is eBuyer reliable and trustworthy?

Found 9th Dec 2015
I am planning on buying an LG G4 from ebuyer.com seeing as it's £300 and the price has unfortunately increased on Amazon. Does anyone know if the company is reliable? I haven't really heard of them before this. Also if it would be a UK model and so have the LG warranty? Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
they're a long, well established store, so you can totally trust the stuff you get from them.
it will be what it says on the tin, as it were.

problem is, they have the worst CS I've ever had the misfortune to experience.
truly awful.
so you'll be fine, so long as nothing goes wrong and you don't have to deal with CS.
niceguyrichy

they're a long, well established store, so you can totally trust the … they're a long, well established store, so you can totally trust the stuff you get from them. it will be what it says on the tin, as it were. problem is, they have the worst CS I've ever had the misfortune to experience. truly awful. so you'll be fine, so long as nothing goes wrong and you don't have to deal with CS.

Thank you very much for that.
Used ebuyer for many years, never had any issues with them but I've never needed to use their customer service. From the postings people make on here about deals from the company and the subsequent descent into chaos about the customer service experience many times its something to be aware of.

However, remember you can always circumvent that problem by dealing with the manufacturer directly which for a lot of IT stuff isn't a big issue.
Like most places, they are great until you have a problem.
should be fine. i bought a few stuff from them without any problem.
Bought loads from there, that and ccl online for me
Customer service is great, I use them almost daily and have had to deal with their customer service, although that is within the first 30 days, simple return for a full refund. No idea how good they are outside of the 30 days though.
thanks everyone!!
used ebuyer dot com many times. Not the cheapest so I get many things elsewhere.
Never had to use their customer support so cant comment
NEtech

Customer service is great, I use them almost daily and have had to deal … Customer service is great, I use them almost daily and have had to deal with their customer service, although that is within the first 30 days, simple return for a full refund. No idea how good they are outside of the 30 days though.

Thank you! Do you know if it is free to return ?
kthehe

Thank you! Do you know if it is free to return ?

Yup, if the item is faulty, you just choose a day you want the courier to collect and then print off the label and attach to package.
NEtech

Yup, if the item is faulty, you just choose a day you want the courier … Yup, if the item is faulty, you just choose a day you want the courier to collect and then print off the label and attach to package.

Great, thank you
NEtech

Yup, if the item is faulty, you just choose a day you want the courier … Yup, if the item is faulty, you just choose a day you want the courier to collect and then print off the label and attach to package.

Great, thank you
yes.
i have used them on numerous occasions.
Never had a problem and used them a few times now
They are fine - until you have a problem. I haven't shopped with them for a few years after I suspected their staff all piled in on me on their online forum (and I had a polite but legitimate complaint).

There was also the RMAs scandal a few years ago where staff members allegedly got bonuses for rejecting RMAs and had a league table on their noticeboard. Not sure what the current situation is.

theregister.co.uk/201…ed/
Edited by: "louiselouise" 9th Dec 2015
louiselouise

They are fine - until you have a problem. I haven't shopped with them for … They are fine - until you have a problem. I haven't shopped with them for a few years after I suspected their staff all piled in on me on their online forum (and I had a polite but legitimate complaint).There was also the RMAs scandal a few years ago where staff members allegedly got bonuses for rejecting RMAs and had a league table on their noticeboard. Not sure what the current situation is.http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/12/24/ebuyer_rates_staff_on_returns_rejected/

That was a long time ago, they have moved on since then and I am sure they learned their lesson....probably the hard way. Think they underestimated the power of Social Media.

But to OP, I would have no problem at all ordering the phone if I were in your position.
Depends whether you think two years is a long time or not - they are the only online retailer I refuse to shop with.
why yes, yes they are.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants