Is it better to order from Amazon, eBay or the seller directly

Posted 22nd Sep
Hi everyone. I'm looking to order a shower enclosure. amazon have it for 180, ebay for 165 and direct from seller -155 (but its a bit of a dodgily made website). Where would you buy from. I'd lean towards amazon but it's a market place seller and not from them direct so I'm guessing the customer service wouldn't be the same and just direct me to the seller?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
What is the website?
Either Amazon or Ebay at least you will have buyer protection. Some of those small independent websites are a nightmare when you want to get your money back!
Any preferences? There's not much in it so was tending towards amazon?
dasachmo22/09/2019 17:31

https://www.elegantshowers.co.uk/

Out of curiosity why do you think it's dodgy? I'd go direct from the seller Tbh.
Nothing dodgy about the website. They’ve got a uk address, contact number, live chat. Plus they’re also showing their UK VAT number, tells me they are a legitimate uk based business.
eBay or if PayPal is on the website
Edited by: "Apple.user" 22nd Sep
Sc4mp022/09/2019 17:55

Out of curiosity why do you think it's dodgy? I'd go direct from the …Out of curiosity why do you think it's dodgy? I'd go direct from the seller Tbh.

Because the size I'm ordering 1500mm has details for 1400mm underneath it.
The details on Amazon and eBay seem to match up with the correct spec.
May just be a oversight but strange to get wrong on your actual site as opposed to a third party
Use Paypal direct from supplier.
dasachmo22/09/2019 17:31

https://www.elegantshowers.co.uk/

I’ve got my shower from them. Very happy with it and the quality... I purchased a few different stuff from them. Originally purchased through amazon then found out that they have a warehouse based near me so bought a few more stuff in person and got additional discount. 10/10 from me.
Zero.Chill22/09/2019 18:00

Nothing dodgy about the website. They’ve got a uk address, contact number, …Nothing dodgy about the website. They’ve got a uk address, contact number, live chat. Plus they’re also showing their UK VAT number, tells me they are a legitimate uk based business.

Just to be clear: the website quotes a UK address, a contact number, a VAT number and has live chat. Just satisfy yourself that the website and/or it operator is related to a company that is shifting the goods, same as you would do with any other ecommerce site.
It is up to you.

Be mindful if you need to return it for any reason.

For change of mind - all three ways will be costly as the cost will be borne by you.

For faulty/damaged - there are variances;
eBay should supply you a prepaid label but it will probably not be suitable for the size of the item, you will have a to-and-fro until hopefully they give you a prepaid label or a refund.
Amazon will refer you to the seller. Ultimately you could open an A-Z if the seller proves unhelpful. Amazon may still require a return and be much like eBay in giving an incorrect method of return.
Website - pay by credit card for additional help otherwise you are reliant on your consumer rights.
If you require Section 75 protection from using a credit card then be aware that using PayPal or Amazon 3rd party seller you will not be covered, and will beholden to PayPal buyer protection or Amazon marketplace policies.
windym22/09/2019 18:25

...Website - pay by credit card for additional help otherwise you are …...Website - pay by credit card for additional help otherwise you are reliant on your consumer rights.

...assuming that is a ref to S75 rather than chargeback: requires the trader's card processing mechanism to be a direct payment merchant account with the trader's name appearing exclusively on the cc statement, which may be difficult to verify pre-sale.
Buy direct save most money and use paypal, they protect as well as ebay do
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants