Is it hard to get into firefighter training

Banned
I'm 17 and will be 18 in a few months and really want to be a fire-fighter. I was wondering how many fire-fighters are taken on each year and is it hard to get a spot?

24 Comments

Have you spoken with your local fire station?

If there are no more job vacancies in your area, it means there's not enough fires in your area....
I think we both understand where this is going, happy to help

You'll have to speak to your local station and see when the next opening day is.

Original Poster Banned

simplex

If there are no more job vacancies in your area, it means there's not … If there are no more job vacancies in your area, it means there's not enough fires in your area....I think we both understand where this is going, happy to help

Ok, so if i set a few building on fire and potentially set traps in them to kill of a few local fire-fighters they are more likely to recruit?

Original Poster Banned

Starr

You'll have to speak to your local station and see when the next opening … You'll have to speak to your local station and see when the next opening day is.

Thanks, I'll do just that.

Good luck with it, i briefly looked into it about 6 months ago before i got my current job.

Original Poster Banned

Starr

Good luck with it, i briefly looked into it about 6 months ago before i … Good luck with it, i briefly looked into it about 6 months ago before i got my current job.

Thanks, Do you know if it would be better to ring them up or visit them?

Edited by moderator: "cos i wanted to edit" 5th Jun 2011

shergold

Ok, so if i set a few building on fire and potentially set traps in them … Ok, so if i set a few building on fire and potentially set traps in them to kill of a few local fire-fighters they are more likely to recruit?

Are you running a recruitment agency?

Do you know if it would be easier to ring them up or visit them?

Depends whether or not you have a phone, and whether or not you live next door to the station.

no, to try out 1st just solve a jig saw puzzle on a burning BBQ oven,then u r ready to go

Original Poster Banned

addjon

no, to try out 1st just solve a jig saw puzzle on a burning BBQ oven,then … no, to try out 1st just solve a jig saw puzzle on a burning BBQ oven,then u r ready to go

I have already done that. Thanks for your input mate

cis_groupie

Depends whether or not you have a phone, and whether or not you live next … Depends whether or not you have a phone, and whether or not you live next door to the station.

Lmao

this might be of interest fireservice.co.uk/rec…ent

information on people wanting to join (don't think it's an official site though, just information)

Original Poster Banned

sancho1983

Lmao

Burn In Hell, Lol? get it? ok nvm

If youre serious, i'd suggest you start on your fitness levels now.....theres a bleep test you must reach to level 9.6 minimum, but you can obtain the actual bleep test before your test - practice !

If you dont pass dontbe downhearted, just apply to another area.

p.s. a bleep test is running back and forth between to set points.

With a beep...

Banned

sancho1983

With a beep...

How's it going Bro?

master_chief

How's it going Bro?

Not bad, you? Was I right in thinking there was a cycle thread around here somewhere?

op where do you live?

The reason i ask is because the london fire service closed the application site to become a firefighter on the 20th may. Apparently its very rare for anyone to apply and get into the brigade first time round. i think this could be because they want to see that you are dedicated and seeing as there are large time gaps between the roles becoming available again (i applied 1st time round about 1.5years before i applied again this time) it shows that your first application wasnt a "o ill give this a try and see if i get in" and that infact you are serious about firefighting as a career.

i expect that my 2nd application will also be rejected and ill hopefully have finished my degree by the time the next application process begins, i know quite a few firefighters and they have all said not to be disheartened if your application gets rejected a good few times.

good luck anyway

acecatcher3

op where do you live?The reason i ask is because the london fire service … op where do you live?The reason i ask is because the london fire service closed the application site to become a firefighter on the 20th may. Apparently its very rare for anyone to apply and get into the brigade first time round. i think this could be because they want to see that you are dedicated and seeing as there are large time gaps between the roles becoming available again (i applied 1st time round about 1.5years before i applied again this time) it shows that your first application wasnt a "o ill give this a try and see if i get in" and that infact you are serious about firefighting as a career.i expect that my 2nd application will also be rejected and ill hopefully have finished my degree by the time the next application process begins, i know quite a few firefighters (strippers) and they have all said not to be disheartened if your application gets rejected a good few times.good luck anyway

edited for you

Banned

sancho1983

Not bad, you? Was I right in thinking there was a cycle thread around … Not bad, you? Was I right in thinking there was a cycle thread around here somewhere?

Been a few.

All good here. C-Max is great

Edited by: "master_chief" 5th Jun 2011

Banned

I'm a fireman.

Look at the size of my hose.

vibeone I'm a fireman.Look at the size of my hose.

that couldn't douse a matchstick
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions