Is gearbest a legit/safe site to use?

Found 16th Mar 2015
Ive seen a phone i`d like to buy selling on it. Just wanted to know if the sites legit?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
31 Comments

Yes, It's legit, Took just over a week for my order to come, No problems.

i hope so lol ordered last week.. google for a discount code. i got one for international womans day... 8% off full price items but that was last week...

also they take paypal so if it really goes wrong can claim back...

Original Poster

ive bought the elephone P6000

hope i dont get stung with import now X)

Did you get hit import tax?

Original Poster

mobo

Did you get hit import tax?

no mate. nothing

I'm getting seriously annoyed with them. Long time waiting for something to ship they previously said was in stock...

I'm also in that position.

Well the phone came, took 5 weeks, but a bargain price for what I got... communications however were dire

Eez1

no mate. nothing

what delivery company delivered your phone and how long did it take to dispatch and ship?

Fine until you get a fault and need a repair

Then your bargain becomes an uneconomical brick due to recorded return postage costs

dergal

Well the phone came, took 5 weeks, but a bargain price for what I got... … Well the phone came, took 5 weeks, but a bargain price for what I got... communications however were dire

What phone did you order?

I've been waiting 3 moths for a Elephone P7000 to arrive and I keep getting the same reply to may emails; "QA will check and send within 3-5 day.

I would cancel, but cannot find anywhere to get said phone.

The lenovo k3 note ... awesome phone for not much at all

So, after a long and frustrating journey with your company, I must conclude. The lack of response to this ticket ultimately implies that if I have a problem with your product I will receive no support and have to pay a lot of money to return the item to you.

I will find another supplier that I may have to pay more for the product, but the price will include good customer service, reasonable terms, good communication and responsibility.

I am leaving this ticket open for you to close, because this is better than me closing this with a zero rating, and it is the rating that is more important than service is to your company.

BillM1

So, after a long and frustrating journey with your company, I must … So, after a long and frustrating journey with your company, I must conclude. The lack of response to this ticket ultimately implies that if I have a problem with your product I will receive no support and have to pay a lot of money to return the item to you. I will find another supplier that I may have to pay more for the product, but the price will include good customer service, reasonable terms, good communication and responsibility.I am leaving this ticket open for you to close, because this is better than me closing this with a zero rating, and it is the rating that is more important than service is to your company.

You realise this site isn't Gearbest oO

I'd avoid Gearbest. Shame as the range and prices are great but my orders still processing from about a week ago. No communication

I ordered a balance board for xmas for my younger son on 27 Nov. Left 2 emails , tried the online chat and tried to track the order.. All to no response. I have had to open a dispute with paypal as this is my sons xmas present and obviously not going to get it for xmas.. If at all

Hi guys I have also made an order from gearbest about a week ago and still showing as processing. I had no luck getting through online chat and no responses to my emails. Were your cases resolves in the end? Did you receive products ?

Original Poster

this is an oooold thread now. but just to say i had no issues with my order other than the processing time took a little longer than usual because it was a pre-order

Only order using PayPal,
Some stuff is cheap and nasty
They sent the wrong watch once
It can take a long time to process

Agree Always use paypal. I ordered the Doogee pro and after many emails saying it was delayed opted to have my money back. This went into the Gearbest wallet and they seemed reluctant to refund back to source. So got paypal to refund. not sure how easy it would have been if I had paid with a debit card.

how do you get in contact with gearbest? whats best way? ordered a few things ages ago and still not come man.

Eez1

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Ive seen a phone i`d like to buy selling on it. … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Ive seen a phone i`d like to buy selling on it. Just wanted to know if the sites legit?\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

Avoid this company at all costs. They sold me a router that does not work within Europe. The returns policy is beyond a joke. In spite of the router being sent from a Europe distribution centre I had to return to China to a different name and address to their company. They gave very specific instructions on how to return it.

Their policy is that the cost of returns is the customers unless they receive the goods and it is faulty. In which case they will refund the postage.

After 2 months of waiting I had not received anything. I had to ask DHL who said that Gearbest had not paid their import fees.

Once they did receive it Gearbest then told me I had to pay the import fees as the customer and didn't include the postage!

If an item is sold as described then you purchase in good faith that it will do the job it is intended to do. If is is missold however then the seller should refund ALL the amount and any postage. The implications of purchasing from them should be made 100% clear at purchase not hiding behind terms and conditions. They are in no position to be selling to the rest of the world. They should only deal with China until they get their ethics sorted.

I am disgusted by this company, their communication and customer service. Needless to say I will never be using them again.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

portisgreg

Their policy is that the cost of returns is the customers unless they … Their policy is that the cost of returns is the customers unless they receive the goods and it is faulty. In which case they will refund the postage.

That's a perfectly standard practice shared by 95% of the retailers in the UK.

portisgreg

After 2 months of waiting I had not received anything. I had to ask DHL … After 2 months of waiting I had not received anything. I had to ask DHL who said that Gearbest had not paid their import fees.Once they did receive it Gearbest then told me I had to pay the import fees as the customer and didn't include the postage!

Again, entirely normal practice. Everything I've every bought from abroad has required me to pay the import fees. There are one or two retailers who'll offer you the option to pre-pay but it's the exception.

portisgreg

If an item is sold as described then you purchase in good faith that it … If an item is sold as described then you purchase in good faith that it will do the job it is intended to do. If is is missold however then the seller should refund ALL the amount and any postage.

Lack of compatibility doesn't mean an item is mis-sold though. You don't provide a link to the description but you can go into Tesco and buy a computer part that won't work with your computer but will with similar ones.

portisgreg

The implications of purchasing from them should be made 100% clear at … The implications of purchasing from them should be made 100% clear at purchase not hiding behind terms and conditions.

