Groups

Is it easy to flash a XBOX 360

One of my friends has offered me a 360 cheap as he won it in a prize. It is brand new 60GB version. Can't look inside to see what the drive is as he wouldn't want to have it opened if not buying.

It would presumably come with no guarantee since it is a prize.

First question - can all versions be flashed

Second question - is it fairly easy.

I have managed to put custom ware on my psp - assume that it will be similar to that

5 Comments

Its harder than a PSP but take your time and its a breeze, and yes all can be flashed. Most don't need any extra hardware, provided you have a compatible free sata port on your pc's motherboard, but the Lite-ons need an extra piece of kit called a ck3 pro

jungleflasher.net/dow…tml

most of what you need is there

X-bins auto login program (google) is useful for locating the f/w packs

To see what drive it is, just take the front panel off and look through the hole below the DVD drive, there are some cables, depending on colour depends on the drive.

If it's an older drive you can tell from opening the drive, loads of images online about which is whice.

Flashing is dead simple but you will need a VIA6421 Sata card unless you're lucky enough to have one of a handful or native sata ports that works.

x-bins is by invite only so you won't have any luck pursuing that, FW is always posted in newsgroups along with all the tools you need

Original Poster

thanks folks

ms2005;5300382

x-bins is by invite only so you won't have any luck pursuing that, FW is … x-bins is by invite only so you won't have any luck pursuing that, FW is always posted in newsgroups along with all the tools you need

Xbins auto installer connects despite it being invite-only. Was using it earlier on today

Once you know how to do it it's easy peasy, I've flashed a few drives.

If you have a Lite-On you will need a connectivity kit of some sort to read keys.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      4. love affairs912

See more discussions