Groups

Is finishing all statements with the word SIMPLES the most annoying thing ever?

Just read through a few threads and it seems that this trend is becoming worse. Do people think it is clever? Or funny? What other forum trends have been as anooying as this before? Obviously LMAO is quite annoying and LOL is just silly. And the +1 habit is quite a bug bear too (although I am guilty of this) But stop with the SIMPLES.

32 Comments

Just ingore it, Simples.

Innit Brah ,,,,

i like doing it

simples :thumbsup:

i like it tb.x

transit;7094670

i like doing it simples :thumbsup:

+1:whistling:

^^^^ Innit i don't like AND +1 for some reason grates on me!

deb8z;7094690

^^^^ Innit i don't like AND +1 for some reason grates on me!

+1

Banned

HTH

is the 1 that does my head in ......

another spanner that needs placing in the tool box

casparwhite;7094709

HTHis the 1 that does my head in ...... another spanner that needs … HTHis the 1 that does my head in ...... another spanner that needs placing in the tool box

Was ages before i realised what it meant :oops:

OP - Sounds like you'll be better off without the internet. But before you disconnect........get on Play and buy a stress ball. :-D

Banned

deb8z;7094721

Was ages before i realised what it meant :oops:

i still dont kknow as there are several "versions"

which is what makes it a nonsense in my eyes

Syzable;7094745

OP - Sounds like you'll be better off without the internet. But before … OP - Sounds like you'll be better off without the internet. But before you disconnect........get on Play and buy a stress ball. :-D

THIS^^^^
    +1
    lol
    LMFAO
    innit, brah
    HTH

....simples

:oops:

:giggle:

whats LMAO??

doeshen;7094849

whats LMAO??

Laughing My Ass Off.

I once came across a French guy playing the original Call of Duty who actually said 'lol' and 'lmao'. Which was in itself hilarious, and more funny than those phrases will ever be.

doeshen;7094849

whats LMAO??

Lets mate animal orrifices.

LMAO :-D

Original Poster

Syzable;7094885

Lets mate animal orrifices.LMAO :-D

I like this one.

I think we might all be better off without the internet and spoke to real people instead. But internet speak has sneaked into real conversations. How many people now use LOL in a conversation. I am a grumpy old(ish) man and maintain my right to moan and chunter.

I don't have a stress ball to hand but find bubble wrap a cheaper alternative anyway.

Thanks for all the clever responses and addition of more silly tags, it's what makes misc, misc.

stewby;7095205

I like this one. I think we might all be better off without the internet … I like this one. I think we might all be better off without the internet and spoke to real people instead. But internet speak has sneaked into real conversations. How many people now use LOL in a conversation. I am a grumpy old(ish) man and maintain my right to moan and chunter.I don't have a stress ball to hand but find bubble wrap a cheaper alternative anyway.Thanks for all the clever responses, it's what makes misc, misc.

I have to admit i almost said it aloud in a conversation once. :oops:

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7094668

Innit Brah ,,,,

A lot of my tsudents speak like this and they are from Nuneaton for crying out loud, and aren't black and are not rappers.

Crazy Jamie;7094875

Laughing My Ass Off.I once came across a French guy playing the original … Laughing My Ass Off.I once came across a French guy playing the original Call of Duty who actually said 'lol' and 'lmao'. Which was in itself hilarious, and more funny than those phrases will ever be.

I don't say lol, but have been heard saying fuh fuh suh.

Banned

stewby;7095221

A lot of my tsudents speak like this and they are from Nuneaton for … A lot of my tsudents speak like this and they are from Nuneaton for crying out loud, and aren't black and are not rappers.

what rappers speak like this and what has color got to do with it? i thought this was just a london "ting" spreading like wildfire

I blame Dog the Bounty Hunter. :-D

Original Poster

casparwhite;7095258

what rappers speak like this and what has color got to do with it? i … what rappers speak like this and what has color got to do with it? i thought this was just a london "ting" spreading like wildfire

I always think of it as black rappers like Dizzee Rascal speaking like this. Think it started from the patois that West Indians spoke when they first came to the UK. White kids in South London started speaking like it too and now kids from the Midlands try and speak like it too; juts makes me laugh as they sound daft speaking like this one minute, then slipping into the brummy twang as well.

SIMPLES sums up the people that do that.

Doesn't annoy me, simples:thumbsup:

Banned

stewby;7095304

I always think of it as black rappers like Dizzee Rascal speaking like … I always think of it as black rappers like Dizzee Rascal speaking like this. Think it started from the patois that West Indians spoke when they first came to the UK. White kids in South London started speaking like it too and now kids from the Midlands try and speak like it too; juts makes me laugh as they sound daft speaking like this one minute, then slipping into the brummy twang as well.

i think its generally something they grow out of eventually..........just seems like an extension of puberty for the under privileged:)

Original Poster

casparwhite;7095491

i think its generally something they grow out of eventually..........just … i think its generally something they grow out of eventually..........just seems like an extension of puberty for the under privileged:)

Yeah, you don't see many 20 somethings talking like it. Some kids who aren't under priviliged talk like it thouigh. They are the funniest. Posh kids who try and talk street. Bit like when Damon Albarn tried to sound cockney in the 90s.

Banned

stewby;7095523

Yeah, you don't see many 20 somethings talking like it. Some kids who … Yeah, you don't see many 20 somethings talking like it. Some kids who aren't under priviliged talk like it thouigh. They are the funniest. Posh kids who try and talk street. Bit like when Damon Albarn tried to sound cockney in the 90s.

still see a few twenty somethings talking like it but it generally changes when they eventually get a job:) well if they do

also i think you added an extra "n" for no reason in saying damon albarn was trying to be/sound cockey:-D

Original Poster

casparwhite;7095643

also i think you added an extra "n" for no reason in saying damon albarn … also i think you added an extra "n" for no reason in saying damon albarn was trying to be/sound cockey:-D

And an extra -ey I think :thumbsup:

as is, as sais :whistling:

Original Poster

renown;7095724

as is, as sais :whistling:

Sorry, I am probably being thick, but what?

stewby;7095766

Sorry, I am probably being thick, but what?

:w00t:

Original Poster

renown;7096071

:w00t:

:cry:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1634
      2. Biscuit addiction2060
      3. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA810
      4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.69

See more discussions