Groups

is it dodgy if an ebay buyer wants to pay via bt?

just had a question asking me if i would accept bt the person has good feedback etc but i just dont know if these payments can be reserved?
    any advice please?

22 Comments

is it for a,lot? x

Original Poster

its a pram £160 or best offer

nope, it works out better than using paypal

i have accepted bt -i was told it was safer for a seller?

Banned

Just make sure they don't dump a rubber cheque into your acccount and also wait 24 hrs after any electronic transfer to be safe.
    Edited by: "aScottishBloke" 16th Aug 2010

Original Poster

ok thanks for help/advice
    imaginary rep 4 u all

it s safer for the seller as i use it but just make sure money is clear 1st

Original Poster

will it clear straight away they are with halifax im with barclays she said she would instantly transfer the money

edjaned

will it clear straight away they are with halifax im with barclays she … will it clear straight away they are with halifax im with barclays she said she would instantly transfer the money

can take 3 days to show.
    The other option she nips to Barclays and puts it in? thats your fastest best bet.
    Edited by: "plumberman01" 16th Aug 2010

check with your bank is the best bet.

edjaned

will it clear straight away they are with halifax im with barclays she … will it clear straight away they are with halifax im with barclays she said she would instantly transfer the money

not sure on that - could take minimum 2 hours and anything up to 48 hours

Original Poster

ok thanks again
    weird thing is there is one the same as mine in auction and its on 205 the only thing different is it has a sun canopy and net
    yet people have been offering me £100 for mine,dunno where i go wrong sometimes
    i was hoping for a quick sale at £160

Original Poster

no im willing to post it for £15 they have not mentioned they are local to collect

wulshaz

it s safer for the seller as i use it but just make sure money is clear … it s safer for the seller as i use it but just make sure money is clear 1st

Wul

Original Poster

maybe i should of put it in auction too but i just put buy it now or best offer,it was up for same price last week got lots of questions/offers but it didnt sell so had to relist
    i have seen them go for £120 in auction then i have seen others go over £200
    there is one other cheaper than mine but the pics dont do it any favours but the rest are all higher priced than mine most over £200 some auction starting at 499!!!

Original Poster

its a bugaboo gecko btw

Original Poster

i have said i will take £140 bt

ive just looked and i reckon too cheap..but if you sel for £160 paypal you wont be much better off!
    Edited by: "plumberman01" 16th Aug 2010

Original Poster

plumberman01

ive just looked and i reckon too cheap..but if you sel for £160 paypal … ive just looked and i reckon too cheap..but if you sel for £160 paypal you wont be much better off!

thanks for that,
    i just want it out the way tbh they have not replied anyway,and they havent oficially made me an offer so i guess maybe they were expecting me to say cheaper than £140,its the ebay fees that pee me off more than pp cuts
    im sure it was £11 odd if i sell @ £160 not sure how much pp will take i presume around a fiver?

i thnk paypal is almost the same as ebay fees...dont know how some people make it pay tbh

paypal charge 3.4% + 20p, if its

Original Poster

mikeyp

paypal charge 3.4% + 20p, if its £1500. So £160 would equate to £5.64 in … paypal charge 3.4% + 20p, if its < £1500. So £160 would equate to £5.64 in Paypal fees.

great thanks for that
    she emailed me last night to say if its still for sale fri she will buy it then
    we will see...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?2292
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917257
      3. Sad news about Barcelona2396
      4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2457

See more discussions