They require you to read the terms and conditions at purchase time, they provide a link and - personally - I found them to be pretty clear and well laid-out.

Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 12th Jun 2017

https://s4.postimg.org/mq8d2c13x/thread-resurrection.jpg

Rip aw & gearbest are ****

I have used Gearbest 5 times. Never had a hitch.

Banned

EndlessWaves

That's a perfectly standard practice shared by 95% of the retailers in … That's a perfectly standard practice shared by 95% of the retailers in the UK.

No, no it is not. You can't just make up stuff and claim it as fact.
EndlessWaves

Again, entirely normal practice. Everything I've every bought from abroad … Again, entirely normal practice. Everything I've every bought from abroad has required me to pay the import fees. There are one or two retailers who'll offer you the option to pre-pay but it's the exception.

I don't think you read the post properly even though you quoted it. Get a pair of glasses.
EndlessWaves

Lack of compatibility doesn't mean an item is mis-sold though. You don't … Lack of compatibility doesn't mean an item is mis-sold though. You don't provide a link to the description but you can go into Tesco and buy a computer part that won't work with your computer but will with similar ones.

Why are you saying it is lack of compatibilty? Where did you get that from?
EndlessWaves

They require you to read the terms and conditions at purchase time, they … They require you to read the terms and conditions at purchase time, they provide a link and - personally - I found them to be pretty clear and well laid-out.

Considering you are having difficulty reading a small post on HUKD, i find it very hard to believe that you had no problem reading their t&c's (which by the way omit quite a lot of their practices and don't adhere to EU/U.S. law, and yes that applies here in the UK too).

Gearbest have risen since December 2013 to being one of the largest. They did so by ripping off a massive amount of customers, and using that money to fund their marketing and false reviews. If things go bad for them in the future, be aware of their very chequered past. There are literally hundreds of alternatives that are a better option.

Owner34

don't adhere to EU/U.S. law, and yes that applies here in the UK too

I have no interest in most of your post, but would like to correct you on the quoted excerpt from your comment.

Firstly, as the UK has nothing to do with the USA. US consumer laws have no bearing in the UK.

Secondly, Gearbest is neither an EU or US company, so they are not bound by EU or US consumer law. As such, there is always an element of risk when purchasing goods from companies such as Gearbest.

Edited by: "RossD89" 11th Jul 2017

Banned

RossD89

I have no interest in most of your post, but would like to correct you on … I have no interest in most of your post, but would like to correct you on the quoted excerpt from your comment.Firstly, as the UK has nothing to do with the USA. US consumer laws have no bearing in the UK.Secondly, Gearbest is neither an EU or US company, so they are not bound by EU or US consumer law. As such, there is always an element of risk when purchasing goods from companies such as Gearbest.

I never said that they did (RE: US consumer law in the UK). I was referring to them specifically not adhering to EU laws (And U.S.) and while we are still in the EU, also our laws. When they sell from "EU/UK/US Warehouses" they are supposed to be bound by EU/UK/US Consumer law. The fact that Gearbest in particular blatantly ignore it, is at least, a bit worrying. Or should be to most.
If you buy from a US warehouse to UK it should give you some comfort (US/EU consumer law).
for example California consumer laws are notoriously rigid (in favour of the consumer).
If you buy from an EU Warehouse, you should also feel secure. If you buy from a UK Warehouse, you should have 100% security as you would if you ordered from Amazon etc..
Banggood, Tomtop, LITB, AE, etc.. are mostly safe, and if you have any issues they are usually very good at sorting them (As are many other retailers).
There is a book load of details to go into, but the point remains the same.

Edited by: "Owner34" 11th Jul 2017

Owner3411 h, 25 m ago

I never said that they did (RE: US consumer law in the UK). I was …I never said that they did (RE: US consumer law in the UK). I was referring to them specifically not adhering to EU laws (And U.S.) and while we are still in the EU, also our laws. When they sell from "EU/UK/US Warehouses" they are supposed to be bound by EU/UK/US Consumer law. The fact that Gearbest in particular blatantly ignore it, is at least, a bit worrying. Or should be to most. If you buy from a US warehouse to UK it should give you some comfort (US/EU consumer law). for example California consumer laws are notoriously rigid (in favour of the consumer).If you buy from an EU Warehouse, you should also feel secure. If you buy from a UK Warehouse, you should have 100% security as you would if you ordered from Amazon etc..Banggood, Tomtop, LITB, AE, etc.. are mostly safe, and if you have any issues they are usually very good at sorting them (As are many other retailers). There is a book load of details to go into, but the point remains the same.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. You didn't buy anything "from an EU warehouse". You bought from a company based in China which happens to hold some of its stock in Europe.
Edited by: "RossD89" 12th Jul 2017

Owner3550 m ago

Replace the Asterisks with a dot.Ha. Removed my post and banned. I don't …Replace the Asterisks with a dot.Ha. Removed my post and banned. I don't know why Pepper banned me, as i provided legal information and didn't break any site rules.RossD89, i would go so far as to say, that you should never give advice to anybody about anything. The laws are there to protect people, and you not knowing them is enough reason to stay quiet. You are clearly full of it.From Europa****EU (Consumer Rights)From legislation****gov****uk (Consumer rights act 2015)Gearbestblog****com/gearbest-european-warehouse

That's all well and good, but as previously covered - EU and/or UK consumer laws do not apply to Chinese companies...

ordered on 17th October and still not yet received my order.
Really hope it comes it was over £100
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions