Is it is possible to root an Amazon Fire 7 5th Gen running OS 5.3.2.0?

I want to install the Android interface on the Amazon Fire 7 I got on Black Friday but its running OS 5.3.2.0.

I've looked on the net and all the tutorials are running lower OS's.

Tried using Kingroot and its not having it and keeps failing, any ideas how to root this so I can proceed?

Cheers

8 Comments

You can revert the firmware to the older version apparently, see here. AOSP firmware for the fire is available here.

Note, I take no responsibility if you brick your tablet.
Edited by: "mpmc1987" 14th Dec 2016

Original Poster

mpmc1987

You can revert the firmware to the older version apparently, see here. … You can revert the firmware to the older version apparently, see here. AOSP firmware for the fire is available here.

Cheers

bryanhaines399

http://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/how-to-downgrade-5-3-2-to-5-3-1-0-root-t3514182

Didn't see that one

doh, too slow again

Original Poster

Has anyone done it, is it safe, don't want to brick it before I've even used it? :P

steevieboy4u

Has anyone done it, is it safe, don't want to brick it before I've even … Has anyone done it, is it safe, don't want to brick it before I've even used it? :P

I haven't no, I've been running the ASOP firmware for a while so haven't received the OTA updates at all.

Original Poster

mpmc1987

I haven't no, I've been running the ASOP firmware for a while so haven't … I haven't no, I've been running the ASOP firmware for a while so haven't received the OTA updates at all.

Hmmm. the youtube video shows him putting the latest firmware on i.e 5.3.2

Also noticed in the comments it states someone who flashed their 5.3.2.1 bricked their device oO

forum.xda-developers.com/ama…182
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk11
    2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
    3. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
    4. Win a Free minion usb stick88

See more discussions