Is it easy to remove and fit in a new washing machine myself? AO.com is charging £40+ for all that service alone

Found 13th Sep 2015
Was thinking of buying the Samsung Ecobubble but not happy with paying all these additional costs
Community Updates
AskWashing Machine
24 Comments
Yes, just jump on Youtube if you are ever not sure. Easy as turning a few taps off, moving in new machine, plug in hoses and turn on taps.

It's not hard to do at all, you could even snap some pics and post them on here for people to give you guidance.

No doubt there will be some know it alls about willing to help
easy as pie did it myself with basic tools
Don't forget to remove the transit bolts.
If all the fitting are there. Then really is straight forward. Just make sure you turn the water of. Under my sink were the cold water supply is. There is a little leaver that turns the water of. Unscrew the cold water supply. I have disconnected and reconnected all of mine. Most prob plenty of vids on you tube to check how it's done.
Original Poster
benjammin316

Yes, just jump on Youtube if you are ever not sure. Easy as turning a few … Yes, just jump on Youtube if you are ever not sure. Easy as turning a few taps off, moving in new machine, plug in hoses and turn on taps.It's not hard to do at all, you could even snap some pics and post them on here for people to give you guidance.No doubt there will be some know it alls about willing to help

sowotsdis

nannafish

vikki78vicky

If all the fitting are there. Then really is straight forward. Just make … If all the fitting are there. Then really is straight forward. Just make sure you turn the water of. Under my sink were the cold water supply is. There is a little leaver that turns the water of. Unscrew the cold water supply. I have disconnected and reconnected all of mine. Most prob plenty of vids on you tube to check how it's done.

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the support! I will re-visit this thread when I get my machine then Just saved me some money.
benjammin316

Yes, just jump on Youtube if you are ever not sure. Easy as turning a … Yes, just jump on Youtube if you are ever not sure. Easy as turning a few taps off, moving in new machine, plug in hoses and turn on taps.It's not hard to do at all, you could even snap some pics and post them on here for people to give you guidance.No doubt there will be some know it alls about willing to help

sowotsdis

nannafish

vikki78vicky

If all the fitting are there. Then really is straight forward. Just make … If all the fitting are there. Then really is straight forward. Just make sure you turn the water of. Under my sink were the cold water supply is. There is a little leaver that turns the water of. Unscrew the cold water supply. I have disconnected and reconnected all of mine. Most prob plenty of vids on you tube to check how it's done.

That'll be £45 please
40quid is criminal. ive no doubt old folk pay for this type of thing every day.
Inb4 the flooded kitchen.
Make sure to use new washers
How are you going to dispose of yoir old washer?
Original Poster
termite

Put it in an orange recycling bag and throw it out with the weekly rubbish.
termite

Put it outside for the scrapmen.
or put a For Sale £100 sticker on it and someone will nick it.
I'll do it for £25
I am a wee hoosewife, I did it all on my onio. Common sense is all you need.
Remember to keep the waste pipe high.
very easy to do.
I did my own. Firstly you have to remove the old one BUT its easier to disconnect the water pipes from the old machine and not from the taps. Turn off the water connections first so you dont flood the house. Put the old machine on your local freecycle site and you could end up with someone coming and removing it for you as well so you dont even have to bother. Make sure all the pipes are clean and not about to crack otherwise they will need changing for the new machine. Always replace the washers when putting the old pipes back on (Wilko or small DIY store). Best to get rid of the old machine a day before the new one arrives so its out of the way. Hopefully the delivery men will put it in a good location for you to unpack. Use the installation instructions with the new machine and it should not take longer than 15 mins to install. Make sure it is level and use the screw in feet underneath to adjust it if necessary. Dont plug in until all pipes are connected, it will be easier than you think and yes I am a woman and found it easy.
post on a facebook for sale page saying you want metal lifted.
little tip. when pushing the machine back into the location mop or wet the fld the machine with floor detergent or washing liquid. Makes it so easier to maneuver in and out.
Are you ordering online or did you call them? I was about to order a couple appliances online when I called them to ask a question. The guy on the phone told me that if I ordered on the phone he could give me an extra discount. He knocked off some money and added in the installation of my washer, dryer and fridge-freezer for free as well as free removal of packaging. It's worth a try.
Original Poster
Jaestar69

Are you ordering online or did you call them? I was about to order a … Are you ordering online or did you call them? I was about to order a couple appliances online when I called them to ask a question. The guy on the phone told me that if I ordered on the phone he could give me an extra discount. He knocked off some money and added in the installation of my washer, dryer and fridge-freezer for free as well as free removal of packaging. It's worth a try.

Damn I ordered it online, is there any way to cancel online? Or do I need to ring them up. Would love to try your method. It's not scheduled to be delivered till Wednesday, so I still got time right?
MRR_ltd

Damn I ordered it online, is there any way to cancel online? Or do I need … Damn I ordered it online, is there any way to cancel online? Or do I need to ring them up. Would love to try your method. It's not scheduled to be delivered till Wednesday, so I still got time right?

Just ring them and say you have found it cheaper with free fitting at a local independent store, and want to cancel. They may then offer the discount and fitting. If not cancel then call back and reorder and haggle.
Original Poster
barrel24

Just ring them and say you have found it cheaper with free fitting at a … Just ring them and say you have found it cheaper with free fitting at a local independent store, and want to cancel. They may then offer the discount and fitting. If not cancel then call back and reorder and haggle.

I went onto live chat and tried mentioning the above, but unfortunately I left it a little late as it's already scheduled for delivery for tomorrow. Would've haggled if the online discount code was still working, as it seems like it got pulled off the site today, so I will have to stick with what I have. But appreciate the suggestion!
Pay the money and save your self loads of work and hassle.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants