Groups

Is it better to buy a laptop now or in January 17?

Looking for a laptop below £300, a fairly small 10inch, min 4gb ram. Lots of discounts during christmas but wondering if it'll be cheaper after new year?

10 Comments

I don't think so. #brexit

I think you should wait until Boxing Day. Currys will likely have some good deals on Laptops and those prices will likely stick past the new year.

I'd wait until 5 January. CES 2017 will push prices down as new products are released.

I'm in the same boat, missed a few deals. looking about for a small laptop (around 11.6"/12") budget around £200.

Original Poster

bluedragon316

I think you should wait until Boxing Day. Currys will likely have some … I think you should wait until Boxing Day. Currys will likely have some good deals on Laptops and those prices will likely stick past the new year.

Thanks!
    I've had trouble with Currys in the past. Plus they don't stock a few that I like.

YikYak

Thanks!I've had trouble with Currys in the past. Plus they don't stock a … Thanks!I've had trouble with Currys in the past. Plus they don't stock a few that I like.

Avoid Currys PC World and Argos due to their truely dreadful returns policy.
    I'm hoping Argos will improve now Sainsburys are the owners.
    I would wait for the sales after Christmas and snag a bargain - WITH a "No Quibble" returns policy ie amazon, JLP.
    Edited by: "deany76" 16th Dec 2016

Undoubtedly now, prices on computer stuff are at their highest in January and lowest in june and november-december.

Tricky. I'd definitely wait new technology debuts Jan 5 which will impact desktop and laptop prices but to a lesser scale. I'd wait till just after Jan if possible.
    However if not that important to get best deal I would buy now. As prices won't change massively.
    On a positive you will have more time to save :).

Not much point in not looking now, boxing day is hardly likely to be better and often it's just an excuse for shops to resell returned stuff. The way the Microsoft thing is being pushed out I suspect the will be many decent used tablets around.

I disagree I think post Christmas Day should have some attractive savings.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767501
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7311388
      3. Tower Hill - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)44
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886407

See more discussions