Found 1st Sep 2016
I have a tablet that I sent them for repairs but they haven't replied and they had it for over 3weeks.
Is says 'Hipstreet is in receivership' on their website.

11 Comments

I think you have answered your own question there :-/ Just had a quick look on the website and seems to be correct, I would give them a ring, on their website the contact number can be found hipstreet.com/uk/…ts/ and see what they say. If they haven't repaired your device already I'm guessing it will be up to the receivers on if they carry on repairs side of the business.

If you cant get anywhere and you brought it on a credit card maybe try calling your credit card company to see if they can claw back the money through a charge back?

Banned

stoneblade

I think you have answered your own question there :-/ Just had a quick … I think you have answered your own question there :-/ Just had a quick look on the website and seems to be correct, I would give them a ring, on their website the contact number can be found https://www.hipstreet.com/uk/contacts/ and see what they say. If they haven't repaired your device already I'm guessing it will be up to the receivers on if they carry on repairs side of the business. If you cant get anywhere and you brought it on a credit card maybe try calling your credit card company to see if they can claw back the money through a charge back?

The receivers should give all the equipment back to their owners. Whether they carry out the repair or charge for the return is another matter.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Hope they send me a new one as mine was stuck in boot loop

I sent mine off three weeks ago, had an email off them today about a possible receiver. Don't understand much of it. Asked about my tablet and they said if I wanted I can go to the offices and they may be able to find my time. I replied and said I will have it back unfixed but I can't come tor the office it's hours away .

Original Poster

Esumner when did you receive the email ?
I've sent mine on August 9 or 10, but have not received any information about receiver or otherwise.

gill21

Esumner when did you receive the email ?I've sent mine on August 9 or 10, … Esumner when did you receive the email ?I've sent mine on August 9 or 10, but have not received any information about receiver or otherwise.

Yesterday they were emailing Me. From [email protected]zeifmans.ca

Original Poster

@Esumner
Thanks will get on this case, as I have not received any email.

gill21

@EsumnerThanks will get on this case, as I have not received any email.

did you get anywhere with this? i have been into curry this morning, they put me through to their customer service team on the phone, they didnt have a clue about hipstreet being in administration, i was on the phone for an hour with them and their legal team and they have now said that currys are liable for it and so they will be issuing me with a refund, so defo worth going seeing them or ringing them up and asking

Original Poster

no have not got anywhere with this.
Did you purchase your tablet from Currys ?
Do you have the number that I can call [ from the Currys ] ?
I have not purchased mine from Currys so would they help me out ?

Esumner

did you get anywhere with this? i have been into curry this morning, they … did you get anywhere with this? i have been into curry this morning, they put me through to their customer service team on the phone, they didnt have a clue about hipstreet being in administration, i was on the phone for an hour with them and their legal team and they have now said that currys are liable for it and so they will be issuing me with a refund, so defo worth going seeing them or ringing them up and asking

gill21

no have not got anywhere with this.Did you purchase your tablet from … no have not got anywhere with this.Did you purchase your tablet from Currys ?Do you have the number that I can call [ from the Currys ] ?I have not purchased mine from Currys so would they help me out ?

where did you buy it from? i doubt they would help you, you would have to go through who you bought it off.

Original Poster

I bought it off ebay I think [ it was sealed ] but not off a proper shop.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Domain renewal35
  2. Wireless earphones33
  3. Gatwick Airport Parking44
  4. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?47

See more discussions