Is https://www.rouletteclothing.co.uk/ legit ??

Posted 13th Aug
I posted a deal on here but it was taken down, but the pics look like its a real store! Does anyone know if they sell real stuff or fakes ? Scared to buy anything from them now!
Community Updates
Top comments
Seems a bit of a gamble to me.

Ba dum tsk.
13 Comments
The website was registered in 2005, and looking at the Jersey.com website, it clearly promotes the 1 Queen Street store. 41656177-B2QQ6.jpgJust remember, they don’t allow refunds, and goodsmay be liable to customs charges??
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 13th Aug
Very obvious from the returns page that although English legislation and jurisdiction is acknowledged, D C Fashions chooses to actively (attempt to) flout that same legislation.
Seems a bit of a gamble to me.

Ba dum tsk.
Toptrumpet13/08/2020 16:44

The website was registered in 2005, and looking at the Jersey.com website, …The website was registered in 2005, and looking at the Jersey.com website, it clearly promotes the 1 Queen Street store. [Image] Just remember, they don’t allow refunds, and goodsmay be liable to customs charges??

instagram.com/rouletteclothing?igshid=9ctus8f7s4xp

It feels legit, the Instagram page has loads of followers and doesn't get comments calling them out or anything! And it is a real store! I think I might go for it... What's the worst that can happen.......

twitter.com/rou…=09

Twitter page looks legit too...
Edited by: "chrisredmayne" 14th Aug
AndyRoyd13/08/2020 17:01

Very obvious from the returns page that although English legislation and …Very obvious from the returns page that although English legislation and jurisdiction is acknowledged, D C Fashions chooses to actively (attempt to) flout that same legislation.

What does that mean tho ? That wouldn't mean it sells fakes right ?
chrisredmayne14/08/2020 10:03

https://instagram.com/rouletteclothing?igshid=9ctus8f7s4xpIt feels legit, …https://instagram.com/rouletteclothing?igshid=9ctus8f7s4xpIt feels legit, the Instagram page has loads of followers and doesn't get comments calling them out or anything! And it is a real store! I think I might go for it... What's the worst that can happen.......

It’s just that the company is based in Jersey. Now I know that it’s a tax haven, but does that make a difference to items coming through customs? Do the parcels come in via the red, green or blue channel?
Jerseypost.com suggests that VAT would be payable
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 14th Aug
Toptrumpet14/08/2020 10:06

It’s just that the company is based in Jersey. Now I know that it’s a tax h …It’s just that the company is based in Jersey. Now I know that it’s a tax haven, but does that make a difference to items coming through customs? Do the parcels come in via the red, green or blue channel?Jerseypost.com suggests that VAT would be payable

Ah I see what you mean, no mention on their site about it too... How do they work out the vat ? If the too was £83 ? Might still be a bargain, it's a lot more in UK shops
41661635-lQarS.jpg
chrisredmayne14/08/2020 10:04

What does that mean tho ? That wouldn't mean it sells fakes right ?

It doesn’t mean it sells fakes, more that it doesn’t acknowledge consumer rights and legislation/eu law regarding distant selling regulations and refund rights.
If the item is so much cheaper than elsewhere (even with the custom fees), and you know the sizing will be correct and that you’d never send it back for a refund, then take the punt.
Toptrumpet14/08/2020 10:14

It doesn’t mean it sells fakes, more that it doesn’t acknowledge consumer r …It doesn’t mean it sells fakes, more that it doesn’t acknowledge consumer rights and legislation/eu law regarding distant selling regulations and refund rights.If the item is so much cheaper than elsewhere (even with the custom fees), and you know the sizing will be correct and that you’d never send it back for a refund, then take the punt.

Thanks for clarifying for me
Under their terms and conditions, they do mention custom fees. It is buried in there, which is naughty, and they should have it more dominantly featured on their website. It’s a pain, but try and read the whole section as it’s clearly set up to protect them rather than give any buyer rights.

41661722-7qi2Q.jpg
Toptrumpet14/08/2020 10:22

Under their terms and conditions, they do mention custom fees. It is …Under their terms and conditions, they do mention custom fees. It is buried in there, which is naughty, and they should have it more dominantly featured on their website. It’s a pain, but try and read the whole section as it’s clearly set up to protect them rather than give any buyer rights.[Image]

41661808-NfmsV.jpgFingers crossed it'll be okay with the value!!
It looks like customs would charge 5% VAT and Royal Mail charge you £8 for the privilege of collecting the VAT. So that’s roughly £15 on top. plus the delay in shipment and no recourse if the top isn’t perfect. Only you can decide if the gamble is worth it.
Just an idea, but you can do a live chat on the jerseypost website. So probably best to ask them about the VAT payable and Royal Mail charge before you place an order.
Post a comment
@
    Text