Groups

Is it me or....

Does coke from a glass bottle taste so much nicer than from a can???

It's less fizzier too, maybe thats the secret!!

Anyone agree?

52 Comments

Hmmmm?

You may have a point there.....?

Good thinking!

Or does it just appear less fizzy, as not so much is coming out of the end at one time?

Not sure?

But .... Funny you should say that.....

BEER tastes better out of a bottle too....

Not that this has ANYTHING to do with Coke - but... t'was my silly line of thinking!

Puuurrrr

xxxxx

definately always has done :thumbsup:

Perhaps one of the clever Bods on here will have a more definitive answer than my musings!

LOL!

xxx

yeah, its something to do with the waxy layer they put on the can to stop the acid in the coke from corroding the metal in the can.

Original Poster

cloudthecat;5188829

Hmmmm?You may have a point there.....?Good thinking!Or does it just … Hmmmm?You may have a point there.....?Good thinking!Or does it just appear less fizzy, as not so much is coming out of the end at one time?Not sure?But .... Funny you should say that.....BEER tastes better out of a bottle too....Not that this has ANYTHING to do with Coke - but... t'was my silly line of thinking!Puuurrrrxxxxx

Well if it has the same effect with beer is has to be the fizz!! or maybe... just maybe, it might be me reminising about about my youthful holidays in Spain sitting at the bar with the oldies with a bottle of Coke... those were the days!

Original Poster

cloudthecat;5188838

Perhaps one of the clever Bods on here will have a more definitive answer … Perhaps one of the clever Bods on here will have a more definitive answer than my musings!LOL!xxx

Oh no... i'm totally convinced by your beer conclusion :thumbsup:

Original Poster

krazie2004;5188842

yeah, its something to do with the waxy layer they put on the can to stop … yeah, its something to do with the waxy layer they put on the can to stop the acid in the coke from corroding the metal in the can.

Really??? I never knew that... well Coca Cola has been known to contain other ingredients even if it was a long time ago! :w00t:

Original Poster

Ok.. im now 1/3 way through the bottle and I swear this Cokes taste like the Pub's watered down stuff!!

Ok... now I'm confused... At first it tasted great but now I've got the taste of kiddies Cola Bottles in my mouth. You know that fake kinda Coke taste!!!

I had some oasis froma glass bottle yesterday and thought that tasted different as well.
    But yeah i do agree with you

Miss Money Penny;5188856

Well if it has the same effect with beer is has to be the fizz!! or … Well if it has the same effect with beer is has to be the fizz!! or maybe... just maybe, it might be me reminising about about my youthful holidays in Spain sitting at the bar with the oldies with a bottle of Coke... those were the days!

Arrrrrr the memories of those days.... The lovely bottles were sort of greeny coloured and .. OH GOD! The Coke was soo cold and yummy and was to die for!!!!

Mmmmmmmm -

(launches into "I'd like to buy the World a Coke, and keep it company")
    :whistling:

xxxx

Miss Money Penny;5188900

Ok.. im now 1/3 way through the bottle and I swear this Cokes taste like … Ok.. im now 1/3 way through the bottle and I swear this Cokes taste like the Pub's watered down stuff!!Ok... now I'm confused... At first it tasted great but now I've got the taste of kiddies Cola Bottles in my mouth. You know that fake kinda Coke taste!!!

The new bottle are nothing like the old ones!

Apart from anything else the ingredients have changed over the years leading to all kinds of wierd and yukky tastes.... :oops:

Irn-Bru tastes FAR better from a glass bottle...

Original Poster

cloudthecat;5188919

Arrrrrr the memories of those days.... The lovely bottles were sort of … Arrrrrr the memories of those days.... The lovely bottles were sort of greeny coloured and .. OH GOD! The Coke was soo cold and yummy and was to die for!!!!Mmmmmmmm -(launches into "I'd like to buy the World a Coke, and keep it company"):whistling:xxxx

Yeh... those are the ones!! Tinted green bottles from the pub! :thumbsup:

Drinks always taste better from bottles. Boxes of wine always seem to taste cheaper thatn the same brand in a bottle, same with milk!

Original Poster

shosie;5188916

I had some oasis froma glass bottle yesterday and thought that tasted … I had some oasis froma glass bottle yesterday and thought that tasted different as well.But yeah i do agree with you

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one... possibly all this sitting at home may of been messing with my sanity :w00t:

Original Poster

cloudthecat;5188931

The new bottle are nothing like the old ones!Apart from anything else the … The new bottle are nothing like the old ones!Apart from anything else the ingredients have changed over the years leading to all kinds of wierd and yukky tastes.... :oops:

That's true... Do wreckon there is something quite addictive in the ingredients. They claimed to removed the "Coke" that they used to put in the drinks to give it an distinctive and addictive taste.

Did you you ever hear about how Coke came about??

definitely agree. I used to wonder if they used a different recipe in the glass bottles lol

ye i think so

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5189078

definitely agree. I used to wonder if they used a different recipe in the … definitely agree. I used to wonder if they used a different recipe in the glass bottles lol

The bottled coke is more expsensive, I could understand this before they used to recycle, however it might be dearer just because "they" know it tastes nice :-D

I only buy coke in glass bottles-it tastes completely different to me. its dearer but I always have em in the fridge-I actually believed that the glass bottle ones were a different recipe to the cans and plastic bottles the taste was so different.

to my tastebuds the glass bottles taste like the way I remember it as a child.

I think drink tastes even better licked off the flat tanned stomach of a young busty pole dancer . . . . personal preference of course . . . .

But yeah, coke from bottle is better if theres no pole dancers about . . .

the coke in bottles now comes with Vodka mixed in as standard,which is why it tastes better

Original Poster

mbgringo;5189224

I think drink tastes even better licked off the flat tanned stomach of a … I think drink tastes even better licked off the flat tanned stomach of a young busty pole dancer . . . . personal preference of course . . . . But yeah, coke from bottle is better if theres no pole dancers about . . .

LOL... you mean champagne drunk from the navel of a very sensual pole dancer?? :giggle:

Banned

mbgringo;5189224

I think drink tastes even better licked off the flat tanned stomach of a … I think drink tastes even better licked off the flat tanned stomach of a young busty pole dancer . . . . personal preference of course . . . . But yeah, coke from bottle is better if theres no pole dancers about . . .

but if you cant get the top off the bottle .. they might help :thumbsup:

Original Poster

boothy;5189228

the coke in bottles now comes with Vodka mixed in as standard,which is … the coke in bottles now comes with Vodka mixed in as standard,which is why it tastes better

Oh right... so thats what it is then!!

Miss Money Penny;5189046

That's true... Do wreckon there is something quite addictive in the … That's true... Do wreckon there is something quite addictive in the ingredients. They claimed to removed the "Coke" that they used to put in the drinks to give it an distinctive and addictive taste.Did you you ever hear about how Coke came about??

Well, it was YEARS & YEARS ago wasn't it??

And they used to put sumfin in it??

BUT - I'm sure YOU know!!

Tell us! Tell us !!

Puuuuuurrrrr-lease!!

xxxx

Original Poster

cloudthecat;5189246

Well, it was YEARS & YEARS ago wasn't it??And they used to put sumfin in … Well, it was YEARS & YEARS ago wasn't it??And they used to put sumfin in it??BUT - I'm sure YOU know!!Tell us! Tell us !!Puuuuuurrrrr-lease!!xxxx

Have a goosey at this....

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ola

Original Poster

cloudthecat;5189246

Well, it was YEARS & YEARS ago wasn't it??And they used to put sumfin in … Well, it was YEARS & YEARS ago wasn't it??And they used to put sumfin in it??BUT - I'm sure YOU know!!Tell us! Tell us !!Puuuuuurrrrr-lease!!xxxx

On second thoughts this might answer your question...

wiki.answers.com/Q/W…ola

Miss Money Penny;5189235

LOL... you mean champagne drunk from the navel of a very sensual pole … LOL... you mean champagne drunk from the navel of a very sensual pole dancer?? :giggle:

I don't mind warm cider from the boot of a ropey looking tramp to be honest :w00t: I've not got a problem, i've not got a problem, i've not . . . . . . :oops:

Banned

mbgringo;5189294

I don't mind warm cider from the boot of a ropey looking tramp to be … I don't mind warm cider from the boot of a ropey looking tramp to be honest :w00t: I've not got a problem, i've not got a problem, i've not . . . . . . :oops:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/images/2005/08/25/tramp_master_361x470.gif

oh really :?

Original Poster

mbgringo;5189294

I don't mind warm cider from the boot of a ropey looking tramp to be … I don't mind warm cider from the boot of a ropey looking tramp to be honest :w00t: I've not got a problem, i've not got a problem, i've not . . . . . . :oops:

LOL... :w00t: Well.. when times are hard you do often have to settle for second best!

Original Poster

dog_cop;5189305

Perfect!!

Banned

Beer tastes better from an ice cold bottle than it does from a can or tap, I exclusively buy in the bottle at supermarkets

Original Poster

lumoruk;5189328

Beer tastes better from an ice cold bottle than it does from a can or … Beer tastes better from an ice cold bottle than it does from a can or tap, I exclusively buy in the bottle at supermarkets

and how about your philosophy on Coke?

Banned

lumoruk;5189328

Beer tastes better from an ice cold bottle than it does from a can or … Beer tastes better from an ice cold bottle than it does from a can or tap, I exclusively buy in the bottle at supermarkets

snob

Original Poster

Me thinks on my Tesco shop that I will purchase one CAN of coke, one GLASS BOTTLE of coke, one PLASTIC BOTTLE of coke and one and 1.5L PLASTIC BOTTLE of coke, then subject myself to a taste test!

I need to to come to a firm conclusion on this one!

dog_cop;5189305

http://bp1.blogger.com/_eqkC4iaC5QI/Rk6UAFMNduI/AAAAAAAACus/ZFVLYhYl9P8/s400/No_not_rly_

Miss Money Penny;5189029

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one... possibly all this sitting at home … Well I'm glad I'm not the only one... possibly all this sitting at home may of been messing with my sanity :w00t:

Lol its the same with beers to i geuss

Banned

mbgringo;5189404

http://smiliesftw.com/x/yarly.gif
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp23
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …281979
      3. What is there free to do in your town?37
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions