Is it good time to buy RAM?

Posted 10th Aug 2020
I am planning to build a video editing/3D work pc. Looking at the current situation I am holding myself from buying graphics card as general understanding is to wait for NVidia 3000 series. I have seen good deals on RAM lately. So the question that is it right time to buy RAM? Will prices continue to fall in next 6 months? Share your thoughts.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Wait till tomorrow 10.21am 😋
You can always judge how cheap SSD/RAM deals are by if there are loads of them posted on HUKD
In reality, nobody can accurately predict if RAM will shoot up in price next week, because there could suddenly be an unforeseen circumstance (such as the floods/earthquake/fire at a major memory manufacturing factory - it has happened numerous times before)

But this should help you make your mind up... it does look to be quite low at the moment
pcpartpicker.com/tre…ry/
I can remember when 1MB of RAM cost £50, those were the days....
Prices are all over the place, just chuck a couple in your Amazon wish list and wait over the next couple of days to see if any drop in price a little.
Thanks all for sharing your thoughts. My question is definitely in relation to RAM price but also in terms of tech. DDR5 anytime soon? No, I guess. There are quite few articles hinting for 2021 release. Nothing concrete though and COVID-19 can push things back even further. Having said that if DDR5 is to be available to consumers in 2021 at not too high a premium then I would wait. Anything beyond 2021 then not worth waiting.
TheBiker10/08/2020 10:12

I can remember when 1MB of RAM cost £50, those were the days....

The expensively bad days.
syson10/08/2020 11:11

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts. My question is definitely in …Thanks all for sharing your thoughts. My question is definitely in relation to RAM price but also in terms of tech. DDR5 anytime soon? No, I guess. There are quite few articles hinting for 2021 release. Nothing concrete though and COVID-19 can push things back even further. Having said that if DDR5 is to be available to consumers in 2021 at not too high a premium then I would wait. Anything beyond 2021 then not worth waiting.

Do you need that tool or do you want to think you are the coolest person in the town ?
After DDR5, there will be DDR6 and so on. The processor you're buying today, next month will be much cheaper and for the same money you can buy something offering much better performances.
The prices are good; buy now and enjoy your hobby/work.
The best time to buy is when you need it, the worst is when you don’t
Post a comment
@
    Text