Expired

Is it common for some stores not to accept printed vouchers?

11 replies
Found 18th Aug 2010
Downloaded a coupon via Martin's Money Website earlier and took it into Morrisons. They refused to accept it because it was a printout.

I know there are always a list of T&C's attached to these things but I just wanted to know if there are any other stores that make it their policy to refuse them.

Just thought I would add It was Morrisons in Gosport.

1. Misc
  2. Print
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Print
10 Comments

my comment isnt showing? unless it got removed lol.

btw you say you know there are normally t&c's but did you bother to check? i.e expiry date, up to manager discretion, whether it can only be used in certain Morrisons

Original Poster

When I spoke to the duty manager she said it was Morrisons policy (not just that store) to make it their policy NOT to accept any printed vouchers / coupons.

Just use their self-checkouts always works

tesco is exactly the same wont take them!!

philhib1964

When I spoke to the duty manager she said it was Morrisons policy (not … When I spoke to the duty manager she said it was Morrisons policy (not just that store) to make it their policy NOT to accept any printed vouchers / coupons.

ETHANR

tesco is exactly the same wont take them!!

Never had a problem with either, Tesco's have always taken mine but Morrisons never rejected mine either (probably because I never shop there though)

What was the voucher for? I might give it a go in the Morrisons in Wood Green, London

Original Poster

It was for a free drink. I had two coupons, one for a small can of Vodka & Coke & one for a Morgan's Spiced Rum & Coke. I don't drink a lot but thought I'd pop them in the fridge in case we get any more long warm sunny evenings. They are worth about £1.75 each.

Coupons can be found via the Money Savings Expert Website.

Tesco rejected my mums because it was printed in black and white, said they only accept colour printouts.

from MSE

"There’s no right to have your coupon accepted and they are sometimes turned down – so don’t make a special trip, see it as an added extra. For more ways to save read the full Supermarket Savings guide and Shopping Discount Vouchers deals list."

Wilkinson's say its store policy not to accept printed vouchers..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions