as did the two replacements. Now they all of a sudden have ex-display ones for sale (at a higher price).... strange coincidence.
    Have use ebuyer a few times and no issues whatsoever, seems a decent website. No experience of ex display, but I wouldn't imagine they would want to tarnish their rep selling tat.
    Bought my daughter an ex display motorised bike. All parts were in the box, nothing missing and it was like they only set a bit of it up anyway. I was really pleased as it saved me putting on the silly stickers. Highly recommended.
    (edited)
    I haven't bought from Ebuyer since I saw that office photo with a board in the background with a tally of rejected RMA's. That and they once gave me a hard time until I said I'd drop it at the main gate with security and their tune changed when they realised I was local. And posh!
    I brought ex-display motherboard and it was fine til it broke. Massive issues getting it returned. They wanted the plastic cpu cover before they would refund the money.

Since then have never used them even if they were cheapest. Just calculated up over £2,000 this year alone they may have had the opportunity to get, all lost. Ebuyer and pix mania are poor, poor, poor.
    pat915m

I haven't bought from Ebuyer since I saw that office photo with a board … I haven't bought from Ebuyer since I saw that office photo with a board in the background with a tally of rejected RMA's. That and they once gave me a hard time until I said I'd drop it at the main gate with security and their tune changed when they realised I was local. And posh!

They are the only company in all my years of online shopping I have boycotted.

I once was sold a memory card which had a picture and description of a higher spec one...naturally, the cheaper version appeared. I got a crapload of abuse on the Ebuyer forum (which I suspect was people affiliated with the company as I was nothing but polite in my messages) which put me off for life.

No matter what deals they have I always shop elsewhere.
    I use Ebuyer daily (multiple times a day) and have had to return numerous items within their 30 day policy and never had one single problem. You get through on the phone to them in just a few minutes every time and the RMA is processed within minutes. Refunds are usually within 48 hours of them receiving the item.

However, I have never returned anything outside of their 30 day period and I think this is where people are getting most problems.

Ebuyer have improved a lot over the last few years. I know a long time ago they had a really bad rep, but they have improved massively since then going by my own experience.
    NEtech

I use Ebuyer daily (multiple times a day) and have had to return numerous … I use Ebuyer daily (multiple times a day) and have had to return numerous items within their 30 day policy and never had one single problem. You get through on the phone to them in just a few minutes every time and the RMA is processed within minutes. Refunds are usually within 48 hours of them receiving the item.However, I have never returned anything outside of their 30 day period and I think this is where people are getting most problems.Ebuyer have improved a lot over the last few years. I know a long time ago they had a really bad rep, but they have improved massively since then going by my own experience.

I would say the opposite, it has gone downhill since 2006 imo.

I went through massive trouble getting them to refund a laptop I never received, even though they could confirm it had been lost. I had to specify each and every aspect of distance selling regs that applied to the situation and even though they had clearly violated them they were still refusing.

I have never decided to boycott someone before but never again will I use Ebuyer. They still have the 'same policy', even after pushing them to change it afterward. If they fail to get your item to you within 7 days and you haven't 'reported it formally' they will categorically refuse to refund you, even though legally you are in fact entitled to a refund.
    (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants