Is incentivised deal posting allowed now?

Found 16th Oct 2017
Seems a heck of a lot of these deals being posted and not taken down lately.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Examples ?
Might get banned for saying this but, notice all 4 examples are from the same 'Editor'. Might explain why they are allowed
FreeDeal4 m ago

Might get banned for saying this but, notice all 4 examples are from the …Might get banned for saying this but, notice all 4 examples are from the same 'Editor'. Might explain why they are allowed

Also may get banned for saying this...but maybe that certain editor responded to those dodgy Chinese emails that have been dropping into our inboxes
I don't see anything wrong with those deals tbh mate.
RiverDragon84 m ago

I don't see anything wrong with those deals tbh mate.

If you look at especially the ones from Amazon and how many posted from the same seller, each has a custom discount code listed which is not on the product pages. Sellers create these custom discount codes so they can track how many where sold through a certain social media medium.
If you've any concerns that a post contravenes our site terms and conditions, please use the report function.
For the record, no - incentivised posts are spam / self promo and we do not allow them.

The editor you mentioned @msmyth , part of his job is to find / source tech products that are popular with our users but aren't necessarily posted so often and he specifically has a focus on items that work for all of our channels, i.e. deals that will work in Germany, France etc (he and the editors from those locations exchange deals they've found that will work for all territories). As such, you'll see more non UK products from him as that's his job!

I will add that we didn't used to allow non UK sites at all- we started allowing them because the community requested it - they generally wanted the option to post for their favourite stores regardless of location. It's a few years down the line from that point, now, but as a global platform we are still reviewing whether sellers like this are suitable and how to better manage issues such as incentivised posts.
We ban any stores that try to incentive users, and will continue to do so.
Edited by: "juliet_bravo" 16th Oct 2017

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants