Is hotukdeals.co.uk a business or non profit making website?

8 replies
Found 15th Oct 2010
I've often wondered to the owners of the hotukdeals wbsite make any money through running this website. Is there a commission for every click to an external website, or is it strictly non profit making run by the members for the members? I noticed ads appearing on the iphone app, but haven't noticed any on the main website.

I hope I haven't offended anyone by asking the question, it is just something I'd like to know!

8 Comments

hotukdeals.com/about

How HotUKDeals is funded

We don't run banner ads on the site, sell ad space, use your email address for marketing or sell your details to other parties. We keep the site funded and running by using commission links on merchants where HUKD receives a commission if a product is purchased. As members submit and vote on deals we believe this keeps the site unbiased but if you have concerns please post and discuss them with us and other members in the Feedback section.
Edited by: "Guyver" 15th Oct 2010

It gives all it's money to charity.

Original Poster

DarkKnight

It gives all it's money to charity.

good one!

Seriously thanks for letting me know, I never came across the "About Us" page before.

It's a profit-making business.

Original Poster

virus

must be "very" profitable judging by the numbers of deals on here I would think (_;)
Edited by: "Deano467" 15th Oct 2010

Banned

virus

doubt it

??

Jumpingphil

It makes a healthy profit but it wont spend any money on developing the … It makes a healthy profit but it wont spend any money on developing the site.It leaves it with loads of bugs 'cos it is too tight to pay for proper programmers.

and it also takes them the best part of 5 months to stump up for some crappy tshirts and amazon vouchers.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?1321
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming3257
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428714680
    4. Wow apple you really are bad2128

See more discussions