Found 5th Apr 2010
i dont get tax credits or any benifits but i have a maternity exempt cert that runs till june so i get free dentist and prescripts till then would i get a free eye test or does everyone have to pay
thanks for any help

15 Comments

Banned

Tesco is free for everybody.

Banned

No mat cert does not cover eye tests.

Original Poster

DLM;8295135

Tesco is free for everybody.

i saw that offer but its miles to my nearest i live closer to specsavers and a couple small opticians

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;8295144

No mat cert does not cover eye tests.

ok Thanks :thumbsup:

Pretty sure it's free at Vision Express too. And for those of us in Scotland it's free everywhere.

I always thought you got that free as well. Wonder why not? Don't suppose you strain your eyes while pregnant (only while in labour!). Never even thought about an eye test when I was pregnant so wouldn't have known either way.

Banned

eightieschick;8295211

I always thought you got that free as well. Wonder why not? Don't … I always thought you got that free as well. Wonder why not? Don't suppose you strain your eyes while pregnant (only while in labour!). Never even thought about an eye test when I was pregnant so wouldn't have known either way.

You used too, not anymore :-(

Original Poster

eightieschick;8295211

I always thought you got that free as well. Wonder why not? Don't … I always thought you got that free as well. Wonder why not? Don't suppose you strain your eyes while pregnant (only while in labour!). Never even thought about an eye test when I was pregnant so wouldn't have known either way.

funny isnt it since you get teeth free :x never mind i will have to pay thanks for all the help everyone :thumbsup:

have you got a Dolland and Atchinson nearby?
You can get a free eye test and 500 nectar points with a voucher at D&A....

tinkerbell28;8295226

You used too, not anymore :-(

That's ridiculous isn't it? I think we women should get everything free after giving birth anway - a lifetime exempt card for all charges - we deserve it after going through that!

Original Poster

czar.nik;8295364

have you got a Dolland and Atchinson nearby?You can get a free eye test … have you got a Dolland and Atchinson nearby?You can get a free eye test and 500 nectar points with a voucher at D&A....

oh excellent thanks im not sure i will have a check now :thumbsup:

You get free dental treatment because being pregnant can soften the enamel in your teeth (you have a parasite inside you stealing all your calcium to build its bones - so it's worth seeing a dentist) but it doesn't do any harm to your eyesight.

My wife found that being pregnant also changed the shape of her feet and her shoe size (apparently it loosens the ligaments holding your bones together), but she didn't get any new shoes off the NHS.

But being pregnant isn't all negative; on the plus side they'll probably leave home in 18-20 years time and stop depending on you financially at some point in the next 30 years!

Banned

inicholson;8295502

My wife found that being pregnant also changed the shape of her feet and … My wife found that being pregnant also changed the shape of her feet and her shoe size (apparently it loosens the ligaments holding your bones together), but she didn't get any new shoes off the NHS.!

Yup my feet went from a 5-8 in my 1st pregnancy, never went back!

inicholson;8295502

...But being pregnant isn't all negative; on the plus side they'll … ...But being pregnant isn't all negative; on the plus side they'll probably leave home in 18-20 years time and stop depending on you financially at some point in the next 30 years!

Just in time to pick your nursing "retirement" home for you that is paid for out of any savings you have managed to put aside for your kids' inheritance but they do get to sit & feed you cold vegetables as you look out of the window wishing you were somewhere else.

PS. (Speaking as a parent of three) Never have more than two... you leave your groin unprotected in a fight.

BFN,

fp.

I withdraw my earlier comment - my wife tells me her eyesight was worse while pregnant but it went back again afterwards (unlike the shoe size). So there's no point getting specs until after you give birth; that way the first thing your baby can grab hold of and break is your new glasses.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57570
    2. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle68
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45

See more discussions