Groups

is it easy to replace an iphone 5 screen?

obviously , i would like to avoid the £60 charge that is average for this type of repair. But i dont really want to completely ruin my phone. i just wondered if anyone has done this before and is it easy or a nightmare lol

thanks

6 Comments

I wouldn't do it but that's because I would be scared I would break it!
    I sent my sons phone to be repaired as the screen was smashed to a seller on eBay and it was fixed for £18.

It's an iPhone 4 though so not worth much but thought it was worth a shot for £18 and it works perfectly

I'm sure it won't be the best quality parts but as its old it's fine.

I did it with no experience following a youtube video. You can get screens from eBay for around £20 with the fitting kit. Was very surprised how easy it was

iphone 5 is a easy fix using 'you tube' just watch a few videos first and like Dan maytee said it's only around £20 so cheap enough if you fail first time around.
    I fix screens for friends and family but always warn them I might mess it up but lucky never have, the only one iphone I hate doing is the iPhone 4/4s because you have to take the whole phone apart just to get to the screen.

Original Poster

ok thanks guys i may give it a go then

it's very easy to do, follow the instructions on the very many tutorials on youtube

ifixit.com/Gui…906

It looks to be a lot easier doing that over the iPhone 4s.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gutters, painting22
      2. Advice on Gas Boiler Cover, British Gas putting price up!44
      3. Is there a way to know how well clippers cut hair, (e.g. motor power).55
      4. Anyone been to Nerja, Spain on holiday?47

See more discussions