Groups

Is it me but I don't get all these HOT deals for DVD/Blu-Ray Films

Every day there seems to be loads of HOT deals for DVD's and Blu-Ray films that get to a high degree of hot votes.

Once I've seen a movie I rarely watch it again...is it me? I have signed up for a FREE 3 month love film trial so can watch all these £10, £8 etc blu-ray movies FREE...

I understand when it comes to Disney or childrens movies as they tend to watch the movie over and over again but as an adult, do you watch a movie you have purchased more than once?

Just a debate...

24 Comments

^ another weirdo that rarely watches a film more than once

WTF

IS DIS REAL?

SuperEd

Dont like them ignore them ? so your telling me you have never watched a film more than once ?

Yes, it's you.

Banned

physical media for the purposes of distributing digital entertainment is dead!
    Edited by: "master_chief" 18th Mar 2011

I rarely watch films at all, let alone more than once.

I agree - don't understand why anyone would fork out for a dvd to watch it again & again - especially with the like of lovefilm on the go and other "methods" of obtaining films.

Lovefilm is the future.

master_chief

physical media is dead!

...except that used to store digital versions, of course.

BFN,

fp.

There are many, many films I would watch again and again.

Do you not listen to an album more than once? or play a video game?

sancho1983

There are many, many films I would watch again and again.Do you not … There are many, many films I would watch again and again.Do you not listen to an album more than once? or play a video game?

There are a few films I can watch every time they are televised (digitised, if you wish), even though I have them on Video, &/or DVD, &/or Blu-ray Disc (probably still sealed).

Others I watch again & again until I buy them to wean me out of the habit of keep watching them whenever I change a TV channel & find they are being shown.

Others I would never watch again (some of which I foolishly bought pre-recorded first).

Each to their own though. I don't read fiction books; not even once. However, I would happily watch the motion picture version of a fictional story.

There are also many albums I would not play again, & a few video games that I would never sell but I will never play in the future.

BFN,

fp.
    Edited by: "fanpages" 18th Mar 2011

I feel the same about watching certain films. I can easily use my laptop, DS, phone or whatever whilst it is on.

I get your point though.

Films like Pulp Fiction and Forest Gump deserved to be watched over and over again. The more I watched Gump (as I got older and wiser) the more connections I got

Banned

The "Freinds" deals full of sheeple rushing to buy the box set every time it get posted on a monthly bases, makes me wonder the same thing

Is it me but I don't get all these HOT deals for DVD/Blu-Ray Films being whinged at by people who aren't interested but take the time to create a thread about it

It might be people buying things for the first time? Ive never seen The Godfather for example...

I do see your point though, other than back to the future and p0rn I try not to watch anything more than once... Lifes far too short...

autolesbona

Is it me but I don't get all these HOT deals for DVD/Blu-Ray Films being … Is it me but I don't get all these HOT deals for DVD/Blu-Ray Films being whinged at by people who aren't interested but take the time to create a thread about it

People are becoming more an more moany on here and in real life. I tend to just smile and ignore all the miserable sods these days

Shaun of the dead watch it everytime it comes on tv, some films u just can indiana jones on bank holidays or christmas, old skool films- goonies,stir crazy and stuff like that from when i was younger

master_chief

physical media is dead!

fanpages

...except that used to store digital versions, of course.

master_chief

physical media for the purposes of distributing digital entertainment is … physical media for the purposes of distributing digital entertainment is dead!Edited By: master_chief on Mar 18, 2011 13:27: Updated for OCD pedants!

"OCD pedants"? Thanks for caring.

BFN,

fp.

the only dvd's ive bought in the past few year are box sets and stand-up dvd's. i pay god knows how much to Sky for the privilage of watching movies.
    I dont mind watching films more than a few times but it just tends to be whats on tele at the time.
    The quandry ive got at the minute is that im debating a cheap blu-ray player but i know after a month or so it wouldnt get used just like the home cinema system i bought a couple of years ago!

There have been many threads on here already about all the dvd's, I was one that started a thread on it.

i dont think the OP was specifically(sp) moaning about the deals being post but merely asking if anybody shared his opinion about buying dvd's or watching them over & over .

Bought law abiding citizen on BD last week for 5 quid thanks to hukd, originally saw it at the cinema have a HD rip of it and now I'm gonna sit back and watch it tonight, even though I know what happens it doesn't bore me if I watch it again.

garbage456

There have been many threads on here already about all the dvd's, I was … There have been many threads on here already about all the dvd's, I was one that started a thread on it.

I can keep reading DVD threads even though I know what is going to happen in them.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

SkilledNutter

Lovefilm is the future.

^^^ This is what I agree with...for a small fee each month (although I am on free 3 months trial) I can watch loads of films without having to buy them for £12 and then be worth £1 in a years time...

This is my opinion....

Banned

I do watch really good films again but only after a really long time our if I'm with a different set of people.

I feel after all that time i've changed as a person and as a result the movie changes for me also.

The same can be said if I watch the same film with different people in a different setting. This can change my perspective of a good film even if it hasn't been so long since I last saw it.

Banned

But average films I don't bother watching again
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      2. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?33
      4. Furniture Sliders45

See more discussions