Is is possible to buy Road Tax with Temporary Insurance?

7 replies
Found 22nd May 2009
Picking up a car for a friend with MOT, but no tax, but intend to buy tax when going to pick car up.
Question is, can I buy road tax with say 1 day insurance, because after car has been picked up, it will be in storage for a long time.

Cheers

7 Comments

why buy tax if its going into storage?
any chance of using trade plates?
or take the risk, but obviously I'm not condoning that one

Original Poster

owens101;5293118

why buy tax if its going into storage?any chance of using trade plates?or … why buy tax if its going into storage?any chance of using trade plates?or take the risk, but obviously I'm not condoning that one

he is buying the car from a private seller not a dealer. Also he will be using the using the car to pick up large items once in a while.

Banned

As long as you have a valid cover note, sufficient MOT cover you will be able to buy road fund licence. Keep in mind if you drive the car without insurance you will be breaking the law, but as long as you drive it whilst insured you will be fine.

Original Poster

sculpturatus;5293202

As long as you have a valid cover note, sufficient MOT cover you will be … As long as you have a valid cover note, sufficient MOT cover you will be able to buy road fund licence. Keep in mind if you drive the car without insurance you will be breaking the law, but as long as you drive it whilst insured you will be fine.

What do you mean by those two words. ?

I don't think you can. It doesn't matter how long it's valid for but it cannot be "temporarily insured" if I remember rightly.

This sort of question comes up quite often, the answer is yes and no.

dayinsure.com/faq…spx

No you cant - although the above post interesting. I guess it will depend on the post office
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69774
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions