Is HUKD. . . .

due for an update. Seems a while since the last update.

42 Comments

I dunno, we all know what happened last time lol but it has been playing up for me the last few days

Hope you are ok btw DDTA :-)

:lol:

Can't imagine they are in any hurry to repeat that experience!!

TBH I think its a case of if it ain't broke... here - the servers/database seems pretty solid in the past year or so and many new other features (the blogs, the API etc) have been implemented, and are still being developed.

What would you like to see? I think a bit more customisation would be nice (maybe a choice of colour schemes and a rearrangeable right-hand panel) - ultimately pointless but a bit of fun...

how about a member design competition

the members then choose what they want it to look like and you won't get the "I'm leaving cos i hate the new design" remarks

faevilangel;6563960

how about a member design competition :pthe members then choose what they … how about a member design competition :pthe members then choose what they want it to look like and you won't get the "I'm leaving cos i hate the new design" remarks

I've suggested something similar before, I think its a really good idea to be honest. A competition to create a (mock up) redesign of something on HUKD (or the whole layout etc) - doesn't mean it has to be implemented but I'm sure some good ideas would come from it...

Also gives people a chance to be creative (and they don't really need any special skills - it could be something as simple as a mockup in paint or rewording some of the rules in notepad :giggle:)

I don't think the site needs an update, the last one caused untold havoc and I don't think the admin wants to spend money when it clearly isn't necessary....if anything, they just need to spend a bit to improve the servers since the site sometimes struggles to keep up with demand but that's about it.

jah128;6563981

I've suggested something similar before, I think its a really good idea … I've suggested something similar before, I think its a really good idea to be honest. A competition to create a (mock up) redesign of something on HUKD (or the whole layout etc) - doesn't mean it has to be implemented but I'm sure some good ideas would come from it... Also gives people a chance to be creative (and they don't really need any special skills - it could be something as simple as a mockup in paint or rewording some of the rules in notepad :giggle:)

But there would still be so many inconsistencies :lol:

A design comp would let the members choose something funky, upto date and easy to navigate (hopefully) and as you said, it will get the members using their brains for a second....

but there will still be name calling, suspensions and all the normal misc crap :w00t:

maybe a search feature that actually works :lol:

micoo;6564047

maybe a search feature that actually works :lol:

it does work if you use it properly :whistling:

Banned

how about leaving the site to the owners and putting your effort into finding some hot deals as thats what the site is based around

faevilangel;6564019

A design comp would let the members choose something funky, upto date and … A design comp would let the members choose something funky, upto date and easy to navigate (hopefully) and as you said, it will get the members using their brains for a second....

It could be similar to the API comp, but much more inclusive. Its the sort of thing anyone could enter - they could even do something as simple as make a new smilie/emoticon...

casparwhite;6564087

how about leaving the site to the owners and putting your effort into … how about leaving the site to the owners and putting your effort into finding some hot deals as thats what the site is based around

:roll:

Perhaps because we're more constructive than that? Typical negative response as ever.

Original Poster

@ FireHeaven - Doing OK thanks.

@others - What happened last time?? :? :oops:

@micoo - whats with the new avatar?

jah128;6563981

I've suggested something similar before, I think its a really good idea … I've suggested something similar before, I think its a really good idea to be honest. A competition to create a (mock up) redesign of something on HUKD (or the whole layout etc) - doesn't mean it has to be implemented but I'm sure some good ideas would come from it... Also gives people a chance to be creative (and they don't really need any special skills - it could be something as simple as a mockup in paint or rewording some of the rules in notepad :giggle:)

Some of us don't even know how to use paint or notepad you know

Original Poster

casparwhite;6564087

how about leaving the site to the owners and putting your effort into … how about leaving the site to the owners and putting your effort into finding some hot deals as thats what the site is based around

I dont see you doing any? I've already posted about 6 deals today, what about you? :roll:

Banned

omg no, no more updates, they never know which are the right buttons, leave well alone i reckon

jah128;6564089

It could be similar to the API comp, but much more inclusive. Its the … It could be similar to the API comp, but much more inclusive. Its the sort of thing anyone could enter - they could even do something as simple as make a new smilie/emoticon...

Members could even group together to find a design together. E.g. one of them is the "designer" the others are the thinkers.... A design is better when it comes from those who use it :thumbsup:

Also a new logo wouldn't go a miss :w00t:

fireheaven;6564107

Some of us don't even know how to use paint or notepad you know

Okay, being able to post a reply might be a prerequisite, but something tells me your fibbing anyway ;-)

sassie;6564120

omg no, no more updates, they never know which are the right buttons, … omg no, no more updates, they never know which are the right buttons, leave well alone i reckon

don't you want a bright pink, girly website :w00t:

Banned

jah128;6564099

:roll:Perhaps because we're more constructive than that? Typical … :roll:Perhaps because we're more constructive than that? Typical negative response as ever.

whats negative exactly?

bandwagon sums it up

Banned

faevilangel;6564141

don't you want a bright pink, girly website :w00t:

well unless theres a pink button, with press me to get a pink, girly website, i say leave well alone

sassie;6564155

well unless theres a pink button, with press me to get a pink, girly … well unless theres a pink button, with press me to get a pink, girly website, i say leave well alone

it could be incorporated into the design.:whistling:

Let the members make some designs for a "new" hukd but the members vote for the best one. Doesn't mean it will be made, but let's the members have a say in what the design could look like :thumbsup:

The current design is quite bland ...... they could even keep it the same layout, just change the colours

faevilangel;6564070

it does work if you use it properly :whistling:

I can't get my name up in the advanced search, so no-one can look for me (should they want to LOL!)

Original Poster

The search box has been improved. Just needs to be tweaked a bit!

jah128;6564132

Okay, being able to post a reply might be a prerequisite, but something … Okay, being able to post a reply might be a prerequisite, but something tells me your fibbing anyway ;-)

Oh I definately post a reply and even multi quote on a good day but I would happily draw my ideas on paper and scan it in lol

DDTA - good to hear bud and as for what happened last time I think I had better leave that well alone :whistling:

casparwhite;6564150

whats negative exactly?

This comment is extremely negative:

casparwhite;6564087

This site has 200 thousand members and in that a wealth of creative talent, it is a community. Admin and the team realise this - they have tapped into it in the past with things such as the blogs and the API - they have also run some excellent, very creative competitions in the past (the photoshop and video contest spring to mind).

Whilst the site is very good, nothing is perfect and there are no doubt countless ways in which it could be improved - and regardless everything needs a facelift every now and then to keep it fresh and this current scheme is pushing 2 years old now. What is wrong with suggesting that they tap into the userbase for ideas?

casparwhite;6564150

bandwagon sums it up

No idea what you are talking about, I am a free thinker and can form my own opinions of others, care to elaborate?

dontdothatagain;6564269

The search box has been improved. Just needs to be tweaked a bit!

or just change it to google search :-D

Original Poster

faevilangel;6564293

or just change it to google search :-D

Could be a money spinner :whistling:

dontdothatagain;6564334

Could be a money spinner :whistling:

depends if they use the free or the advertise version :whistling:

Original Poster

faevilangel;6564357

depends if they use the free or the advertise version :whistling:

Waiting on a reply to my report (to the mods/admin). None yet.

dontdothatagain;6564379

about this idea

Banned

dontdothatagain;6564379

what ya reporting

sassie;6564412

what ya reporting

your avvy for being to colourful and reminding us to by fireworks :whistling:

Original Poster

sassie;6564412

what ya reporting

To see if there is any planned updates for the near future. Just wanted clarification :thumbsup:

lumoruk;6564409

How it is used to … How it is used to lookhttp://web.archive.org/web/20060823045449/http://www.hotukdeals.com/

:lol: To think of the fuss that was made over it, the hissy fits and epic leaving threads!

Banned

jah128;6564285

This comment is extremely negative:This site has 200 thousand members and … This comment is extremely negative:This site has 200 thousand members and in that a wealth of creative talent, it is a community. Admin and the team realise this - they have tapped into it in the past with things such as the blogs and the API - they have also run some excellent, very creative competitions in the past (the photoshop and video contest spring to mind). Whilst the site is very good, nothing is perfect and there are no doubt countless ways in which it could be improved - and regardless everything needs a facelift every now and then to keep it fresh and this current scheme is pushing 2 years old now. What is wrong with suggesting that they tap into the userbase for ideas?No idea what you are talking about, I am a free thinker and can form my own opinions of others, care to elaborate?

im well aware there are many creative people who have a lot of spare time on their hands that post on here.....im sure admin will let you know if they are planning to upgrade the site and are wanting some user input as they have done in the past with the things you have mentioned, as far as i see it there is no thread asking for any input? sure admin will let u know if he needs you to help out!

so my suggestion was to look and find some hot deals which may enhance the site in the way it is intended, until there is a job as developer that comes available for you

now you can put a slant of negativity on my blunt posts if you like .....matters not to me but you tend to have a pop at me when someone else has hence the bandwagon comment

Banned

faevilangel;6564429

your avvy for being to colourful and reminding us to by fireworks … your avvy for being to colourful and reminding us to by fireworks :whistling:

they farts :w00t:
dontdothatagain;6564434

To see if there is any planned updates for the near future. Just wanted … To see if there is any planned updates for the near future. Just wanted clarification :thumbsup:

i think admin may have let us lknow in feedback if there was, althouh this does to be after the event -pmsl

casparwhite;6564491

im well aware there are many creative people who have a lot of spare time … im well aware there are many creative people who have a lot of spare time on their hands that post on here.....im sure admin will let you know if they are planning to upgrade the site and are wanting some user input as they have done in the past with the things you have mentioned, as far as i see it there is no thread asking for any input? sure admin will let u know if he needs you to help out!so my suggestion was to look and find some hot deals which may enhance the site in the way it is intended, until there is a job as developer that comes available for you

I'm not after a job. There is no harm whatsoever in suggesting things, I genuinely think its a good idea and the team may not have thought of it. There are all kinds of ways in which the site can be helped outside of posting deals, be it helping in requests and misc, people who report rule breaches, pointing out bugs or making suggestions on ideas to improve the site.

casparwhite;6564491

now you can put a slant of negativity on my blunt posts if you like .....

I say its negative because to me it reads very negatively. I think to a third-party it will read negatively. In fact I find it incredulous that you don't see how it is negative yourself.

casparwhite;6564491

matters not to me but you tend to have a pop at me when someone else has … matters not to me but you tend to have a pop at me when someone else has hence the bandwagon comment

Where has someone else? I have responded directly to your comment in this thread, nobody else has. I don't see how your comment was constructive at all (I think it was entirely detrimental to this thread) and I have replied saying so - that is all.

Banned

jah128;6564582

I'm not after a job. There is no harm whatsoever in suggesting things, I … I'm not after a job. There is no harm whatsoever in suggesting things, I genuinely think its a good idea and the team may not have thought of it. There are all kinds of ways in which the site can be helped outside of posting deals, be it helping in requests and misc, people who report rule breaches, pointing out bugs or making suggestions on ideas to improve the site.I say its negative because to me it reads very negatively. I think to a third-party it will read negatively. In fact I find it incredulous that you don't see how it is negative yourself.Where has someone else? I have responded directly to your comment in this thread, nobody else has. I don't see how your comment was constructive at all (I think it was entirely detrimental to this thread) and I have replied saying so - that is all.

irony:thumbsup:

it reads negative because that how you want it to read......

still think this layout is ****
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763888
    2. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1213
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415214086
    4. Baby boxes to be sent to new parents in Scotland from Tuesday!1523

See more discussions