Is it normal to have pudding every day?

Found 8th Jan 2012
Please help solve a family discussion.
Is it normal to have pudding every day of the week (after supper) or is it a treat or weekend thing?

1. Misc
  2. Pudding
72 Comments

what's a pudding lol

We hardly ever do but I think it's quite normal, they do in care homes etc.

Banned

My life has no routine.

Therefore I might have pudding all this week but none next week.

Banned

fattyuk

what's a pudding lol

Probably what made you fatty uk (_;)

we normally have a yoghurt/pudding after an evening meal

nope we dont tend to, if we do its a yoghurt or fruit salad

As long as it varies and is mostly healthy (for kids anyway, fruit, yoghurt, jelly type thing) then in our house its a regular thing - with treat/special/chocolate ones once a week or so

Banned

DLM

My life has no routine.Therefore I might have pudding all this week but … My life has no routine.Therefore I might have pudding all this week but none next week.

You're wild!

Banned

I want pudding now.

Damn you SS

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

You're wild!

My bf likes me that way

some would say so

http://mikegattoisasweetdude.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/fit4041_naked-fat-guy.jpg

pudding at weekends ............maybe!
Everyday is a lot if you ate big meals too! But its your choice....

Original Poster

Dehumanization

We hardly ever do but I think it's quite normal, they do in care homes … We hardly ever do but I think it's quite normal, they do in care homes etc.

Lol, I mean at home.
We have it every day but I think we are lucky/spoilt, no one else I know has it every day.
Other family members say it's expected, like you can't have supper without pudding.

Mod & Ed

my girls have fromage frais, yoghurt, mousse, fruit or similar after their lunch / dinner, I would love to have gooey creamy desserts every night cos I have a sweet tooth, but daren't, the weight would just pile on

i have pudding for lunch and i always feel guilty when i do that.

i think pudding should be eaten as treats at different time to meals.

My son always has pudding after his evening meal.
He has just polished off his mince pie and custard.

Original Poster

hotmik

some would say so

Lol, I'm not a fatty which is one of the reasons I have pudding as I need all the plumping up I can get lol
We have cakes, scones, crumbles, rice puddings, banana custard, fruit with ratafia biscuits and creme fraiche ontop etc as puddings.

Banned

I am now eating banana cake.

Original Poster

thesaint

My son always has pudding after his evening meal.He has just polished off … My son always has pudding after his evening meal.He has just polished off his mince pie and custard.

I just had 3 mince pies with brandy butter. Yum yum yum

sickly sweet

Lol, I'm not a fatty which is one of the reasons I have pudding as I need … Lol, I'm not a fatty which is one of the reasons I have pudding as I need all the plumping up I can get lolWe have cakes, scones, crumbles, rice puddings, banana custard, fruit with ratafia biscuits and creme fraiche ontop etc as puddings.

SS are you still taking bookings, if so I'll have a seat for 1

Edited by: "richp" 8th Jan 2012

A treat. Cake & custard a couple of times for supper but my kids are spoiled i never
got either

Original Poster

DLM

Yuck, I never could understand the whole banana bread/cake thing. They taste like black bananas and icky!

mutley1

i have pudding for lunch and i always feel guilty when i do that.i think … i have pudding for lunch and i always feel guilty when i do that.i think pudding should be eaten as treats at different time to meals.

+1

Banned

sickly sweet

Yuck, I never could understand the whole banana bread/cake thing. They … Yuck, I never could understand the whole banana bread/cake thing. They taste like black bananas and icky!

I don't eat banana's but I love everything that has banana in it.

Banned

Should be a treat.

I allow myself the equavelent of 3 biscuits a day, one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening. No more than that

its called dessert not pudding

Banned

My bf probably has a pudding after every meal.

Banned

whatsThePoint

pudding after every meal in hospital including breakfast

Yeah but i can sort of understand that. People probably need building up

Original Poster

4nelson4

A treat. Cake & custard a couple of times for supper but my kids are … A treat. Cake & custard a couple of times for supper but my kids are spoiled i never got either

I think part of it is because my parents went to boarding school, and so did I (but as a day pupil) so we always had pudding with lunch then tea with cakes or something sweet at 3.30pm and then pudding with supper. It kind of just continued lol

Original Poster

Orcinus_orca

its called dessert not pudding

Sooooo wrong.

Banned

sickly sweet

I think part of it is because my parents went to boarding school, and so … I think part of it is because my parents went to boarding school, and so did I (but as a day pupil) so we always had pudding with lunch then tea with cakes or something sweet at 3.30pm and then pudding with supper. It kind of just continued lol

I went to boarding school too. What a laugh. And the food was all traditional english fare, black pudding, bacon eggs in the morning, and traditional english desserts. I certainly ate well.

Original Poster

Elton Chong

Yeah but i can sort of understand that. People probably need building up

And after the unappetising main course you need something sweet and tempting.

Banned

sickly sweet

And after the unappetising main course you need something sweet and … And after the unappetising main course you need something sweet and tempting.

The local hospital had a stand in my local shopping centre where they had samples of the food. I was pleasantly surprised.

Looking foward to a spell in hospital so i can take advantage of the great food.

Original Poster

Elton Chong

I went to boarding school too. What a laugh. And the food was all … I went to boarding school too. What a laugh. And the food was all traditional english fare, black pudding, bacon eggs in the morning, and traditional english desserts. I certainly ate well.

Yep, fond memories of the school puddings like jam rolly polly lol.

DLM

that has made me feel hungry. i had to go and get another chocolate biscuit.

i love banana fritters and banana milkshake and banana sweets.

posts about pudding before bed is not doing anyone any good OP.

certainly wouldn't have pudding or dessert everyday,

for me it's a treat, something you look forward to having rather something you are expecting. Fruit is probably something you should have everyday (and no fruit in a pudding is not the same).

sickly sweet

I think part of it is because my parents went to boarding school, and so … I think part of it is because my parents went to boarding school, and so did I (but as a day pupil) so we always had pudding with lunch then tea with cakes or something sweet at 3.30pm and then pudding with supper. It kind of just continued lol

OMG oO Hence your name

Trying to cut down after xmas, put on around 3lb and can feel it - but reading this you have just made me want something nice - off for the maltesers (they don't make me feel as guilty)!

Banned

sickly sweet

Yep, fond memories of the school puddings like jam rolly polly lol.

Yeah, for years i used to indulge in the black pudding and then i found out what it was lol.

Breakfast would consist of 5 eggs, bacon, sausage, fried bread, black pudding, cereal and 6 pieces of toast with chocolate spread and gallons of milk and tea.

Banned

Today iv hardly eaten anything, not gonna bother with dinner, just a protein shake will do
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants