Is it cheaper to buy ebike or just motor and battery

Posted 28th May
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Cheaper if you buy the parts separately and able to assemble it yourself. I got my battery from China as it’s cheaper, but be careful as some sellers may sell fake batteries (if you go down the AliExpress/DHgate route). Purchased my 1000W motor from eBay
Edited by: "nazmul555" 28th May
nazmul55528/05/2020 19:19

Cheaper if you buy the parts separately and able to assemble it yourself. …Cheaper if you buy the parts separately and able to assemble it yourself. I got my battery from China as it’s cheaper, but be careful as some sellers may sell fake batteries (if you go down the AliExpress/DHgate route). Purchased my 1000W motor from eBay

How do you set limits then?
And if EBAY a right place to buy a battery?
What consideration do I need to take choosing right one....for example if I get same 1kw motor?
You can buy from eBay as long as it’s a reputable seller. When buying the motor, get one with LCD (this is where you can change settings such as the power etc), a 48v motor will mean that a 48v battery will be suitable for it. Also the higher the aH (Amps/hr) the higher the range you’ll get too I believe. Just want to say I’m no cycling expert.
7fink728/05/2020 19:22

How do you set limits then? And if EBAY a right place to buy a …How do you set limits then? And if EBAY a right place to buy a battery?What consideration do I need to take choosing right one....for example if I get same 1kw motor?

It would depend on the specifications but most 1kw motors need 42v batteries. I would suggest eclipsebikes.com for batteries but I'm open to other suggestions.
Bertz9928/05/2020 19:41

Comment deleted

That is why I am asking about how setting limits
Bertz9928/05/2020 19:41

Comment deleted

A former friend rides one, never really goes above 20. But he's still a criminal, when I told him to stop he just cited this case:

bbc.co.uk/new…616

He told me even if he kills somebody he probably won't be go to prison. He said the case linked above sets a precedent.

He has a 20 mile commute and can't drive, tells me it's worth the risk and that people should be able to break laws if they want, providing they are prepared to accept the responsibility and punishment.

I tried reporting him but the police don't want to know.
Edited by: "mogsog" 28th May
7fink728/05/2020 21:37

Comment deleted

It was hypothetical, I'm in support of bikes over 250w. The case cited is interesting.
I never go above 20, only if it’s very clear, like no cars and pedestrians I might go upto 25-30, but that is very rare for me. I usually just travel at speeds I feel is safe, as going slow can be more dangerous at times. Just slow down whenever there’s police nearby, there’s also officers that monitor cyclists now took.
Edited by: "nazmul555" 28th May
nazmul55528/05/2020 23:21

I never go above 20, only if it’s very clear, like no cars and pedestrians …I never go above 20, only if it’s very clear, like no cars and pedestrians I might go upto 25-30, but that is very rare for me. I usually just travel at speeds I feel is safe, as going slow can be more dangerous at times. Just slow down whenever there’s police nearby, there’s also officers that monitor cyclists now took.

Someone to monitor cyclists...wow
7fink729/05/2020 11:53

Someone to monitor cyclists...wow

Ah yeah you won’t believe mate. I passed a red light within a cycle lane, as there was no pedestrians and got stopped by officers waiting ahead with go pros attached to them! Learnt my lesson after that. Luckily I didn’t get fined.
nazmul55529/05/2020 11:57

Ah yeah you won’t believe mate. I passed a red light within a cycle lane, a …Ah yeah you won’t believe mate. I passed a red light within a cycle lane, as there was no pedestrians and got stopped by officers waiting ahead with go pros attached to them! Learnt my lesson after that. Luckily I didn’t get fined.

So just like that....hmmm..
Thanks for warning,bro!
Post a comment
@
    Text